Author Topic: Pelosi Reverses House Fairness Rules  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Pelosi Reverses House Fairness Rules
« on: January 06, 2009, 11:31:41 PM »
Pelosi Reverses House Fairness Rules

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to re-write House rules today to ensure that the Republican minority is unable to have any influence on legislation. Pelosi’s proposals are so draconian, and will so polarize the Capitol, that any thought President-elect Obama has of bipartisan cooperation will be rendered impossible before he even takes office.

After decades of Democrat control of the House of Representatives, gross abuses to the legislative process and several high-profile scandals contributed to an overwhelming Republican House Congressional landslide victory in 1994. Reforms to the House Rules as part of the Contract with America were designed to open up to public scrutiny what had become under this decades-long Democrat majority a dangerously secretive House legislative process. The Republican reform of the way the House did business included opening committee meetings to the public and media, making Congress actually subject to federal law, term limits for committee chairmen ending decades-long committee fiefdoms, truth in budgeting, elimination of the committee proxy vote, authorization of a House audit, specific requirements for blanket rules waivers, and guarantees to the then-Democrat minority party to offer amendments to pieces of legislation.

Pelosi’s proposed repeal of decades-long House accountability reforms exposes a tyrannical Democrat leadership poised to assemble legislation in secret, then goose-step it through Congress by the elimination of debate and amendment procedures as part of America’s governing legislative process.

(MORE)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Pelosi Reverses House Fairness Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 05:11:11 AM »
Welcome to Democracy Despotism courtesy of the Democrat Party.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 06:07:28 AM »
c-span is about to become must watch tv. 

:popcorn:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 06:09:32 AM »
Sigh. I'm not surprised. The most open and ethical congress hasn't been able to get an approval rating above single digits. Going this is certainly going to help. NOT!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 06:28:30 AM »
After this, they'll be lucky to have an approval rating in positive territory.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 06:50:28 AM »
After this, they'll be lucky to have an approval rating in positive territory.

But we'll never know cause the MSM will never report it.

Get ready for four years of "Dems can do no wrong" reporting

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 07:16:51 AM »
...and we don't call him the Big Zero for nothing.  The One needs to have a little talk with Bella Pelosi and let her know who's about to be in charge.  If he doesn't, she'll be running things and he will truely be the "house  :censored: ".

:censored: idiot.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 10:59:06 AM »
...and we don't call him the Big Zero for nothing.  The One needs to have a little talk with Bella Pelosi and let her know who's about to be in charge.  If he doesn't, she'll be running things and he will truely be the "house  :censored: ".

:censored: idiot.

You're assuming that she's doing this without his knowledge and/or approval.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 11:07:42 AM »
This is how they will sneak anti gun and ammo provisions into obscure bills.
All the things that the left wants but knows the public won`t support will find their way into legislation.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 11:09:34 AM »
You're assuming that she's doing this without his knowledge and/or approval.
Actually I just don't give him credit for being smart enough to know what's really going on.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 11:27:57 AM »
I Pegged the O man as going to be a puppet President ever since he won the election.  No Idea who the puppet master(s) are but they are out there with no shortage of likely suspects.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »
But we'll never know cause the MSM will never report it.

Get ready for four years of "Dems can do no wrong" reporting

Maybe not...The MSM *needs* dissension. They'll attack the dems pretty soon, I think.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »
Maybe not...The MSM *needs* dissension. They'll attack the dems pretty soon, I think.

If it bleeds, it leads. That has always been true.  If the MSM needs to, they'll create the story. In this case, I think they'll cover things of interest to conservatives, just to sell papers or ratings for TV news.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 01:50:21 PM »
c-span is about to become must watch tv. 

:popcorn:

Wouldn't surprise me if the Botox Queen tried to shut that down as well.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if the Botox Queen tried to shut that down as well.
That won't make a lot of DUmmies very happy, since it seems a good majority of them subsist on nothing but Cheetos, CSpan, and welfare checks.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 08:38:24 AM »
What goes around comes around.  I just hope that in that distant day when the GOP regains the House, they don't go all gushy and bipartisan, but feed these bastards what they're trying to give us, with interest.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »
i view it as let them have their rule changes, then when unemployment is up, inflation is up, and people are pissed off, there is no way anyone can point at a republican... even though they will try.  the argument would be "how can we be the problem?  we can't even propose alternative solutions"

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »
They'll still try to blame Bush for "getting us into this mess in the first place". Even though we know better, there's still a lot of gullible lunkheads that will believe it without question (namely the Flavor-Aid drinking, zombified, cult-like Obama followers).