Author Topic: There Are Not Enough Pigs In The World To Fill China's Pork Hole  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
There Are Not Enough Pigs In The World To Fill China's Pork Hole
« on: November 29, 2019, 09:44:01 AM »
There Are Not Enough Pigs In The World To Fill China's Pork Hole
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/chinas-pork-deficit-balloon-2020-amid-declining-global-supplies

African swine fever has wiped out herds of pigs all over China - by some estimates more than half - and it now appears the global supply of pork might not be able to satisfy the country's demand in early 2020, reported Bloomberg.

The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs published new data on Friday that shows the number of hogs in China dropped 40% in Oct. YoY. The decline is mostly due to the African swine fever and farmers culling their herds to prevent further transmission of the dangerous disease.

The disease has spread from Africa to Europe, and currently across Asia, and are fears pork supplies around the world are dwindling and might not be able to fill China's deficit. Just this week, the Dutch government announced plans to shrink its hog industry (why? because apparently pigs smells - the government says fewer pigs means less odor nuisance and a better living environment, as well lower emissions of ammonia, in the European country with the most cows and pigs relative to land area).

The African Swine Fever in China is much worse than being reported. To make matters worse, there are not enough pigs. The Netherlands is shrinking the hog industry. Not a smart move.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: There Are Not Enough Pigs In The World To Fill China's Pork Hole
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 03:10:05 PM »
If they need hogs we should send some liberal / progressive women. Starting with code pink. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: There Are Not Enough Pigs In The World To Fill China's Pork Hole
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 05:29:23 PM »
The US has a huge unused capacity, thing is raising pigs doesn't pay nearly what raising cattle does, so our supply is economically limited, not capacity-limited.  Price goes well up, so will supply.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.