Author Topic: Hello CC from a fed up indipendant conservative  (Read 12215 times)

Offline IndiCon15

Hello CC from a fed up indipendant conservative
« on: January 06, 2016, 07:44:38 AM »
So I grew up in a conservative house, but I live in a liberal city, and have now worked in 2 solidly liberal professions.  I've spent most of my life around left leaning ideology, and I've seen it grow into an outright oppressive religion.  I've seen it go from totalitarian to authoritarian.  I'm fed up because I've had to play to game and be socially political all my professional life.  I'm tired of not talking about things with friends and colleagues and I wanted to find a web forum with like minded people.

This forum seems to have a community feel, you guys talk about a lot of different things, hopefully light on trolls, and moves pretty fast.  I'm looking forward to joining some discussions and learning a thing or two. 

thanks for having me.   

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Hello CC from a fed up indipendant conservative
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 09:58:47 AM »
Welcome. :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 11:12:48 AM »
Welcome,  sounds like you are going to fit right in.  Enjoy!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 11:22:15 AM »
Welcome!

Dive right in!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 12:10:20 PM »
 :cheersmate:
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 12:16:26 PM »
Welcome to CC.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 01:05:10 PM »

... hopefully light on trolls...

Trolls get no mercy on this forum.  If you're looking for somewhere that's "hopefully light on trolls", this might not be the place for you.

Welcome to the Cave.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 06:25:42 PM »
Trolls get no mercy on this forum.  If you're looking for somewhere that's "hopefully light on trolls", this might not be the place for you.

Welcome to the Cave.

Perhaps he meant he hopes there's not a lot of trolls here, not that we treat trolls gently.

Anyway, Welcome to the Cave, IC15!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »
Perhaps he meant he hopes there's not a lot of trolls here, not that we treat trolls gently.

In retrospect, Pete, I believe you're right.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline IndiCon15

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 12:05:01 PM »
Thanks for the kind welcomes.  And yes, light on trolls as in, not too many or none.  Although just by saying that I feel like I'm trying to impose my morality onto this place.   :thatsright:  :)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 06:32:23 PM »
We have a couple.  They're called "chew toys." :whistling:

Welcome, BTW.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 08:17:02 PM »
We get the occasional troll now and again who barges in, shits on the carpet here, and then leaves.  Most of them don't last long, though.  :-) :popcorn: 

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 11:40:41 PM »
Welcome

The more, the merrier.