Author Topic: RandySF's dad gets Wuhan Crud shot, thanks to President Trump and Big Pharma  (Read 800 times)

Offline Delmar

Sun Feb 7, 2021, 02:46 PM
Star Member RandySF (36,261 posts)

My dad just received his first COVID shot courtesy of the Veterans Administration

Thank you, FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215067466

One could thank President Trump for Operation Warp Speed and for holding the Veterans Administration accountable and thank Big Pharma for taking advantage of the relaxed regulatory environment to create the vaccines in record time or one could just simply thank the generic swamp.

Response to RandySF (Original post)Sun Feb 7, 2021, 03:07 PM
Star Member Wounded Bear (42,577 posts)
2. As a fellow Vet, nice to see some movement there...

I patiently await my call.

Wounded Bear is waiting patiently for his shot since one doesn't have to worry about dying while waiting for treatment at the VA anymore like like people did during the Obama/Biden era.  Thanks again President Trump for the VA Accountability Act!

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

If Randy's Dad also lives in CA it's a good thing he's a vet. The State of CA is pooing the screwch in getting doses delivered by P, M, and the Feds into people's arms. The most recent CDC show that CA has not injected 40% of the doses the states has received, worse that the pathetic national average.

But, yeah, Randy should be thankful that Trump attempted and succeeded in a vaccine effort that would never have entered HilLIARy's imagination. Trump's goal of 20M doses delivered before the end of 2020 was missed by less than a week.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpDiver

What's the deal with veterans?

On the one hand they pretend they're all selfless and noble.

But when push comes to shove they think they're better than everyone else and deserve special treatment.  I have zero issues with taking care of our veterans, especially those wounded or killed in combat but if they're as selfless as they pretend to be then they'd want fellow citizens to get preference, or at least equal, treatment.

Offline dutch508

• Remember

Be careful, son.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion

But when push comes to shove they think they're better than everyone else and deserve special treatment.  I have zero issues with taking care of our veterans, especially those wounded or killed in combat but if they're as selfless as they pretend to be then they'd want fellow citizens to get preference, or at least equal, treatment.

Pay attention to Dutch’s response.

One thing that you may forget is that many veterans are in the high risk groups of age, pre existing  conditions etc. 
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline SVPete

RandySF, AFAIK, is not a young pup. So his Dad is probably at least well into his 60s, and likely in his 70s. IOW, in one of most states' highest priority groups, just due to his age. Without checking, while the VA is doing its thing independent of states' priority lists I doubt a healthy 40YO vet could waltz in off the street and get vaccinated right away. The good VA hospitals, at least, are probably handling vaccination far better than many states.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

. The good VA hospitals, at least, are probably handling vaccination far better than many states.

Gov. Prickster in Illinois is prioritizing giving prisoners the vaccine over other high risk groups.

Offline SVPete

Gov. Prickster in Illinois is prioritizing giving prisoners the vaccine over other high risk groups.

IMO, vaccinate the staff on high priority and vaccinate prisoners by whatever state standard their age/health fits. No "cruel and unusual" punishment, and no favored treatment.

Offline thundley4

IMO, vaccinate the staff on high priority and vaccinate prisoners by whatever state standard their age/health fits. No "cruel and unusual" punishment, and no favored treatment.

They have already released most non-violent offenders in the at risk categories early on. Vaccinate the staff. Period.

Offline DLR Pyro

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

They stepped up to the plate to serve. That's more than those who didn't
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!