Author Topic: Supreme Court Refuses to Hear Coach's Team Prayer Case  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Supreme Court Refuses to Hear Coach's Team Prayer Case
« on: March 02, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »
Supreme Court Refuses to Hear Coach's Team Prayer Case

WASHINGTON —  The Supreme Court won't review a lower court decision that banned a high school football coach from bowing his head and kneeling during prayers led by his players.

Marcus Borden wanted the high court to overturn an appeals court ruling that upheld the East Brunswick, N.J., school district's policy that forbids him and other staff from joining in student-led prayer. But the court on Monday refused to take his appeal. Borden, the East Brunswick coach since 1983, had a long history of leading prayers before he was ordered to stop.

The 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia had said the school district policy banning his prayers was constitutional.

Were I the coach, I would pray anyway.  I suspect there is more to this story than is printed here.

LINK

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Sam Adams

Re: Supreme Court Refuses to Hear Coach's Team Prayer Case
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:55:35 AM »
The school district made "a law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" and the courts sustained the school district. Yes, that makes perfect sense.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 05:36:07 AM »
If I were the coach, I wouldn't be associated with the school district any longer.  I would rather starve than deny Christ.

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:42:39 AM »
If I were the coach, I wouldn't be associated with the school district any longer.  I would rather starve than deny Christ.

I like you.

Some Christian college or high school needs to see this and hire the guy. At an increased salary.

Offline TheRightWay

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

The only path to true light is the accepting of Christ, this district is bereft of saving grace and should be forced into following his lead