Author Topic: Don’t agree with Anthem protest? You must be racist!  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Houstonguy34

Don’t agree with Anthem protest? You must be racist!
« on: August 12, 2018, 05:55:04 PM »
So if you want to just watch or go to a game and not be annoyed by overpaid millionaires taking a piss on law enforcement and the Military you must be a evil racist.. Well according to these DUmmies.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210993370#post4

Sun Aug 12, 2018, 05:32 PM
Funtatlaguy (2,602 posts)

Easy answer to NFL players kneeling "controversy".

For those of you that have attended both college and pro football games, you know that the college teams don’t come out of their locker rooms until AFTER the national anthem has been played.
Pro teams could do the same if the tv networks would move kickoffs back a few minutes.

Squinch (24,500 posts)
1. Why should they? Its a respectful and righteous protests, it's purpose is to be seen.

I wish I were a football fan. This middle-aged white lady would be taking a knee with those guys.
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink
Response to Squinch (Reply #1)Sun Aug 12, 2018, 06:07 PM
Star Member backtoblue (5,029 posts)
5. I agree

Taking a knee in silence is the one of the most peaceful ways to protest. It hurts no one by either the humble kneeling or their silent opposition to violence.

I would kneel with them.

Reply to this post
Response to Funtatlaguy (Original post)Sun Aug 12, 2018, 05:45 PM
RockRaven (1,070 posts)
2. That's how the NFL was too until 2009. They could easily go back to the "traditional" way.

Someone needs to tell Trump that having the NFL players on the field for the anthem is something Obama started. Then he'll be against it.
Reply to this post
Response to Funtatlaguy (Original post)Sun Aug 12, 2018, 05:52 PM
Mike Rows His Boat (238 posts)
3. How about we recognize that football causes brain injury and ban it?

Truth Doesn't Have a Side: My Alarming Discovery about the Danger of Contact Sports

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/truth-doesnt-have-a-side-bennet-omalu/1125138207/2679375249147?st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_New+Marketplace+Shopping+Books_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP211463&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzqvrgL_o3AIVFgeGCh0G9gdlEAQYBCABEgKbo_D_BwE

Reply to this post
Response to Funtatlaguy (Original post)Sun Aug 12, 2018, 06:00 PM
Star Member Solly Mack (72,951 posts)
4. No. It's a peaceful protest. They shouldn't be attacked or punished for it.

What people should do is to start thinking about what is being protested - police brutality against POC.

Instead of mindlessly embracing symbols & words over actually living up to the ideas of justice, equality, freedom, liberty.

If protests against police brutality of POC makes a person uncomfortable or angry, then the problems is with the people getting their panties in a wad - not the protests.

A lot of football players are famous and have a name - and they are using that fame for good.

No different than any well known person doing the same.

And it is a common practice to get well known people to speak out against injustices.

They have a larger audience and the message gets out.

The only problem now is some white people getting offended.

And to that I say - So?

White people who feel the need to turn the protest into something it isn't. White people who feel the need to take a truth - racism in America - and turn a protest against that racism into an attack on them as white people - which they equate with the whole of America (as if America and white were synonymous).

Well, if the white hood fits - wear it.

What should offend them is police brutality against POC.

Not the actions to stop it.

Their anger at a peaceful protest lets the rest of us know just what kind of person they are - and it ain't good.

Reply to this post
Response to Funtatlaguy (Original post)Sun Aug 12, 2018, 06:25 PM
Star Member johnp3907 (2,320 posts)
6. A better idea:

Focus on what the protests are ABOUT!
Reply to this post
Response to Funtatlaguy (Original post)Sun Aug 12, 2018, 06:27 PM
unblock (38,993 posts)
7. Nice compromise. White supremacists are spared seeing protests

And black people keep dying.

Reply to this post
Response to Funtatlaguy (Original post)Sun Aug 12, 2018, 06:34 PM
Star Member uppityperson (111,957 posts)
8. I'd rather they focus on what the protests are about.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Don’t agree with Anthem protest? You must be racist!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »
It might help if these overpaid (but hey, that's free market capitalism) athletes had a coherent idea or exact cause they are protesting.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 07:50:23 PM »
I think it's the racists who are protesting the Anthem.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 08:34:36 PM »
These millionaires - regardless of skin color - are using their sport to give the middle finger to every American who disagrees with them, using a symbol particularly aimed at veterans and others who serve their communities.

Well, @#$% 'em, the union they rode in on, and the billionaire owners who kiss their behinds!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:38:24 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 02:13:57 PM »
Imagine if we "regular folk" did this while "on the clock".

Ya, DUmmies, they are at work, the 4-letter word you turds hate.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 04:11:30 PM »
Hey DUmmies    BITE ME

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 04:55:43 PM »
Virtue signalling is a hell of a drug.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 09:21:21 PM »
>I would kneel with them.

I bet you would, and ingest their Aching Seed for all the wrong reasons too.  Leftist idiocy has no bounds on its insanity border.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 09:39:59 PM »
If these players really wanted to do something they would spend some of their money in the offseason going around helping the communities and explaining to them not to do stupid stuff.

Perhaps that could plat Chris Rock's How not to get your ass kicked by the police! video.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.