Author Topic: Kansas City Royals can't catch up  (Read 1193 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Kansas City Royals can't catch up
« on: April 29, 2009, 08:25:39 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1163268.html

They will, though; it's early.

Hope springs eternal.

Royals can't catch up, lose to Tigers 3-2

Sidney Ponson's best start by far as a Royal was wasted as the offense's struggles continued in a 3-2 loss to Detroit in front of 13,520 fans at Kauffman Stadium on Sunday.

The Royals managed just three hits and one run off Tigers right-hander Armando Galarraga. Mike Aviles made it interesting with a ninth-inning home run off Detroit closer Fernando Rodney that put the Royals down just one, but Coco Crisp grounded out and David DeJesus flew out to end the game.

With the loss, the Royals fall to 9-9 and a game behind the Tigers in the AL Central.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Kansas City Royals can't catch up
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 04:35:16 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1163268.html

They will, though; it's early.

Hope springs eternal.

They have arguably the best pitcher in the AL right now, going for them tonight.  Zack Greinke is 4-0 in 4 starts, and has yet to give up an earned run this season.  He's pitched 29 innings.  His last two games were complete games.  And he isn't 25 years old yet--he'll turn 25 on October 21st.

I wonder how much the Royals are going to ask for him, if they decide to trade him at the trade deadline . . .  :o :o :o
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Kansas City Royals can't catch up
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »
They have arguably the best pitcher in the AL right now, going for them tonight.  Zack Greinke is 4-0 in 4 starts, and has yet to give up an earned run this season.  He's pitched 29 innings.  His last two games were complete games.  And he isn't 25 years old yet--he'll turn 25 on October 21st.

I wonder how much the Royals are going to ask for him, if they decide to trade him at the trade deadline . . .  :o :o :o

Royals take the lead 4-2 in the 3rd, Greinke has allowed his first two earned runs of the season.

VERY unlikely that KC would trade him at all, unless it is in 2012.  He signed a $38m/4 year deal that runs through the 2012 season.

Zack Greinke rhp
4 years/$38M (2009-12)

* 4 years/$38M (2009-12)
          o signed extension with Kansas City 1/26/09 (avoided arbitration, $4.4M-$3.4M)
          o 09:$3.75M, 10:$7.25M, 11:$13.5M, 12:$13.5M
          o limited no-trade protection in 2009, 2010

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2004/12/kansas-city-royals_28.html

That contract will be a bargain come three plus years from now, if it isn't already.

He had the goods coming into pro baseball, suffered through some unspecified anxiety issues, and now is back & better than ever.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender