Author Topic: Turley Calls For Barr's Resignation If He Was Involved In Photo Op  (Read 418 times)

Offline Delmar

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 02:13 PM
Star Member babylonsister (164,953 posts)

GOP Witness (Turley) Calls For Barr's Resignation If He Was Involved In Photo Op...

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/06/gop-witness-calls-barrs-resignation-if-he

6/30/20 3:48am
GOP Witness Calls For Barr's Resignation If He Was Involved In Photo Op: 'Outrageous Use Of Power'
Jonathan Turley told Congress that if Attorney General William Barr was involved in the plan to clear Lafayette park for Trump's photo op he should resign.
By David

George Washington University Professor Jonathan Turley, a witness for House Republicans, on Monday said that Attorney General William Barr should resign if he knew about President Donald Trump’s Lafayette Square photo op before protesters were forcefully cleared from the area.

“There was evidence the plan was put into place 48 hours before,” Turley told the House Oversight Committee. “Even if those facts are true, it does not answer whether the president’s photo op played a role in the size of the perimeter, the decision to move people all the way to I Street, for example.”

“Those are things that are legitimate questions,” he continued. “If Attorney General Barr cleared that area for the purpose of the photo op, despite knowing him for many years, being a graduate of our law school, I would immediately call for him to step down because that would be an outrageous use of power.”

He added: “If this was done to intimidate people, this would be a serious problem.”

Barr, who ordered the square cleared and participated in the president’s photo op, is on record denying that he knew the event was going to take place.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213678645

It was much much more than a photo op.  It's bad enough that leftist mobs had been burning down businesses, but they tried to burn down a church.  And not just any church, it was an historically significant church.  And not just any historically significant church, it sits just a stone's throw away from the White House.

It was a masterful use of the bully pulpit for the president walk down on foot to observe the damage firsthand and draw attention to how evil the leftists are--and just how close it was to the White House.  A masterful and effective use of the bully pulpit and even the primitives can understand that--that's why they are trying so desperately to dismiss it as a mere photo op.

Now, a good example of a photo op that deserves mockery and contempt would be a bunch of pasty faced clowns like Pelosi, Hoyer, and Nadler putting on kente cloth shawls and staging a buffoonish kneel in.

President Trump was shining a spotlight on the leftist animals and they don't like that.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Turley Calls For Barr's Resignation If He Was Involved In Photo Op
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 08:47:07 AM »
Literally everything a president does in public is a photo op. This is a whole lot of  :jerkit:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke