Author Topic: Another "October surprise?"  (Read 498 times)

Offline tbone0106

• Probationary (Probie)
Another "October surprise?"
« on: October 22, 2012, 01:59:00 AM »
This one I'd have to describe as bittersweet. Gasoline prices are set to decline as much as 50 cents in the coming weeks, due to absolutely nothing Dear Leader and his administration have done. But you just know who'll get the credit...

Actually, there is blame to be apportioned in this story. The supply-side problems have been remedied (supply-side problems tend to get fixed when there is demand to fill), but the real culprit in the partial price collapse is the horrible economy, which is sapping demand for gas. This "recovery" is so miserable that the price of gasoline at the pump has been, at least partially, disconnected from the price of oil on the world market.

Offline formerlurker

Re: Another "October surprise?"
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:18:02 AM »
Will have to remember to top off oil tank when it falls.    $.50 is not enough as it won't affect grocery and goods prices. 

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 09:31:40 AM »
If gas starts to fall we can throw 0bama's own words against him, since gas prices only go down in a bad economy then we must be in one.  :-)

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 12:44:23 PM »
If gas starts to fall we can throw 0bama's own words against him, since gas prices only go down in a bad economy then we must be in one.  :-)

A good point.  I hadn't thought about that. :thatsright:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 01:18:51 PM »

You beat me to it! I wonder how MSNBC will carry this?  :lmao:

Offline tbone0106

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »
You beat me to it! I wonder how MSNBC will carry this?  :lmao:

No you don't...  :p