Author Topic: Deal reached on tax rebates for stimulus  (Read 13072 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Deal reached on tax rebates for stimulus
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 12:03:42 PM »
AllyCat  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-24-08 10:34 AM
Response to Original message
7. Looking out for the little people, eh Nancy?
 Edited on Thu Jan-24-08 10:40 AM by AllyCat
----snip---

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi agreed to drop increases in food stamp and unemployment benefits during the Wednesday meeting in exchange for gaining rebates of at least $300 for almost everyone earning a paycheck, including low-income earners who make too little to pay income taxes.

---snip---

You have to be earning a paycheck in order to get anything. That should really help out the people who need it most.  Of course, NONE of this brings jobs back to the US which would actually help us instead of put a bandaid on a hemorrhage.

No wonder Congress is such a waste. 
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

I wonder why it is, that the line about having to earn a paycheck bothers them so much? :badmood:
...because no one can get a job in this **** economy.   :whatever:

Actually there is some truth to that the job market really sucks right now.

Then how come the McDonald's up on the highway still can't fill their open positions @ $9.50/hour?  They've been struggling for three years to cover their store.  You'd think there would be a line down the service road. 

The Wal-Mart (HUGE) distribution center near Terrell, Tx. can't get enough people either.  They start at $12.50. 

Those maybe sucky jobs, but if times were as hard as the democrats and the media want us to believe, those jobs would not be available.

Maybe in your area Undies here there is a waiting list to get in to the wal mart distribution center. Fast food in this area wont touch me because I am overqualified as one of the managers told me. Other food service all requires experience in food service.

Well, you need to move to where the jobs are.  :old:

Oh yeah because the 3 to 4 grand needed to move grows on trees you just have to know which orchard to pick it from.  :whatever:

Crawl down from the pyre, Joan.  It was just a parody because of what you said earlier in the thread. 

You have to excuse me Undies I'm really frustrated right now. If I hear one more person tell me the economy is doing so wonderful I am gonna kick them in the head.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 12:20:46 PM »
----snip---

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi agreed to drop increases in food stamp and unemployment benefits during the Wednesday meeting in exchange for gaining rebates of at least $300 for almost everyone earning a paycheck, including low-income earners who make too little to pay income taxes.

---snip---

You have to be earning a paycheck in order to get anything. That should really help out the people who need it most.  Of course, NONE of this brings jobs back to the US which would actually help us instead of put a bandaid on a hemorrhage.

I wonder why it is, that the line about having to earn a paycheck bothers them so much? :badmood:

Then how come the McDonald's up on the highway still can't fill their open positions @ $9.50/hour?  They've been struggling for three years to cover their store.  You'd think there would be a line down the service road. 

The Wal-Mart (HUGE) distribution center near Terrell, Tx. can't get enough people either.  They start at $12.50. 

Those maybe sucky jobs, but if times were as hard as the democrats and the media want us to believe, those jobs would not be available.

Maybe in your area Undies here there is a waiting list to get in to the wal mart distribution center. Fast food in this area wont touch me because I am overqualified as one of the managers told me. Other food service all requires experience in food service.

Oh yeah because the 3 to 4 grand needed to move grows on trees you just have to know which orchard to pick it from.  :whatever:

Crawl down from the pyre, Joan.  It was just a parody because of what you said earlier in the thread. 

You have to excuse me Undies I'm really frustrated right now. If I hear one more person tell me the economy is doing so wonderful I am gonna kick them in the head.

The economy is not doing as bad as some think.

It will get better
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 12:27:14 PM »
----snip---

---snip---

The economy is not doing as bad as some think.

It will get better

Yeah real easy to think if you have a job or live in an area where there are jobs. But you all are conservatives so you think unemployed people are just lazy bums anyway.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 12:37:11 PM »
It pisses me off that the Government steals MY money via the income tax system and then the big shots act like they are doing me a big favor by giving some of it back. Assholes.... :banghead: :banghead: People that don't even pay taxes get a refund. It seems to me that it may be time to water the tree of liberty again.....

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 12:40:19 PM »
It pisses me off that the Government steals MY money via the income tax system and then the big shots act like they are doing me a big favor by giving some of it back. Assholes.... :banghead: :banghead: People that don't even pay taxes get a refund. It seems to me that it may be time to water the tree of liberty again.....

It's only gonna get worse when Hillary is office. Taxes are going to go up.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 02:11:18 PM »

Yeah real easy to think if you have a job or live in an area where there are jobs. But you all are conservatives so you think unemployed people are just lazy bums anyway.

Take a Midol and lie down for a while.  Sheesh. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 02:32:39 PM »

What I am saying is true.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 02:50:55 PM »

It doesn't jive with my life experience.  I find "you all are conservatives so..." to be insulting and way off the mark.  Conservatives know the difference between folks who are between job and the perpetually unemployed.  There is no point in alienating your internet friends because you are a bit depressed about your current situation. 

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 03:24:48 PM »

It doesn't jive with my life experience.  I find "you all are conservatives so..." to be insulting and way off the mark.  Conservatives know the difference between folks who are between job and the perpetually unemployed.  There is no point in alienating your internet friends because you are a bit depressed about your current situation. 

Well the conservative way of thinking is always to look down on those who are struggling. It's bad enough people here look down on me for my personal life problems now they look down on me because I'm unemployed.

That is an interesting take on the conservative way of thinking.  Once again, that is not my life experience.  I have been a conservative my entire life and I find my sort to be the most compassionate and trustworthy individuals you will ever want to meet.  Maybe you are confusing the "struggling" with the "worthless".  As long as someone is struggling, one can not be without worth.

I, personally, don't know anything about your personal life other than you were once married and now you are not.  I don't desire to know anymore unless you think it is important that I do. I take you at face value as we conduct our on-line relationship through the written word.  I don't offer judgment without reason and I don't take anything here too seriously.  I do, however, wish you well.     

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2008, 03:28:21 PM »

Well the conservative way of thinking is always to look down on those who are struggling. It's bad enough people here look down on me for my personal life problems now they look down on me because I'm unemployed.

That is an interesting take on the conservative way of thinking.  Once again, that is not my life experience.  I have been a conservative my entire life and I find my sort to be the most compassionate and trustworthy individuals you will ever want to meet.  Maybe you are confusing the "struggling" with the "worthless".  As long as someone is struggling, one can not be without worth.

I, personally, don't know anything about your personal life other than you were once married and now you are not.  I don't desire to know anymore unless you think it is important that I do. I take you at face value as we conduct our on-line relationship through the written word.  I don't offer judgment without reason and I don't take anything here too seriously.  I do, however, wish you well.     

Look I apologize for being snarky just ignore what i said.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2008, 03:40:57 PM »

Look I apologize for being snarky just ignore what i said.

Gladly, as you wish, my friend. 

Offline Lauri

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »
----snip---

---snip---

does Alleycat ever wonder why Clinton did that whole outsourcing of jobs thingie way back when?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »
Democratic leaders said that to speed the economic rescue package they would mostly bypass the usual committee process. Lawmakers said that they hoped the plan could be approved by mid-February and that it would be sufficient to soften an economic downturn and forestall a recession.

I remember the last time the government sent out checks to the taxpayers.  The Democrats accused President Bush of trying to buy votes for the election.  Now, when they're in charge, it's suddenly a good thing.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »
Democratic leaders said that to speed the economic rescue package they would mostly bypass the usual committee process. Lawmakers said that they hoped the plan could be approved by mid-February and that it would be sufficient to soften an economic downturn and forestall a recession.

I remember the last time the government sent out checks to the taxpayers.  The Democrats accused President Bush of trying to buy votes for the election.  Now, when they're in charge, it's suddenly a good thing.

I think that both parties are trying to garner some votes.....at this time in the election process, it would be political suicide to oppose this proposal.  No one wants to go on record as opposing checks to the great unwashed.....just more "bread and circuses"

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2008, 03:44:05 PM »

What do you do for a living?