Author Topic: A Compton couple fixed neighborhood potholes. The city has ordered them to stop  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218822939

ripcord
6 hrs ago
A Compton couple fixed neighborhood potholes. The city has ordered them to stop

With a newly installed tire, the couple drove to Home Depot, bought $400 worth of supplies and repaired not only the pothole in front of their home but four others on the street.

Several neighbors, appreciating the couple’s work, requested their services. But the city of Compton was not happy.

The city issued a cease-and-desist letter dated March 14, demanding that the couple stop “unauthorized repairs to public roadways.”

“Your actions have raised serious concerns as they [pose] a threat to public safety and the integrity of our city’s infrastructure. It is imperative that all maintenance and repair work on public roadways be conducted in accordance with established regulations and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of our residents and visitors,” the letter states.

According to the cease-and-desist letter, the couple could face fines, penalties and “potential liability for damages” for their work. But the threat hasn’t stopped them; Daisy said they’re filling holes between deliveries or after work, thanks to support from their community.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-03-29/a-compton-couple-started-fixing-neighborhood-potholes-the-city-has-ordered-them-to-stop

And that is what you get for trying to help.

There’s a poster over there tearing up California and the DUmmies aren’t having it!  TexasDem is touching the third rail and it’s hilarious.

I’m on my phone so I’m not bringing anything else over but you need to see this.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
ripcord
6 hrs ago
A Compton couple fixed neighborhood potholes. The city has ordered them to stop

With a newly installed tire, the couple drove to Home Depot, bought $400 worth of supplies and repaired not only the pothole in front of their home but four others on the street.

Several neighbors, appreciating the couple’s work, requested their services. But the city of Compton was not happy.

The city issued a cease-and-desist letter dated March 14, demanding that the couple stop “unauthorized repairs to public roadways.”

“Your actions have raised serious concerns as they [pose] a threat to public safety and the integrity of our city’s infrastructure. It is imperative that all maintenance and repair work on public roadways be conducted in accordance with established regulations and procedures to ensure the local Unions are fairly compensated by our residents and visitors,” the letter states.

According to the cease-and-desist letter, the couple could face fines, penalties and “potential liability for damages” for their work. But the threat hasn’t stopped them; Daisy said they’re filling holes between deliveries or after work, thanks to support from their community.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-03-29/a-compton-couple-started-fixing-neighborhood-potholes-the-city-has-ordered-them-to-stop

And that is what you get for trying to help.

Fixed for them.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Old n Grumpy

I would love to see a DU convention, where all the intelligent, kindhearted, caring, sharing, and preservers of our democracy. I’m sure it would start out well but within 30 minutes they would the arguing at each other’s throats and beating each other with chairs to death.
It would be a bloodbath I tell you! :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

Did any DU-member "get" what two huge sins the couple committed?

1. They made very public the city's failure to provide a basic service.

2. They dared to violate the city's monopoly on providing that basic service.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

Were any of those potholes in the  bike lane?

I suspect the city would have a different reaction to this situation if they were.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer