Author Topic: My company just announced a vaccine mandate  (Read 589 times)

Offline CC27

My company just announced a vaccine mandate
« on: October 15, 2021, 01:54:06 PM »
Johnny2X2X (11,842 posts)

December 8th is the date you must be vaccinated to continue employment here. We have 56,000 US employees.

I work for an Engineering firm, lots of really smart people. I am in aerospace, some of the leading minds in the industry share my office. I know of a couple who are going to quit over this. Propaganda works on smart people too. Always has. Smart, analytical people can be fooled into letting their emotions dictate their course of action too.

I am relieved to see this, but it's just sad to me that good people will be quitting over something like this, this should not be something that is even controversial.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215953207

Smart, analytical people can be fooled into letting their emotions dictate their course of action too.  :rotf: Sounds like DUmmies - the smart part.

Offline 67 Rover

Re: My company just announced a vaccine mandate
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 02:34:02 PM »
Johnny2X2X (11,842 posts)

December 8th is the date you must be vaccinated to continue employment here. We have 56,000 US employees.

I work for an Engineering firm, lots of really smart people. I am in aerospace, some of the leading minds in the industry share my office. I know of a couple who are going to quit over this. Propaganda works on smart people too. Always has. Smart, analytical people can be fooled into letting their emotions dictate their course of action too.

Do they need a vaccination card? Just asking. :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 02:44:48 PM »
Smart, analytical people can be fooled into letting their emotions dictate their course of action too.  :rotf: Sounds like DUmmies - the smart part.

The reason we are witnessing this is because come Dec 8th, those "couple that are going to quit" won't do it.
Nowhere near enough people are willing to make the stand. When it comes down to the moment, almost all cave in and comply.
I mean really, FFS... I went to the dentist today and had to wear a F*&^% mask when i walked from the desk to the chair... at the DENTIST.
This shi* is out of hand, the stupid has prevailed. When they asked me when I wanted my next appointment, I told them to call me when they stopped the mask thing.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 03:09:45 PM »

People who deliver coffee to those smart analytical people even moreso.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 04:05:52 PM »
The reason we are witnessing this is because come Dec 8th, those "couple that are going to quit" won't do it.
Nowhere near enough people are willing to make the stand. When it comes down to the moment, almost all cave in and comply.
I mean really, FFS... I went to the dentist today and had to wear a F*&^% mask when i walked from the desk to the chair... at the DENTIST.
This shi* is out of hand, the stupid has prevailed. When they asked me when I wanted my next appointment, I told them to call me when they stopped the mask thing.

I had to get a covid test on Wednesday for a minor medical procedure I had today.  Kaiser has  drive thru stay in your car testing. 

When I pulled up to the test station one of the workers took my paper work and asked if I had a mask.  I replied that I did. After a minute she came back and told me a tester would be by to test me shortly and again asked if I has a mask.  I said yes and she asked me to put it on.  Remember. Thus is a drive thru test site and I'm in my truck.  I started putting on my mask when the tester arrived at my driver's window and told me to take off the mask I was in the process of putting on so she can swab my throat and nose.  After the swabbing  was complaining was free to go. 

This mask shit is getting ridiculous
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 04:20:33 PM »
As to leaving due to vaccination requirements, I know me, my boss, and another upper management employee will leave.

My boss told his boss IF our company comes out with mandatory vaccines, they’ll lose 100% of us. We’re all project managers in the oil and gas business. It would shut down our Texas operations. I don’t know about our Louisiana compatriots because I don’t talk to them much. I know a couple in our estimating department that would leave.

I’m blessed in that my wife and I have worked for years to be debt free and have made some good investments. Other than insurance, we can retire immediately and be very comfortable. I can get insurance via other means if I have to.

No one will force me to vaccinate.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 08:53:09 PM »
I wear a mask at work, it's mandatory.  The masks don't do a damn bit of good but they are mandatory, so I wear one.  Management only seems to care that people are wearing the mask somewhere on their face.  Most people--over half, I'd guess--leave their nose hanging outside of the mask.  Many people pop out the pleats on the masks to facilitate breathing without fogging up their safety glasses.  The mask won't stop a virus but maybe it has saved me from sucking flies into my mouth.  I already wear safety glasses, a hard hat, hearing protection, and safety toe boots.  One more thing isn't going to kill me--even though that thing isn't doing a damn bit of good.  I took the vaccine.  I figured if I got vaccinated all the hassles would end and life would be allowed to return to normal.  I was wrong.  It made me sick for a weekend but the vaccine didn't kill me.  I'm 62 and so I could retire if things get intolerable but I like working.  I miss President Trump.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 11:48:20 AM »
I count at least 7 lies in the OP.

Also smart people won't quit. They will wait to be fired as there is no federal mandate just the creepy old pedo saying there is one. Those quitting will have less recourse than those fired. Those fired will have large separation packages. When leaving and later on from lawsuits.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 05:59:42 PM »
Do they need a vaccination card? Just asking. :-)

I'll take it if he turns down your offer!