Author Topic: World Net Daily: Do you consider it a reputable News Site?  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
World Net Daily: Do you consider it a reputable News Site?
« on: June 25, 2008, 06:47:01 PM »
As the title says...

Do you personally consider World Net Daily; an honest, credible, and reputable news source?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Re: World Net Daily: Do you consider it a reputable News Site?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 07:04:45 PM »
As the title says...

Do you personally consider World Net Daily; an honest, credible, and reputable news source?

As opposed to...

...The New York Times or DNCTV?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 07:12:27 PM »
A news organization is only as credible as the stories they print, which puts WND somewhere above CBS and the New York Times.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 07:16:51 PM »
WND slants their stories, but no more than the MSM.  They're certainly more truthful than places like Huffington.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 07:20:03 PM »
A news organization is only as credible as the stories they print, which puts WND somewhere above CBS and the New York Times.

Now for the real quandry:

If CBS or the New York Times ran a story they cut wholecloth from WND, what is the story's credibility factor now?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 07:23:28 PM »
No and hell no.   

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »

no, personally, I don't.  if I see something from WND that I think is worth posting in BN, I always track down the same story posted on a more mainstream news source.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 08:42:35 PM »
WND is basically a link aggregate. They do have some WND originating stories tossed in for flavor,most them are opion peices more so than news.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 10:19:33 PM »

Now for the real quandry:

If CBS or the New York Times ran a story they cut wholecloth from WND, what is the story's credibility factor now?
:rotf: :rotf:  Who died and made a sane person editor??

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 10:22:03 PM »
Sadly, No.

They jump to conclusions first, then try to backstop the results.

But this is a great example of Conservative vs. liberal.  We are vbeholding to the truth, no matter wgere that takes us.  The left is beholding to only those truths that support their agenda.

Offline Jim

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 10:27:42 PM »
I find them a little like Reuters in that they will run with a story a little before they ought and with insufficient vetting.  Sometimes that gets you a home run, sometimes that gets you a strike out.

All in all you, weight any source by their track record.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 09:12:51 AM »
It's about as reliable as Wikipedia, and for similar reasons.  So, no.  It's useful, but not presumptively credible, and not reliable.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 11:14:32 AM »
As the title says...

The manner I use to judge a news organization's credibility is to find other sources of the same story, consider the news source's history of reporting the news and my own judgment.
I have found WND to be responsible although a little "THE SKY IS FALLING" temperamental sometimes. With that said, I find them MORE credible than most news sources.

Joseph Farah is a good moral man and I trust him. As an aside, they have been kicked out of the White House and uninvited from several press conferences there from both the Clinton and Bush administrations.

One of the main news web sites you should be reading faithfully is WND. They do a great job of exposing the awful queer, public education, and liberal agendas.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄