Author Topic: Arizona Wildfires  (Read 341 times)

Offline CG6468

Arizona Wildfires
« on: July 02, 2013, 12:26:47 PM »
Email from my cousin, who lives in Prescott. She references her son and daughter in law, who're county cops.

At the moment we are okay.. It was pretty tense when the Docie Fire came over Granite Mountain on our side two weeks ago but these same firefighters who died in Yarnell were part of the team that kept everyone safe... Last night we could see more fire on Granite Mountain so  a concern again for this side of the mountain if it takes off in this wind toward fresh fuel.. We did have the DC 10 for awhile that put lots of slurry down so hopefully there is a good boarder to stop it.

The Yarnell Hill fire is still out of control... Our son Mike was there evacuating people and Jim was down near Peeples Valley working a road block.. Jim is with Search and Rescue so they help with the road blocks.. Jim will probably be down there again Wed night.  Jen goes down tonight and Mike again for the 3rd night.

There is a big fire in Kingman now and I heard on Mt Lemon in Tucson... There are some other fires down south... Everything is so dry you just don't know where another fire may start with the lightening. We are expecting storms daily now with the monsoon.

We were packed with important papers and photo's during the Docie Fire and may have to consider putting everything in a pile somewhere ready to load again with the bad conditions around here. I tell you,, it is certainly nerve wracking...

We are all fine right now... Sure don't like Mike being around the smoke though with his asthma.
/quote]
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town