Current Events > Politics

Swearing in: 'Barack Hussein Obama'

(1/1)

Crazy Horse:

--- Quote ---Swearing in: 'Barack Hussein Obama'
By MIKE ALLEN | 12/10/08 5:22 AM EST     

President-elect Barack Obama says he plans to use all three of his names when he takes the oath of office in January, giving voice to a name that was was rarely used during the campaign except by critics.

In his first post-election newspaper interview, with reporters from the Chicago Tribune and Los Angeles Times, Obama was asked: “Do you anticipate being sworn in as Barack Obama or Barack Hussein Obama?"

He replied: “I think the tradition is that they use all three names, and I will follow the tradition, not trying to make a statement one way or the other. I'll do what everybody else does.”

In fact, all presidents have not used their middle names when taking the oath of office. Jimmy Carter famously went as “Jimmy Carter.” Ronald Wilson Reagan took the oath as simply “Ronald Reagan.”
--- End quote ---

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16406.html

:thatsright: FFS

You see you DUMBASS ****ING RINO POS ARIZONA MUTHA......................McLame this is why you failed, reason 2,022,254,544,000

Atomic Lib Smasher:
Yeah, I think during the 1948 elections they swore in Harry Il-Jung Truman. Wait.... they wouldn't have elected a president who shares the name of our enemy during that time. My bad.

Chris_:

--- Quote from: Atomic Lib Smasher on December 10, 2008, 12:17:29 PM ---Yeah, I think during the 1948 elections they swore in Harry Il-Jung Truman. Wait.... they wouldn't have elected a president who shares the name of our enemy during that time. My bad.

--- End quote ---

They very well could have sworn in Harry "Il-Jung" Truman just as easily:  the "S" didn't stand for anything.

thundley4:
So he is going to use his full name?  Barack Hussein Obama-binLaden?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version