Author Topic: Nissan Forum Concept minivan  (Read 2779 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Nissan Forum Concept minivan
« on: April 05, 2008, 07:10:35 PM »
I saw this concept at the car show today.  It was very cool.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-forum-concept.html

Nissan FORUM Concept

Nissan revealed its FORUM Concept at the Detroit auto show, following a preview in December. Intended to showcase Nissan's advanced minivan design study, the FORUM features "an advanced Bose Media System with proximity sensor-based information controller, a one-button audio muting system, 2nd and 3rd row monitoring cameras, and individual seat-mounted speakers for every row."

The interior of the FORUM will be very similar to the recently unveiled Nissan Intima Concept. The FORUM features trackless sliding doors and no B-pillars, aiding in entry and exit. The Forum was penned at Nissan Design America.

Like we reported last month, the FORUM will feature swiveling second row seats — as shown in the latest sketch — similar to those found on Chrysler's minivans. However, Nissan's version swivels the entire second row bench at either 90 degrees — to make getting into the third row easier — or 180 degrees to face the third row bench.

While the FORUM doesn't actually have a powerplant between its front fenders, Nissan says a clean diesel would be the engine of choice — the same powerplant that will be used in the U.S.-bound 2010 or 2011 Nissan Maxima diesel.

Very cool.  Here's some pics, more at the link

Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Nissan Forum Concept minivan
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 07:14:57 PM »

yikes.  the glass roof would be murder in the south during the summer.  well, I suppose it would be murder anywhere in the summer.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 07:35:15 PM »

yikes.  the glass roof would be murder in the south during the summer.  well, I suppose it would be murder anywhere in the summer.

I'd think so too.  I have to be sure to close the shade on my sun roof.  I'd hope they'd have some type of shade for it.

It was very futurist looking.  The swivel seats were very cool.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »

I'd think so too.  I have to be sure to close the shade on my sun roof.  I'd hope they'd have some type of shade for it.

leather seats are already murder in the summer, especially if you are wearing shorts.  that glass rook would just make it worse.  and what happens if that sucker rolls?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 07:50:47 PM »
^Then you would be like pheasant under glass :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 08:06:13 PM »
^Then you would be like pheasant under glass :-)

WE in a microwave? :-)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 08:08:58 PM »

leather seats are already murder in the summer, especially if you are wearing shorts.  that glass rook would just make it worse.  and what happens if that sucker rolls?

Alas I know this.  I think I burned my inner thighs once in a bf's BMW. 

I have the fake leather in the Beetle.  With it's huge windshield, I have to be sure to use the sun shield in the summer and always close my sunroof shade.
Stink Eye

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 08:19:09 PM »
You would need covered parking for sure!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 08:40:41 PM »

Alas I know this.  I think I burned my inner thighs once in a bf's BMW. 

I have the fake leather in the Beetle.  With it's huge windshield, I have to be sure to use the sun shield in the summer and always close my sunroof shade.

you are sitting wrong, baby. :-)