Author Topic: CBO Report and the $15 Minimum Wage  (Read 756 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
CBO Report and the $15 Minimum Wage
« on: February 08, 2021, 06:36:10 PM »
I wonder if any DUmmie will be brave enough to link to the new CBO Report that just came out about the $15 minimum wage.

Summary; 900,000 would be lifted out of poverty!  Yay!!  1,400,000 would lose their jobs!  Yay!! Oh, wait.

Sure hope one of them links to it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: CBO Report and the $15 Minimum Wage
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 06:47:25 PM »
I wonder if any DUmmie will be brave enough to link to the new CBO Report that just came out about the $15 minimum wage.

Summary; 900,000 would be lifted out of poverty!  Yay!!  1,400,000 would lose their jobs!  Yay!! Oh, wait.

KC

They don't understand math, facts or logic so it probably is far over their heads to even comprehend.  It is all about feeling better about correcting injustices of evil America.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 07:13:51 PM »

And everybody currently making approximately twice the current minimum wage will suddenly find themselves earning the same as an unskilled burger flipper.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 07:19:12 PM »
And everybody currently making approximately twice the current minimum wage will suddenly find themselves earning the same as an unskilled burger flipper.
...and paying double what they  paid for that flipped burger when President Trump was in office.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 07:31:39 PM »

KC

That's AOC's kind of math, I'm sure she heartily approves of increasing the wage to $15.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 12:33:10 PM »
They don't understand math, facts or logic so it probably is far over their heads to even comprehend.  It is all about feeling better about correcting injustices of evil America.

The only thing they understand is "buying" votes.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 03:43:24 PM »

KC

I believe 1 million plus would lose their jobs, but I do not believe 900K would be lifted out of poverty. Due to inflation many of them would still live in poverty, because the Democrats would also raise the poverty limits upwards.

Many middle class people in other countries would love to live "in poverty" in the US.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 03:56:05 PM »
I believe 1 million plus would lose their jobs, but I do not believe 900K would be lifted out of poverty. Due to inflation many of them would still live in poverty, because the Democrats would also raise the poverty limits upwards.

Many middle class people in other countries would love to live "in poverty" in the US.

You're absolutely correct.  Once the cost caught up to the inflated wages, those making $15/hour would be crying again about how they need a raise.

I'd really like to have a real study done about how many people, with age brackets and percentages, stay in a minimum wage job.  AND I'd like the study to show why those people choose to stay in minimum wage jobs.  Some people simply choose to do so because they like the freedom it offers them.  When they clock out, they're done and they aren't on call. 

Some do it because they like the field their in and realize it's never going to pay a lot of money, but they enjoy what they're doing.  Choices ... we all make them.  I make a rather healthy living, but I've heard my son talk about the time he lost with me growing up, many times.  It was a choice I made.  The vacations he's been taken on growing up vs the ones most of his friends took were vastly different.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 04:19:09 PM »

You're absolutely correct.  Once the cost caught up to the inflated wages, those making $15/hour would be crying again about how they need a raise.

I'd really like to have a real study done about how many people, with age brackets and percentages, stay in a minimum wage job.  AND I'd like the study to show why those people choose to stay in minimum wage jobs.  Some people simply choose to do so because they like the freedom it offers them.  When they clock out, they're done and they aren't on call. 

Some do it because they like the field their in and realize it's never going to pay a lot of money, but they enjoy what they're doing.  Choices ... we all make them.  I make a rather healthy living, but I've heard my son talk about the time he lost with me growing up, many times.  It was a choice I made.  The vacations he's been taken on growing up vs the ones most of his friends took were vastly different.

KC

Fast food used to be for high school kids and entry level workers. Occasionally, a wife might take the job for extra spending money.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 02:26:13 PM »
It will make the cost of everything absolutely skyrocket.  The $15 will be utterly wiped away by that and the increased SS taxes.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 03:20:16 PM »
to put it in terms that morons like aoc and her cult members who vote for her can understand, a mandatory bump getting them up to $15.00/hour doesn't get them that any closer to buying that dream Escalade they've had their eyes on ever since rap "artists" made them their favorite mode of transportation.   No, the market will respond to their higher labor costs by increasing the costs of goods sold so that Escalade people think they will soon be able to afford (on credit) will  now be just as much out of reach as it is today with their lower pay rates. 

They fail to understand that the only thing that will get them within reach of their dream Escalade rap mobile is upgrading their work skills and habits and climbing up the ladder out of the minimum wage sewer they thrive in.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020