Author Topic: Why AtA is such a good forum  (Read 1180 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Why AtA is such a good forum
« on: November 12, 2010, 07:36:57 PM »
Quote from:
NanceGreggs 

I was only a few hours ago "alerted" (you'll pardon the pun), to the fact that DU's "alert" criteria has been changed.

The previous "alert menu" option "Divisive anti-Democratic rhetoric", with all of it's subcategories, has been removed, while the statement that "We permit any substantive criticism of President Obama and Democrats -- even harsh criticism that may not seem constructive -- provided it comes from a liberal perspective," has been added.

I believe most members would agree this represents a substantive and far-reaching change to DU's previous rules.

In view of the aforementioned, I am wondering why the Admins have not made some sort of announcement about changes that reflect a considerable shift in DU's attitude towards what is admissible posting fare and what is not, and the fact that what was "alertable" yesterday is now deemed perfectly acceptable.

I find it somewhat curious - not to mention perplexing - that this change has been left to be hopefully "noticed" by those using the Alert feature, if and when they do so, rather than being directly pointed out by the Admins to DU's membership-at-large.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=437x743

Not surprising that Nance the drunk is upset that primitives are mildly saying things about Dear Leader that aren't 100% as she would have it.

Then we get the slapdown.

Quote from:
Skinner ADMIN

We will be posting a thread to discuss this in the next few days. We had a moderator switch yesterday, and our priority right now is getting all the moderators on the same page.

We will probably be fine-tuning that rule, based on real-world experience, over the next few days. So it's not completely set in stone. But the results of the member survey made clear that members wanted some limits on criticism of Democrats, but they did not want those limits to be overly strict, and they did not think it was necessary that all criticism be "constructive" in nature.

We believe that Democratic Underground should be open to a robust exchange of opinions representing the wide spectrum of Democratic and progressive opinion. Criticisms or defenses of Democrats that appear all over the liberal blogosphere should appear here.

ATTENTION PRIMITIVES:  Don't fall for it.  It's a trap.

You've been warned.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

Re: Why AtA is such a good forum
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 07:56:13 PM »
The weekly chocolate ration has been increased from thirty grams to twenty-five.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
members wanted some limits on criticism of Democrats

Doubleplusgood.

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 12:30:16 PM »
It kind of makes one wonder who Nance was going to alert on and why. 

As a side note, Nance is one ugly woman. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 12:45:31 PM »
As a side note, Nance is one ugly woman.

Oh my yes.  She's no eye candy.

And a floozy drunkard too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 01:07:45 PM »
I have to say that I'm fairly proud of our forum and its members because we DO allow "Liberals" to post here. Sometimes they last, sometimes they don't. Usually, it's the ones that cannot carry a debate any further than the Liberal talking points that don't survive.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 07:40:30 AM »
a world-class bitch, this old crone circles the DU campfires, eyes narrowed to suspicious, predatory slits, looking to pound on the alert button to any suspicious post, including "K&R" by a mere nooby.  No man will touch her with a mile-long pole, thus she flies the rainbow flag in her avatar. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 07:42:53 AM »
a world-class bitch, this old crone circles the DU campfires, eyes narrowed to suspicious, predatory slits, looking to pound on the alert button to any suspicious post, including "K&R" by a mere nooby.  No man will touch her with a mile-long pole, thus she flies the rainbow flag in her avatar. 

Have you ever seen her husband, the "Jeff-something" primitive?

I forget which "Jeff" he is, but he's one of them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 09:26:32 AM »
You should check out the NJMaverick thread for a good laugh about SandandSea.

He got the tombstone for that exchange.

Kind of like standing up in the middle of the cultural revolution and being angry at MAO for not cleansing the society fast enough.

The party is kind of coming apart at the seams right now, which isn't a bad thing.  Hopefully we can get rid of some of the dumb D.C. beltway liberals and replace them with some that have a more economic based objective.

I'm also waiting to see if the conservatives take Ben Bernake to the woodshed over printing money.

Oh and if you ever want to have a good laugh about Nance search the DU arguments for her "I'm not an apologist" thread a ways back.

Nance didn't seem to get that people were calling her someone who defends something in writing.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 09:42:15 AM »
You should check out the NJMaverick thread for a good laugh about SandandSea.

He got the tombstone for that exchange.

Kind of like standing up in the middle of the cultural revolution and being angry at MAO for not cleansing the society fast enough.

The party is kind of coming apart at the seams right now, which isn't a bad thing.  Hopefully we can get rid of some of the dumb D.C. beltway liberals and replace them with some that have a more economic based objective.

I'm also waiting to see if the conservatives take Ben Bernake to the woodshed over printing money.

Oh and if you ever want to have a good laugh about Nance search the DU arguments for her "I'm not an apologist" thread a ways back.

Nance didn't seem to get that people were calling her someone who defends something in writing.

Hey Jake, welcome back!  :-)

Any chance you could post a link to that? I've never had much luck using search functions on forums.  :banghead:

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »
I lost my searching privileges with my account so I can't get the Nance post.

However the NJMaverick thread where he earns his banning is right here.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=437x661
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 02:27:26 PM »
Drunken NanceGreggs primitive won't apologize for not knowing meaning of a word

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,38572.msg415766/highlight,nance+apologist.html#msg415766

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 02:52:04 PM »

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 02:57:53 PM »
I have to say that I'm fairly proud of our forum and its members because we DO allow "Liberals" to post here. Sometimes they last, sometimes they don't. Usually, it's the ones that cannot carry a debate any further than the Liberal talking points that don't survive.

Bitchslapped for kissing your own ass.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 03:02:52 PM »

:lmao:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 03:23:26 PM »

Wouldn't that require a whole lotta flexibility?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 07:10:15 PM »
Jake, I loved the apologist Nance thread. I noticed you and others tried to inform her on the definition of apologist, and how she made it worse by not owning up to it. That was comedy gold!  I was lurking on OET and I copied the pic of Nance that someone photoshopped there (Twighlight Zone I think). 

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 07:36:04 PM »
Jake, I loved the apologist Nance thread. I noticed you and others tried to inform her on the definition of apologist, and how she made it worse by not owning up to it. That was comedy gold!  I was lurking on OET and I copied the pic of Nance that someone photoshopped there (Twighlight Zone I think). 

Nance has gone crazy without bash George W. Bush posts.  With anything Nance writes, you must remember she is an ex-pat who has lived in Canada for years.