Author Topic: It's cool whip time  (Read 6508 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: It's cool whip time
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 08:46:11 PM »
Only linda#s deserved a cooterbone kick..your safe...back to the whispering on facebook :lmao:

OMG!  Hi 5!  Go see Splashdown's telemarketer post in the Lounge, and you will understand.

God Bless All Y'all!!!!

:rofl:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »
OMG!  Hi 5!  Go see Splashdown's telemarketer post in the Lounge, and you will understand.

God Bless All Y'all!!!!

:rofl:

I am...going :cheersmate:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 04:15:34 PM »
Why not use REAL whipped cream instead of something that's one step away from plastic? It's really NOT that difficult to make real whipped cream. Whipping cream, confectioner's sugar & maybe a little vanilla. Beat until it reaches desired consistency.

http://www.organicauthority.com/health/skip-the-cool-whip-you-dont-want-to-know-what-its-made-of.html

http://www.jonathanfields.com/blog/horrifying-12-day-cool-whip-experiment/

Linda numbers, is that you?

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 03:18:30 AM »
Powdered coffee creamer is combustible.  Got kicked out of a truck stop outside of Jackson, MS proving that.  I SAY cool whip to mean whipped cream.  Snobbery or not, it is cheaper, and better to just buy your own dang whipping cream yourself.  Plus it tastes better.  It's kinda like how we say coke, when we mean soda.  Same diff. 

Yes Karin, the recipe is just as good with blueberry, or peach.  Peach is really good.   :-)

I can make whipped cream in under five mins and it tastes BETTERER than that hydrogenated oil faux whipped cream wanna-be.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 05:58:33 AM »
Linda numbers, is that you?

Based on the latest post, you throw in the snubbing of an elderly woman's side dish and the answer is yes.

Offline debk

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 11:24:18 AM »
If I'm doing a topping on a dessert...I want real whipped cream. However, often times mixed into something else, Cool Whip holds up better.

I've been making a trifle-like dessert this summer. The recipe might be in here somewhere, if not and you want it, let me know and I'll write it up as I kind of made it up from a couple of others. Using CW just holds together better, as it has to set for 8-12 hours before cutting into and we've kept it for 5 days and it's still the same.

I also use it in a frozen dessert that's really good if you like mint, even though it sounds weird. I've had it for over 30 years and everytime I've made it, people really like it. When the kids were little, it was always the "salad" for Christmas dinner.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2012, 11:25:54 AM »
If I'm doing a topping on a dessert...I want real whipped cream. However, often times mixed into something else, Cool Whip holds up better.

I've been making a trifle-like dessert this summer. The recipe might be in here somewhere, if not and you want it, let me know and I'll write it up as I kind of made it up from a couple of others. Using CW just holds together better, as it has to set for 8-12 hours before cutting into and we've kept it for 5 days and it's still the same.

I also use it in a frozen dessert that's really good if you like mint, even though it sounds weird. I've had it for over 30 years and everytime I've made it, people really like it. When the kids were little, it was always the "salad" for Christmas dinner.

I would love your recipes!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »
I've had it for over 30 years and everytime I've made it, people really like it. When the kids were little, it was always the "salad" for Christmas dinner.

Oh, that might be the same one my grandmother used to make.  Good stuff!