Author Topic: This is why you're fat  (Read 7330 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
This is why you're fat
« on: February 10, 2009, 08:13:45 PM »
Okay the double bacon hamburger fatty melt looks good.  :-)

And be sure to click through until you get to the "meat ship".  :lmao:

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:16:31 PM by DixieBelle »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: This is why you're fat
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 08:19:45 PM »
:rofl:

The Garbage Plate

A combination of either cheeseburger, hamburger, Italian sausages, steak, chicken, white or red hots, a grilled cheese sandwich, fried fish, or eggs, served on top of one or two of the following: home fries, fries, beans, and mac salad. The plate is adorned with optional mustard, onions or hot sauce.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:55:14 PM »
The hot dog encased in french fries looks sorta tasty.  I do the same thing when I eat at Burger King... I can never finish all the fries, so I dump them in my Whopper.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 09:18:20 PM »
OK, lets make this clear:

Other than glaze and pineapple on ham, sweet should not touch salty.

Bacon and chicken -- OK.  Bacon and maple syrup -- toss your cookies city.  The sandwich with powdered sugar is wrong.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 09:26:08 PM »
  The sandwich with powdered sugar is wrong.

You never had a Monte Cristo sandwhich?  Deepfried sandwhich with melted cheese, ham and turkey, served with fruit jam and powdered sugar.  It's a heart attack on a plate.  I usually indulge on my way back from a Georgia roadtrip, at a southern joint called Cheddars.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 09:27:03 PM »
You never had a Monte Cristo sandwhich?  Deepfried sandwhich with melted cheese, ham and turkey, served with fruit jam and powdered sugar.  It's a heart attack on a plate.  I usually indulge on my way back from a Georgia roadtrip, at a southern joint called Cheddars.

I love Monte Cristos but I always have them hold the powdered sugar.  If I wanted French Toast, I would order French Toast.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »
Bennigan's used to sell a Monte Cristo.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »
mmmm

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 09:37:56 PM »
Bennigan's used to sell a Monte Cristo.

I had one in Bennigan's, Fort Worth and it was this big, battered, burned piece of crap that I sent back.  I had the manager personally come to me and tell me it was their best-selling item.

It was unbelievable to me.  I am used to Monte Cristos being like lightly egged French Toast stuffed with Chicken, cheese and ham.

But to his credit he told me I was good to have anything on the menu for the same cost as the Monte Cristo.  I chose a steak in the nearby price range.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 09:42:24 PM »
Yeah, the food at Bennigan's is pretty lousy.  I remember everything there came from a bag, box, or can. 

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 10:08:45 PM »
yuck.

no I am fat because of Oscar Mayer, Mrs Bairds, Dr Pepper, Miracle Whip, Hershey's, Frito-Lay etc

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 10:17:39 PM »
yuck.

no I am fat because of Oscar Mayer, Mrs Bairds, Dr Pepper, Miracle Whip, Hershey's, Frito-Lay etc

That doesn't explain it.  I don't do any of that stuff (well, on Saturday I get a "junk food lunch"), I exercise 1/2 hour a day and, since I quit smoking I have NOT been able to shed the pounds.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 10:19:44 PM »
That doesn't explain it.  I don't do any of that stuff (well, on Saturday I get a "junk food lunch"), I exercise 1/2 hour a day and, since I quit smoking I have NOT been able to shed the pounds.

You spend your day behind a desk like I do?  I didn't start putting on weight until I got a desk job.  I exercise at least an hour a day.  Not sure if I've lost any weight, but I feel a little better.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 10:24:43 PM »
You spend your day behind a desk like I do?  I didn't start putting on weight until I got a desk job.  I exercise at least an hour a day.  Not sure if I've lost any weight, but I feel a little better.

I spend my day behind a keyboard.  The desk is usually irrelevant.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 10:29:02 PM »
Yeah, the food at Bennigan's is pretty lousy.  I remember everything there came from a bag, box, or can. 

Pretty much explains why I'll never go there or Applebee's, depending on which part of the country holds my suitcase.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 10:31:13 PM »
Pretty much explains why I'll never go there or Applebee's, depending on which part of the country holds my suitcase.

The Bennigan's I used to work at was boarded up and sold.  The Chili's next door was burned to the ground.

Good riddance.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 10:35:20 PM »
The Bennigan's I used to work at was boarded up and sold.  The Chili's next door was burned to the ground.

Good riddance.

To get rid of all the bad restaurants in downtown Fort Worth, they would have to burn down downtown Fort Worth.

So many restaurants, so awful quality.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 10:41:08 PM »
To get rid of all the bad restaurants in downtown Fort Worth, they would have to burn down downtown Fort Worth.

So many restaurants, so awful quality.

One of the girls at work asked if there were any good restuarants here.  There aren't.  The Melting Pot is "interesting", but I wouldn't call it good food... it's more like a long series of appetizers.  Amerigo's has a few very good dishes, but they were placed into recievership because the owners are being sued for fraud.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 10:42:54 PM »
One of the girls at work asked if there were any good restuarants here.  There aren't.  The Melting Pot is "interesting", but I wouldn't call it good food... it's more like a long series of appetizers.  Amerigo's has a few very good dishes, but they were placed into recievership because the owners are being sued for fraud.

See what happens when democrats dabble in business?

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 10:47:29 PM »
See what happens when democrats dabble in business?

I wouldn't neccessarily blame Demcorats.  The profit margin on selling food is about 5%... the money is in drink, liquor, and beer sales.  If your business model is based on a 5% return, quantity is preferable to quality.  All those places have the same beef, chicken, and pasta menus... I'm sure you've noticed. 

You still can't go wrong with a good ribeye, though. 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 11:11:09 PM »

Bennigan's served theirs with grape jelly and a side of fries.  I don't think I ever ate one. :p

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 03:10:18 PM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bXHPqj3NcI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bXHPqj3NcI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:tongue:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.