Author Topic: National Republican Club  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Firekrakka

National Republican Club
« on: April 22, 2013, 05:34:25 PM »
I was contacted by a reporter at the Arizona Republic so I told him I had some of dad's files for him to look through if he wished, since mom handed them all to me. I was going through them last night when I found these two letters from 1935 apparently signed by Roosevelt. Any relation to the President by any chance? I was hoping we had some historians here :)

Getting older is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: National Republican Club
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 05:40:21 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt died in the teens, but I know he had a son named Theodore, too. 

Isn't it ironic that you are asking about the relations of the person who sent that letter, who in the letter was asking about the recipient the same sort of question?  :lmao:

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 05:42:47 PM »
Also, I just stumbled on the fact that Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. was indeed President of the National Republican Club in 1935.  Neat letter.  :cheersmate:

Offline Firekrakka

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 05:50:24 PM »
Really? Thank you!!! And yes that is ironic!  :lmao:

Frankly the letters look they are about to fall apart. I am quite surprised they held after all these years. I'm even more surprised my mom kept them. I will have to see if I can find someone I trust to frame them.

Getting older is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »
Really? Thank you!!! And yes that is ironic!  :lmao:

Frankly the letters look they are about to fall apart. I am quite surprised they held after all these years. I'm even more surprised my mom kept them. I will have to see if I can find someone I trust to frame them.

If you plan on framing any of those, make sure you use acid-free paper and museum glass.  :)