Author Topic: Today's Bouncy!  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Karin

Today's Bouncy!
« on: January 05, 2010, 01:07:39 PM »

Trocadero  (658 posts)      Tue Jan-05-10 02:05 PM
Original message
I need to tell you all something
 I was driving around yesterday and I saw a local business - a white van - with an anti-Obama sticker on the back.

So I called the number on the van and said that I found that sign offensive and how did they expect to get business by alienating people who support Obama.

I am a woman, and this man on the phone immediately then SHOUTED at me OBAMA IS A COCKSUCKER and unleashed a whole stream of profanities. He was enraged. It was very scary even though I was just on the phone.

I just want you to know that if you think that dangerous demagogues on TV and Radio don't have an effect, you are wrong. Don't underestimate the hatred and raw anger on the other side. This is no bona fide difference of opinion. These people are scary scary scary. I'm scared of what they may do.

Was it scary or something, Trocadero?  No cops, no bushes, and no responses yet for the DUmmy's bouncy ball. 

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Re: Today's Bouncy!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 01:13:48 PM »
Ha!  I just saw this one too -- made me laugh out loud!  :lmao:

Sounds like someone's feeling insecure and needs some dummie pats on the back (or VIBES)
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 01:14:43 PM »
Several replies came up.  Several of them demanded to know the name of the company, the phone number, even the state.  Anything.   (This was most of the responses).  Crickets from the OP.  

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 01:17:56 PM »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 01:21:52 PM »
I believe non-government controlled/subsidized businesses have every right to display their political leanings but I refuse to support any of them, even those who lean my way.  I hate it when businesses get in my face with their political sh1t. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 01:22:48 PM »
Quote from:
ClassWarrior

3. Interesting to note that someone has unrecced this already.

Your tale demonstrates that some are scary and dangerous. But remember that not all of them are. Many just lack information.

NGU.

Quote from:
NJmaverick
Response to Reply #3

9. It's safe to assume there are freepers with DU accounts

unreccing anti-Republica and pro-Obama/Dem stories while reccing the anti-Obama/Dem and anything else that would help their right wingnut causes.

:rotf: :lmao: :mental: :rotf: :lmao: :loser:

Which only goes to show just how stupid you are, NJmaverick primitive.  If I were so inclined, I would rec this thread because it highlights just how willing you freaks are to lie while hoping it'll help your leftwing kook causes.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 01:26:14 PM »
Note to Class Warrior....the ONLY thing "scary and dangerous" is the fact taht you're gullible enough to believe a steaming pile of crap like that.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 01:28:25 PM »
ClassWarrior

3. Interesting to note that someone has unrecced this already.

Your tale demonstrates that some are scary and dangerous. But remember that not all of them are. Many just lack information.

Why is it whenever we conservatives disagree with the stupidity of the left, we "lack information" or require some kind of "sensitivity training" or "education"....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:30:15 PM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Specbid

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 01:33:14 PM »
I am a woman, and this man on the phone immediately then SHOUTED at me OBAMA IS A COCKSUCKER and unleashed a whole stream of profanities. He was enraged. It was very scary even though I was just on the phone.

Hahaha...maybe this will teach this DUmmie to keep her effin' mouth shut.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 01:35:32 PM »
Hahaha...maybe this will teach this DUmmie to keep her effin' mouth shut.

Exactly!

Don't start nothing, won't be nothing....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 01:40:50 PM »
Quote from:
Warpy

14. A complaint to the Better Business Bureau in your area is appropriate  

That was verbal assault and it needs to be documented. Businesses hate it when complaints show up. It can be done online.

If the guy is a flunky, you can bet he'll be an unemployed flunky. If he's the owner, you can bet he'll modify his behavior if he wants to stay in business.

Fight back.

The BBB?!?

:rotf: :rotf:

I'd love to hear that conversation.

BBB:  Hello.  We got a complaint that you shouted at a customer that Obama was cocksucker and we're following up on that.

Owner:  What crazy person told you that?

BBB: A woman who said she called to complain about a bumpersticker on your company van.

Owner:  No, that never happened.  Someone's playing a trick on you.

BBB:  We figured as much.  Sorry to take up your valuable time.  Thank You.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 01:46:01 PM »
Lint Head  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-05-10 02:11 PM
Response to Original message

5. This is a crime. Profanity on the phone can be considered
 assault. This has been proven and prosecuted successfully. I would report it.

:rotf:  The name fits !

pipi_k  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-05-10 02:24 PM
Response to Reply #5

19. Just wondering...
 Not that I'm sticking up for the guy who used profanity on the telephone, but when and where was using profanity on the telephone proven and successfully prosecuted?

And I'm talking about only profanity here...not threats.

Lint Head goes quiet.

That thread is hilarious !
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »
I believe non-government controlled/subsidized businesses have every right to display their political leanings but I refuse to support any of them, even those who lean my way.  I hate it when businesses get in my face with their political sh1t. 

ALmost all of the large corporations donate to liberal causes these days.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 02:06:38 PM »
Anouther VRWC white van sighting!  :evillaugh:  The OP forgot the bumper sticker that read "I eat kittens and drop kick puppies off the roof".

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 02:30:28 PM »
Anouther VRWC white van sighting!  :evillaugh:  The OP forgot the bumper sticker that read "I eat kittens and drop kick puppies off the roof".

She didn't see the other one:

"I was punching kittens when punching kittens wasn't cool."
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 02:45:36 PM »
Doh!   :thatsright:  Thanks, USA4Me. 

From the entertaining thread:

Goldstein1984  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-05-10 02:27 PM
 I've recently seen a few things done by the President that I like to think of as being in response to the many emails (5 or more per week) that I and many more like me submit to the White House.
   :lmao: :rotf:

and

Zywiec (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-05-10 02:58 PM
Response to Reply #3
40. Maybe because they don't believe the OP?
 No company name or number provided after many requests.

Like most of these "stories", it doesn't add up.

Zywiec (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-05-10 02:56 PM
Response to Reply #25
37. +1
 So there I was when this freeper said blah, blah, blah

Then I said....
followed by eyes rolling

and Crazy JoAnne may or may not be kidding:

Joanne98  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-05-10 03:11 PM
45. That's why we need to declare them terrorists and put them in FEMA death camps!

And we need to do this as soon as possible.

Before November!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »
Joanne98  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-05-10 03:11 PM
45. That's why we need to declare them terrorists and put them in FEMA death camps!

And we need to do this as soon as possible.

Before November!

Anytime it isn't just the pot talking Joanne, and you really are feeling froggy, you be sure to hop on over my way, kick down my door, and order me into the rail car headed to the FEMA camp.  Bring friends, bitch.  Bring the whole damned DUmp, if'n you can get 'em up off their lazy asses...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »
DUmmy Sapphocrat, who judging from the user name is a queer of some kind, no only believes the story, but adds links to a couple more whoppers:
Sapphocrat  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-05-10 04:32 PM
52. I certainly understand.
http://democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=221x153921#154036

http://news.lavenderliberal.com/2009/02/23/and-then-there-was-that-cross-carved-into-our-eucalyptus-tree/

This is followed by the best Adbot in ages, considering the thread changed into a discussion of queers by Sapphocrat and Doug's stupid ex-wife: Duluth Ballroom Jeans - "How To Crouch Without Singing Soprano".

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 05:26:41 PM »

I used to drive for a delivery company several years ago, it was a white box van....

I had a 2 bumper stickers on mine:

One said "Earth First:We'll Mine The Other Planets Later."
The other one said "Road Rage: Next 10 Miles."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 05:47:23 PM »
I would like to take this time to give a big THANK YOU to Trocadero. Finally a Bouncy that was somewhat entertaining. Yes, it was short and left out some of the basic Bouncy plot elements, but it still brought a smile to my face. That's what a Bouncy is supposed to do.

The DUmmies have, for the most part, lost their vision when it comes to fabricating good tales and just being entertaining in general. I didn't participate in the 2009 DUmmie of the Year voting simply because I felt the DUmmies put in sub-par performances last year. It was like they were all off of their game. Even WeeWillie the human insomnia cure and the female/male/human/cat seemed to be just phoning things in last year.

Sure greenbriar was somewhat entertaining and deserved to win, but she still could have done much better. She tends to hesitate a bit if she's ever called on her BS. She needs to be more like TiT. Take the student wanting greenbriar to be her slave master bouncy. If TiT had told the story as soon as any of the DUmmies questioned him he would have gotten even more forceful. Maybe like this: Listen here! Back in the day Dred Scott and I were hanging out, kicking back some brews and playing some tunes and even he told me that if I would have been his master he never would have tried to got free. It touched me. That's the whole reason that I went to Abe and told him that he was going to free those slaves and free them now because he's just the pres and I'm the second most decorated Power Ranger in the entire universe.

So again I say thank you Trocadero for trying to get back to basics and bring entertainment back to the Bouncy Tale. Just work on adding some of the other elements in such as converting fundies and bystanders cheering.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 05:50:52 PM »
I would like to take this time to give a big THANK YOU to Trocadero. Finally a Bouncy that was somewhat entertaining. Yes, it was short and left out some of the basic Bouncy plot elements, but it still brought a smile to my face. That's what a Bouncy is supposed to do.

The DUmmies have, for the most part, lost their vision when it comes to fabricating good tales and just being entertaining in general. I didn't participate in the 2009 DUmmie of the Year voting simply because I felt the DUmmies put in sub-par performances last year. It was like they were all off of their game. Even WeeWillie the human insomnia cure and the female/male/human/cat seemed to be just phoning things in last year.

Sure greenbriar was somewhat entertaining and deserved to win, but she still could have done much better. She tends to hesitate a bit if she's ever called on her BS. She needs to be more like TiT. Take the student wanting greenbriar to be her slave master bouncy. If TiT had told the story as soon as any of the DUmmies questioned him he would have gotten even more forceful. Maybe like this: Listen here! Back in the day Dred Scott and I were hanging out, kicking back some brews and playing some tunes and even he told me that if I would have been his master he never would have tried to got free. It touched me. That's the whole reason that I went to Abe and told him that he was going to free those slaves and free them now because he's just the pres and I'm the second most decorated Power Ranger in the entire universe.

So again I say thank you Trocadero for trying to get back to basics and bring entertainment back to the Bouncy Tale. Just work on adding some of the other elements in such as converting fundies and bystanders cheering.
You're right, of course, but TiT would have said "Listen here, Hot Rod......"

Offline vlad335

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 06:05:12 PM »
I miss TiT. Surely he has surfaced somewhere else.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 06:16:28 PM »
I miss TiT. Surely he has surfaced somewhere else.
Hopefully, after a few days, he surfaced in San Francisco Bay.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 07:04:17 AM »
Quote from:
proud2BlibKansan

57. I had a guy honk and come up beside me and roll down his window and yell

**** OBAMA AND **** YOU TOO!

I guess my Obama sticker offended him.

He had a Ron Paul sticker and an anti Obama sticker on his bumper.

I called 911.

Post this man's number and I'll call him too. We need to confront this hatred. It's repulsive.

Quote from:
dysfunctional press
Response to Reply #57

63. you called 911?

why?

what was the emergency?

do you call them when mcdonald's screws up your chicken mcnuggets order too...?

Offline Chump

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 08:52:27 AM »

Agreed.  If politics should be left off the dinner table at family gatherings then it sure as hell should be left out of your business.  Do what you want, but it seems stupid to advertise what nearly 1 out of 2 people disagrees with.

But, let's keep in mind that this never happened and the OP is a liar.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech