Author Topic: THREAT OF WAR Fears of all-out conflict in Ukraine  (Read 3581 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
THREAT OF WAR Fears of all-out conflict in Ukraine
« on: August 18, 2016, 09:35:58 AM »
The full title is below.

THREAT OF WAR Fears of all-out conflict in Ukraine as sabre-rattling Vladimir Putin places 40,000 troops and armoured vehicles along the border

The manoeuvres are part of what the Russian strongman sees as the fortification of a new front line with NATO

By COREY CHARLTON 

18th August 2016, 10:43 am

AS many as 40,000 Russian troops are massing on the country’s border with Ukraine – prompting fears of a new military invasion.

The Pentagon has identified eight staging areas dotted along the border, suggesting Russian strongman Vladimir Putin is preparing for new incursions.

Among the units deployed to the area are armoured vehicles, tanks and fighter jets.

Navy Captain Danny Hernandez told the Washington Free Beacon that the exercises were being closely monitored.

He said: “We are extremely concerned about the increasing tensions near the administrative boundary between Crimea and the rest of Ukraine.

The rest of this link:  https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1631749/fears-of-all-out-conflict-in-ukraine-as-sabre-rattling-vladimir-putin-places-40000-troops-and-armoured-vehicles-along-the-border/

Yes, 'interesting times' indeed . . . :whistling: :runaway:

I have heard that Vlad may use the Ukranian Independence Day as the date of invasion.  That's next Wednesday, August 24th.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:38:21 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: THREAT OF WAR Fears of all-out conflict in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 11:28:02 AM »
Don't worry.  obama is formulating his strategy from a golf course in Martha's Vinyard.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 11:35:33 AM »
Don't worry.  obama is formulating his strategy from a golf course in Martha's Vinyard.
Unfortunately, it's his strategy for the golf course.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 11:39:01 AM »
Barry is more focused on his accelerated destruction of America plan and otherwise ROAD. He and Vlad just ain't gonna connect.

And Vlad knows it.

Barry has done more to embolden our enemies than anyone in our history. He is America's Chamberlain.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 06:34:29 PM »
DEBKAfile is saying that the B61 free-fall nuclear weapons that are stored at Incirlik airbase are being evacuated to US bases in Romania.  Romania is a lot closer to Ukraine than Turkey is.  Plus, the Turks wanted the nukes at Incirlik, and this is the response.  If Turkey really wants them, they're going to have to take on NATO by themselves, or at least until the Russians stepped in.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

Chase her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 11:08:31 AM »
Don't hold your breath. Angela is the one who presided over the gutting of the German military 5 years ago. Whatever she adds back to the mix won't be a great deal, IMHO.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 12:13:28 PM »
The question is who would you rather have controlling Europe the Muslims or the Russians?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 01:08:56 PM »
The question is who would you rather have controlling Europe the Muslims or the Russians?

Given those two . . . Putin, definitely.

Chase her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 04:06:20 PM »
Given those two . . . Putin, definitely.

Yup. While Putin is essentially a hardline communist, he's not so wrapped up in dogma that he can't be approached. He and Hillary are exactly alike -- they're fundamentally after power and the money that goes along with that.

Offline ItsTeaTime

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 11:26:18 AM »
Putin needs to be stopped.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 09:02:03 AM »

Neither.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 09:29:39 AM »
Putin needs to be stopped.

OK, new guy. Defend your statement.

How?

Which country shall the US invade? Which Russian cities shall the US bomb?

Should the CIA assassinate Putin? Send infected hookers to Russia to give him AIDS? Contaminate his supply of tiger blood?

Or should our government complain to the United Nations, send a strongly worded letter, or start a Twitter campaign?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 09:57:31 AM »
OK, new guy. Defend your statement.

How?

Which country shall the US invade? Which Russian cities shall the US bomb?

Should the CIA assassinate Putin? Send infected hookers to Russia to give him AIDS? Contaminate his supply of tiger blood?

Or should our government complain to the United Nations, send a strongly worded letter, or start a Twitter campaign?

Not trying to speak for the n00b...but stopping Putin doesn't have to automatically equate to invading Russia or having him taken out with a CIA wet works team.

Putin is exploiting a weakness in the U.S. and it's foreign policy right now.  He sees us withdrawing forces in Europe cutting our military to pre WWII levels and he knows that the moves he's made so far...with the current Administration...won't be stopped.

He knows that any "red line" ultimatum we give about his aggressive moves in Eastern Europe are impotent.

If anything all we have done when he invaded the Crimea and the Ukraine was exactly what you're mocking the new guy about...we ran to the U.N. and cried.

He's got more troops and equipment massed around the Ukraine than we have in total in Europe.  And Obama is trying to make USAREUR even smaller before he leaves office.

All we have permanently stationed in Europe right now in the way of land fighting forces is a Cavalry Brigade and a Light Infantry Brigade.  That's it.

If we want to stop Putin and prevent him from acquiring any more of the former USSR than we already have...we need to put forces back in place in Europe that we've taken away.  Pre positioning equipment and rotating units in looks nice for the media and helps logistically when you need to train stateside soldiers over in Europe...but from a tactical standpoint Putin has us by the short hairs and he knows it.

If it were me...I'd put at least one division and a heave brigade permanently back either Germany or Poland.  Return the attack helicopter battalion to the Aviation Brigade in Germany and return at least two fighter wings to Europe...again in either Germany or Poland.  I'd also start having our Bomber groups return to rotating in to Europe for training like we used to do.

On the political side...I'd start offering the European countries that get there Natural Gas from Gazprom a better deal if they buy from the U.S.  Putin pays for his war machine from oil and gas profits.  He's got most of Eastern Europe living in fear of having their gas supplies cut off if the oppose him.  Lets take that bullet away from him.

Secondly I'd push...HARD to get the NATO countries to adhere to their obligation to put 2% of their GDP towards defense.  IIRC none of the countries outside of the U.S....except maybe England is even coming close to doing that.

That is how you stop Putin.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 11:23:03 AM »
Not trying to speak for the n00b

Well, you saved him the trouble of explaining his position.

Disregard, new guy.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 11:32:41 AM »
Well, you saved him the trouble of explaining his position.

Disregard, new guy.
He can still give his vision of how to stop him.

Hell for all you and I know he may be FOR invading Russia.

I...in my normal fashion jumped into the conversation feet first

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 12:14:37 PM »
He can still give his vision of how to stop him.

Hell for all you and I know he may be FOR invading Russia.

I...in my normal fashion jumped into the conversation feet first

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

I think the best way to stop Vladimir Putin from doing anything* is to give him a tiger and a box of condoms.

*except screwing tigers.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.