Author Topic: Lord Zero's Cairo Speech  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Lord Zero's Cairo Speech
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:35:26 PM »
Lotsa stuff out there on this.

Six thousand words - a long babble, and a huge load on TOTUS.

Daniel Pipes says it's same-o, same-o, not much to report. Except he points out that Lord Zero's "7 million Muslims" figure in the speech is right out of CAIR's playbook and that the real number is about 2 million.

I haven't yet seen stores that sell prayer rugs. Am I missing something?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Daisy

Re: Lord Zero's Cairo Speech
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »
Lotsa stuff out there on this.

Six thousand words - a long babble, and a huge load on TOTUS.

Daniel Pipes says it's same-o, same-o, not much to report. Except he points out that Lord Zero's "7 million Muslims" figure in the speech is right out of CAIR's playbook and that the real number is about 2 million.

I haven't yet seen stores that sell prayer rugs. Am I missing something?
Don't need stores with our slimy POTUS selling the old prayer rugs all over the world.
Israel is worried. Where are the buyers remorse protests of American Jews? That's what this American Jew wants to know.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 01:19:45 PM »
I heard about 20 minutes of it this morning, I would not say same-old, same-old as far as Israel is concerned.  He really seemed to be throwing them under the bus, explicitly on the settlements, Palestinian self-determination, internationalizaiton of Jerusalem, and tip-o'-the-hat to Palestinian political organizations, but also more subtly in his remarks on nuclear non-proliferation to the point of worldwide ban since the Muslim world is not nearly as oblivious as the American public is to the fact that Israel relies on a last-line-of-defense MAD capability as it's rock-bottom, last-resort insurance policy, and the Muslims believe absent the threat of annihilation they can eventually muster the conventional means to wipe out Israel.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:59:10 PM »
I heard about 20 minutes of it this morning, I would not say same-old, same-old as far as Israel is concerned.  He really seemed to be throwing them under the bus, explicitly on the settlements, Palestinian self-determination, internationalizaiton of Jerusalem, and tip-o'-the-hat to Palestinian political organizations, but also more subtly in his remarks on nuclear non-proliferation to the point of worldwide ban since the Muslim world is not nearly as oblivious as the American public is to the fact that Israel relies on a last-line-of-defense MAD capability as it's rock-bottom, last-resort insurance policy, and the Muslims believe absent the threat of annihilation they can eventually muster the conventional means to wipe out Israel.
Exactly right. This Muslim in Christian disguise reveals his distain for America and contempt for Jews and Israel.

I'd get into bed and hide under pillows if I wasn't going to my grand kid's fifth birthday party.

Offline megimoo

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »
He didn't and wouldn't .GODS word true !He will further chastise Israel but never abandon her.Like an unfaithful wife who goes astray GOD who is love will bring her back home to himself .He will punish her unfaithfulness as he already has but finally when she has fully repented he will take her to his boosom again as in the days of David the King !

Offline Daisy

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 03:30:24 PM »
HUH????... :hammer:

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 04:49:13 PM »
Isn't Rahm Emmanuele an Israeli...wtf ???

Is he some sort of jewish self-loather???

Offline Daisy

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 05:21:48 PM »
Isn't Rahm Emmanuele an Israeli...wtf ???

Is he some sort of jewish self-loather???
He's gotta be.
He's not the only one who loathes him.
I also loathe him.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 10:23:12 AM »
Here's another viewpoint of Lord Zero's "Hope & Change"  :whatever:  speech in Cairo. It basically states what I poorly said in my OP - that this speech, as widely touted as it was (I even got a friggin' email from Lord Zero's administration on this, selling smoke and mirrors), is essentially pointless or even same-o, same-o. Well, His Holiness did grovel and scrape some more, and even apologized again for the actions we took as a direct result of 9/11.

I'm hoping that this turd in the punchbowl softens enough by November 2012 enough that it can be flushed, along with the rest of the sewage.

Criticism and Conciliation

by Raymond Ibrahim

Though he early indicated that this would be an honest, heart-to-heart talk — "we must say openly the things we hold in our hearts, and that too often are said only behind closed doors" and "let me speak as clearly and plainly as I can about some specific issues that I believe we must finally confront together" — Obama did not follow through.

A heart-to-heart talk revealing what is "said only behind closed doors" would have included any number of issues pitting the Islamic world on a collision course with the West—from that business of jihad and enmity for infidels, to sharia law and dhimmi status of non-Muslim minorities, etc. — issues that have led to a majority of Americans having a negative view of the Muslim world.

Instead, for every mild admonishment directed at the Islamic world, Obama immediately followed by several admissions of American mistakes, including reactions to 9/11, which "in some cases, led us to act contrary to our ideals." That's to say nothing of the constant adulation he offered the Muslim world.

This double-standard is typified by the way he equivocated on the topic of Muslim persecution vis-à-vis religious minorities, while repeatedly gushing over how he's helping American Muslims fulfill their zakat obligation and Muslim women wear the hijab vis-à-vis a non-friendly American system.

All fine platitudes, including his talk of "hope" and "change" (yes, he managed to sneak those hackneyed words in, forgetting he's not talking to Americans) — but will any of it be effective? Probably not — since he did not have the heart-to-heart he promised, but, once again, sought to placate and humor, under the delusion that the problem between the Islamic world and the West revolves around temporal issues that can be easily ameliorated.

In the long run, of course, nothing Obama said today makes any difference. After all, he — and the naive notion he embodies that all conflict is a product of "misunderstanding" and the need for "mutual respect" — is but a dot in that long continuum of stark history, one that he neither addressed nor understands.

In short, we need more than platitudes, or even a "blessing" — the Arabic meaning of Barack's name — to make a difference. We need the heart-to-heart Obama promised but failed to deliver.

Middle East Forum

Offline Daisy

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 12:51:16 PM »
Contrast:

Ronald Raegan; Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall !!

Barack Hussein Obama; I appologize for America's overreaction for 9/11.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 01:24:27 PM »
Here's another perspective of Lord Zero's Cairo speech from the standpoint of a pro-U.S. and American Muslim. (Surprisingly enough, they do exist.)

The speech, while a week old now, is noteworthy for many reasons, not the least of which is Obama's continual and persistent appeasement and fawning statements to Muslims.

Lord Zero was so immersed in his constitutional law studies that he completely forgot about history in general and Neville Chamberlain in particular.

Lots of links in the linked article.

Obama's Cairo Speech Through the Lens of Islamists

By Sid Shahid

President Obama's speech in Cairo to the so-called Muslim world has Islamist organizations fawning about the "new beginning" of relations with Muslims globally. The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which was an unindicted co-conspirator in the HLF terror trial and was recently wholly rejected by the FBI, issued a statement calling the speech "comprehensive, balanced, and forthright." This was not to be outdone by the like-minded Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), which lauded the speech as a "foundation for mutual recognition and positive engagement."

Here, locally in Phoenix, the reaction was predictably similar but more troubling. A prominent Islamist, Marwan Ahmad, publisher of the pro-Hamas newspaper Muslim Voice and original founder of the local CAIR chapter in Arizona, stated to the Arizona Republic: "This is the first time I felt proud of being an American Muslim. I felt really proud, actually."

Interestingly, this is a remarkably candid comment when compared to a previous statement which was obviously a part of Islamist dissimulation: "The day I passed the test and became an American citizen is one of the proudest days of my life." So which is it, Mr. Ahmad?

Ahmad also had the revealing temerity to apparently condone violence and chastise President Obama for openly calling on Palestinians to abandon violent resistance, stating: "They want us to take the Martin Luther King example and the example of other peaceful leaders, yet [in response to the terrorist attacks], America has launched all these wars around the world. That doesn't add up."

These reactions of Islamists speak volumes to the unchanging ideological lens they use in reviewing American foreign and domestic policy. In Mr. Ahmad's case, his pride in being an American Muslim despite decades of residence on our soil came only now as an epiphany after a single speech. Words, not America, gave Ahmad pride. Simple words of appeasement given by our president on foreign soil over 7,000 miles away and hosted by the despotic Egyptian regime made all the difference to his Islamist mindset.

The truth is that Mr. Ahmad should have felt proud to be an American Muslim at the first moment he published his Islamist and frequently anti-American newspaper and exercised his freedom of expression guaranteed to him by the U.S. Constitution.

Only after the despotic governments of Egypt and Saudi Arabia, who are blind and intransigent to political and religious reform, expressed pleasure and approval of our president have our local domestic Islamist groups become jubilant. Are the reformers in Egypt or the oppressed minorities of the "Muslim world" jubilant? No one knows because their voices cannot be heard.

Although President Obama must be given credit for mentioning reform, women's rights, and minority rights, he obviously could have and should have said much more, specifically naming reformers and the real obstacles (i.e., Islamism) to the changes he cited as necessary. No such critique can be heard from Islamists in America, who would rather bask in the glow of appeasement of their motherlands than recognize a lifetime of pride in American values.

*The Islamist lens is all about protecting, legitimizing, and validating the agenda of political Islam and not about protecting, legitimizing, or validating all that is America.

*Y'hear that, Salaam?

Islamist Watch