Author Topic: Can the house just send another impeachment due to Mismanagement of this crisis?  (Read 646 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Lots of new DUmpmonkiez, squealing in rage of the Trump...

PurgedVoter (851 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213314196

Can the house just send another impeachment due to Mismanagement of this crisis?

As of noon central time, April 19, 2020, With 4% of the world population the USA has 24% of the deaths from corona and 31% of the cases of corona in the world.
Mismanagement is too weak a term. Without cussing or appearing to cuss about the Orange Fustercluck, it is hard to describe the treasonous, and idiotic behavior of this monster.
I think they need to send impeachment after impeachment. This one doesn't take a lot of research.

Please do...

unblock (44,776 posts)

1. Could, sure. There's no double jeopardy, so they could even send the same charges up.

The question is all about the politics of it.

It's still a certainty that the republicans in the senate wouldn't go along with it.

Personally, I'd love to see donnie go down in history as the only president to be impeached *twice*.

That said, it could backfire because Congress is actually needed right now for real work, and republicans are actually cooperating (while still grifting) because of the crisis. So republicans could blame us for holding up more stimulus, etc.

EndlessWire (824 posts)

8. Oh, they can call me!

I'll write up impeachment charges! And they can call you and you, and you!

The Repubs are cooperating only so far as they are scraping off money for it. That's not a reason to hold back Impeachment No. 2! Especially since he committed--CLEARLY--a seditious act. The penalty for that is fines and up to twenty years in prison:

"conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch"---

That is what he did! It is a felony! The difference between you or I stating in a political discussion that Trump has got to "go" is the fact that Trump has the authority and means to direct stupid people to actually do something. Which they did. Which he did!

We have always been careful to keep questionable remarks to ourselves, in order not to cross that line. When one of us ventures too close to the line, we usually throw out a caution. It is clearly in the air, however, and many of us are struggling with our own morality, and finding the most peaceful means to rid ourselves of this Orange Tyrant.

We all want to vote him out in November. Beyond that, we would like to march. But, we stay silent on other matters except to say that we wouldn't cry over an irreversible event happening. But, we don't advocate it!

We talk about defensive measures, we worry about whether he will follow the law when he has demonstrated time and again that he doesn't care about the law, and that he considers himself a King! And, urging people to follow their own wise counsel as to whether they will expose themselves to CV-19 is NOT sedition.

But, telling people to "liberate" a state with weapons against the Governor of said state is appalling! That's what Trump did! It isn't funny!

IMPEACHMENT NO. 2 has to be done. We pay Congress to do our business, and there are millions and millions of us who want this asshole GONE.

#ImpeachmentNo.2

:mental:

Star Member onenote (34,288 posts)

3. Sure. But Pelosi is smart enough to strangle that idea in the crib.

First, the idea of adopting articles of impeachment without a formal investigation is a non-starter.
Second, when members of Congress finally come back to DC, they will have important, meaningful things to do. Like work on getting additional aid for hospitals, cities, states. Like pushing for additional support for those who are out of work and can't afford food. Like trying to get funding for vote by mail initiatives.

EndlessWire (824 posts)

10. NO.

There is never going to be a situation where getting rid of someone like Trump et al can't be tended to by special committee. Getting rid of Trump before he cancels the election is infinitely more desirable and can actually bring relief to the strangle hold on our efforts to help ourselves.

I favor paying Trump/Spence off to get rid of him, then fixing the holes in our process that enabled this to happen. You want to talk about receiving the pittance offered to you, but that money would be better spent getting rid of the Chief Asshole and Barr and McConnell. Then we could have our country back.

I'm comfortable with President Pelosi in the interim; SHE can't advocate paying them off, but someone else can do it! Let's find out what number he would take and start negotiating. He's all about the money. There is some number he wants. Let's print it for him with the admonition that he and his family leave the country.

#ImpeachmentNo.2

Star Member Greybnk48 (8,174 posts)

6. This is criminal malfeasance causing death

and/or massive, crushing debt to hospitals for many.

Star Member Demsrule86 (42,508 posts)

9. People need to understand, the only way to rid ourselves is by winning the election in November.

It is the only way...and we need to take back the Senate and retain the House in order to enact policy to fix this mess.

albacore (505 posts)

12. I agree. I just have one little problem with that.

What happens to the country between trump's defeat in November and 20 January 2021 when he is out of there?

I read all the posts on this thread, and I'm a reasonable man.
But.
How much more damage will trump do before he is flushed.... and that's counting on a very thorough ass-whipping in the election. His tools won't accept a close election.

Why not have a brief impeachment hearing featuring trump's statements over time, his self-contradictions, and his incitement to attack state governments?
Vote on the goddam thing, and send it to the Senate.

Let's pretend he's a madman... with the nuclear codes. Let's pretend he speaks in word salad. Let's pretend his grasp of reality is tenuous at best. Let's pretend he's got drug/dementia problems.

Are we saying there is NO way to get a person like that out of the WH? If that's true, then we are really ****ed.

:whatever:

EndlessWire (824 posts)

13. And what are you going to do if he cancels the election and declares martial law and sends in the troops? Start a discussion on why he can't do it, when he just did? Who's going to stop him?

Trump is the most dangerous thing to our democracy we have ever faced. Mentally, he's not capable of any other behavior. He will never give this power up willingly.

We have to have Plan A, B, C. We are in trouble.

How do you think Putin continues to win all his elections? Think it's because he is a choir boy?

We all knew when he did not get tossed out of office that he would escalate. He has. And, he will not stop. He wants to be just like his buddy dictator friends. We The People should stop being enablers.

#Impeach2Now

:mental:

Star Member Celerity (10,040 posts)

17. If he tried to do that there are only 2 things that would stop him,

(1) the Rethugs, either via a hastily put together impeachment vote in the House and then removal via Senate vote (doubtful at best) OR via the 25th Amendment (even more doubtful)

or

(2) A military coup d'état, which is the most unlikely of all, and by FAR the most dangerous.

He likely could get away with it, IF the military backs him. The Democrats have no real physical power to stop it at that point, other than Blue state national guards, but they would be crushed by the main military if they tried to have a counter attack.

IF Trump tries to stay on past January 20th, 2021 and gets away with it, you have an absolute shitstorm of global proportions. The nuclear war clock gets put ahead to probably 15 seconds to midnight, you have the potential for mass slaughter in the US if Trump declares all opposing him are enemies of the state, and every 2 bit tyrant with expansionist desires will make a play, China for Taiwan, Russia for the Baltics, Turkey for Syria and bigger chunks of the ME, The KSA and Israel might decide to nuke Iran and wipe them off the map once and for all, NoKo might unleash their 600,000 plus artillery tubes (tens of millions of rounds in a few minutes) on Seoul and invade with 2 million soldiers, etc etc.

Global shitshow.

:thatsright:

EndlessWire (824 posts)

18. Thank you for your reply.

" coup d'état meaning: sudden defeat of a government through illegal force by a small group, often a military one" Oxford Dictionary.

Well, if he loses the election and refuses to leave, then we have every right to oust him in a LEGAL way using every available force. He will not, at that point, be the President.

Barr and McConnell will martial up backers and come to his defense. Would it be enough? Here's hoping they do something that they can be arrested for...like sedition.

What we can look forward to is the questionable election results and the claim that our side cheated in some Trumpian way. He is a master at ignoring the obvious and just revising history, and making everything up. He'll just say it and magically, that will be the case.

We don't know yet if voting will be hard or easy. Each one of us HAS TO TURN OUT no matter what. We have to have an overwhelming voting force turn out to eject the GOP from the government.

But, what will we actually DO if he just says, the election was rigged, I won? What will we DO if he postpones the election indefinitely because of the CV-19 epidemic?

It looks like he is weaponizing the virus to control the population. I swear to G-d Almighty, that's what it looks like. He is hijacking all the face masks and hoarding them, and using things like vents in order to control other countries.

What's wrong with this man? He is evil personified. I don't feel sorry for him, even though it could be argued that he can't help himself because he is twisted. I don't care what they do with him, as long as he is made to leave the government so we can fix what he broke.

A Second Impeachment would give the Republicans who may now be regretting their vote a second chance to do right. There were so many charges that weren't brought. Let's do it over with improvements.

Who would ever have imagined that Trump would confiscate PPEs that our frontline health care workers need desperately in order to combat the virus?? Who would have thought that Trump's solution to this problem is just to step aside and let the virus wash over the population like a tsunami, while he controls all the protective gear?

It's like sending our troops into battle without weapons, something a sane President would never do.

#Impeach2Now

This new DUmpmonkie is a real lunatic.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

PurgedVoter (851 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213314196

Can the house just send another impeachment due to Mismanagement of this crisis?

Of course they can shampeach again. I wish Schifftyroo, Nadslessroo, and Pelosiroo would get on the stick!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
EndlessWire (824 posts)

I favor paying Trump/Spence off to get rid of him

I know that Donald Trump is President (suck it DUmbasses) but who is this Spence person?
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

A Second Impeachment would give the Republicans who may now be regretting their vote a second chance to do right.

Who might those Republicans be?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DUmpDiver

Boy, they sure like to type.

Dummies, let me save you some keystrokes: Orange Man Bad.

Offline freedumb2003b

"Mismanaged."

EVERY SINGLE meme from the democrats has been proven a lie  (you would think they have no idea we have YT and Twitter).  They say Trump should have acted sooner.  There  VIDEO of democrats, including pelosi, saying "this is no big deal and Trump is a racist" when Trump moved to close China in early March.  There are videos of every other assertion by dims that show just how big a lying liars they are.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

"What we can look forward to is the questionable election results and the claim that our side cheated in some Trumpian way. He is a master at ignoring the obvious and just revising history, and making everything up. He'll just say it and magically, that will be the case."
They SERIOUSLY went there?
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:
Pot, meet freaking kettle!
This is PRECISELY how the DUmmies react literally every single time their side loses an election!
They claim the results are "Questionable," claim that the Republicans engaged in election fraud/ theft, revise history relating to past elections, and make everything up! They just say it, and magically, it's the case for them!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
I'm losing count of X's of failure.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.