Author Topic: Your Thoughts On How Sequester Plays Out?  (Read 500 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Your Thoughts On How Sequester Plays Out?
« on: March 09, 2013, 12:06:32 PM »
kairos12 (502 posts)

Your Thoughts On How Sequester Plays Out?

I am not optimistic President Obama will get any additional revenues.

Right now the Rethugs have their way with 100 percent cuts. I don't see them trading that for any measure that adds taxes.

For me, the sequester was another example of you can't negotiate with crazy.

Your thoughts?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022482096

For once a DUmmy says something that is true, you can't negotiate with crazy. The only thing is they are calling the wrong people crazy.
The repukes have pretty much given 0bama everything that he has wanted, they even raised taxes, and now 0bama doesn't even have the common courtesy to give them a reach around. Instead of even trying to hammer out a deal he flies all around the country campaigning. A real leader would have stayed in DC and done everything he could to at least try to reach a deal.

Marr (12,991 posts)
1. Obama will get his beloved chained CPI, and I expect, some Medicare cuts as well.

That's what this is really all about-- the rest is just stage dressing. The 1% who owns most of the country and both party establishments have decided you're not poor enough yet, and their stooges in DC are building political cover to do the job they were paid to do.

It aint the rich making us all poor it is 0bama who is doing everything he possibly can to make our lives harder and to force more and more people into dependence on government. Just like Chavez did to his people, and now that he is dead the citizens are asking who is going to take care of them now. It's sad really.

JDPriestly (36,262 posts)
15. Problem is that, looking at this dispute from the

side of the private as opposed to public, government economy, the rich are getting much, much, much richer while the poor and middle classes are getting poor and much, much, much poorer.

It was the poor and middle classes that lost their homes, their jobs, their incomes and then had to take less pay in new jobs when the wash was hung out on the line.

That is why taxes need to be raised on the rich. There is no alternative. The poor and middle classes suffered their share, more than their share of the pain of the bank failures and bail-outs in the private sector and job market.

Occupy analyzed it accurately: Banks got bailed out; we got sold out.

Considering the points of view of the Democrats and Republicans on the budget dispute coldly and without regard for the real, Main Street economy is overly simplistic. It leads to a cruel, draconian result: cuts "equal" to or greater than revenues.

In fact, if we are to save capitalism at this point, we have to renew people's faith that the system can work for the benefit of all. Right now, it's hard to believe that.

Through adjustments to our tax code, we can restore confidence in capitalism. We don't notice the lack of confidence yet, but unless ordinary working people start feeling some prosperity for themselves and their children, we will see growing doubts in the fairness of our system.

What Elizabeth Warren pointed out recently in the hearings about banking regulation is true. Some poor sucker from the slums gets a long prison sentence for dealing drugs.

A big bank launders millions in drug money and gets to pay a relatively small fine and walks away with its CEO, board of directors and reputation unscathed. The children of the drug dealer go hungry. The children of the bankers go to Harvard.

So how is taxing the rich going to make things better for us? Will it bring down gas prices, will it make our pay checks bigger, will it make our groceries more affordable? No it won't do anything like that, all it will do is make jobs even more scarce, but you liberal weenies will get a major hard on knowing the rich got soaked, meanwhile you will still be in the same exact situation you were before we taxed the evil rich even more, and you will still be screaming tax the rich more and more.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Your Thoughts On How Sequester Plays Out?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »
It is lining the bird cage or litter box,no one outside of bat shit crazy libs cares and O came off looking like a fool.

Suck on it.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:12:39 PM »
After all the hyperbole of what would happen if the government only got a 6% increase instead of an 8.3% increase will have little to no effect on the average American. This will open the door to more decreases in the rate of government increases and maybe even a real reduction in spending. Zero played this one very badly.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 01:38:24 PM »
After all the hyperbole of what would happen if the government only got a 6% increase instead of an 8.3% increase will have little to no effect on the average American. This will open the door to more decreases in the rate of government increases and maybe even a real reduction in spending. Zero played this one very badly.

Speak for yourself. I am an 'average American' and  A day a week in pay will be devastating at my income level. He played it just right actually since the hardest hit are not the services to the mooches but the military and the agencies that support it. I simply can't understand how conservatives can continue to get giddy over the dismantling of the military and fellow conservatives working in it who are being punished and used as pawns in this.

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »
Speak for yourself. I am an 'average American' and  A day a week in pay will be devastating at my income level. He played it just right actually since the hardest hit are not the services to the mooches but the military and the agencies that support it. I simply can't understand how conservatives can continue to get giddy over the dismantling of the military and fellow conservatives working in it who are being punished and used as pawns in this.

The military got hit the hardest.  11% I think.  I don't know why they decided to cut where they did.  We have a lot of military sub-contractors here.  Cutting off contracts is really going to hurt the people working for them.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline movie buff

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 10:35:49 AM »
"Occupy analyzed it accurately: Banks got bailed out; we got sold out."
The Occupiers were a bunch of lawless, incoherent Communist stoners whose "Message/ analysis" was literally just (In a Tommy Chong- esque voice) "Rich people and bankers are, like, evil or something, maaaaaan. They should, like, be punished for having more money than I have, maaaaaaaan! Society's laws don't apply to us because we're, like, enlightened and stuff, maaaaaaaan! Hey, maaan, you know where I can score some weed? I'm running low, maaaaan!"

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 10:42:17 AM »
"Occupy analyzed it accurately: Banks got bailed out; we got sold out."
The Occupiers were a bunch of lawless, incoherent Communist stoners whose "Message/ analysis" was literally just (In a Tommy Chong- esque voice) "Rich people and bankers are, like, evil or something, maaaaaan. They should, like, be punished for having more money than I have, maaaaaaaan! Society's laws don't apply to us because we're, like, enlightened and stuff, maaaaaaaan! Hey, maaan, you know where I can score some weed? I'm running low, maaaaan!"

aka DUmmies who weren't too lazy to at least leave the basement for a while.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.