Author Topic: Made this today  (Read 1872 times)

Offline CC27

Made this today
« on: May 15, 2018, 01:28:30 PM »
kaotikross (68 posts)

Made this today

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/1017492413

How clever you racist pig.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Made this today
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 08:32:34 PM »
Bad moling, badddd moling.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 06:38:43 AM »
What the hell does that even mean?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 07:56:45 AM »
I think this is kaotikross outing himself as being an ignorant liberal butt-kisser trying to get some cred points concerning something he is unable to understand... or something like that.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 08:07:11 AM »
What the hell does that even mean?

KC

It's an allusion to a recent incident in a park in Oakland (possibly Lake Merritt). A bunch of black people (family? friends? both?) had gathered for a picnic and brought a BBQ kettle. Some busybody white woman started berating them, claiming BBQs were not permitted in that area of the park and called the police. She was challenged by a woman in the group who as part of her tirade included playing the race card on the busybody. I saw a video of this incident, though I didn't watch/listen to the whole thing. According to a DU thread about it the busybody was correct about the rules for that area, and the black woman who launched into a tirade is an activist type nicknamed "Black Becky" (she made the video, so she wasn't visible).

Knowing what this DU post refers to doesn't help me see the point of the meme (other than hating on Diamond & Silk).

To me, the incident at the park was blue-on-blue so I don't much care.

To me, I don't have a problem with parks having no BBQ/grilling areas if there is a safety hazard or it would be deleterious to use of an area, but from what I saw of the area in the video, I didn't see any reason for such a rule if there was one.

My favorite people in what I saw of the video were a couple of guys who went over to a big cooler to grab some cold ones to help them enjoy the entertainment. :-) You could tell they'd seen before what was playing out. :-)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 08:29:34 AM »
It's an allusion to a recent incident in a park in Oakland (possibly Lake Merritt). A bunch of black people (family? friends? both?) had gathered for a picnic and brought a BBQ kettle. Some busybody white woman started berating them, claiming BBQs were not permitted in that area of the park and called the police. She was challenged by a woman in the group who as part of her tirade included playing the race card on the busybody. I saw a video of this incident, though I didn't watch/listen to the whole thing. According to a DU thread about it the busybody was correct about the rules for that area, and the black woman who launched into a tirade is an activist type nicknamed "Black Becky" (she made the video, so she wasn't visible).

Knowing what this DU post refers to doesn't help me see the point of the meme (other than hating on Diamond & Silk).

To me, I don't have a problem with parks having no BBQ/grilling areas if there is a safety hazard or it would be deleterious to use of an area, but from what I saw of the area in the video, I didn't see any reason for such a rule if there was one.

My favorite people in what I saw of the video were a couple of guys who went over to a big cooler to grab some cold ones to help them enjoy the entertainment. :-) You could tell they'd seen before what was playing out. :-)

Bam ba lam
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 08:46:07 AM »

Is that area of California still a tinderbox because of the drought?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 08:54:53 AM »
Is that area of California still a tinderbox because of the drought?

Last year was a VERY wet year, and this year was near normal, so not like it was in summer-fall 2016.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 02:21:24 PM »

Thanks.  I was completely lost and now I'm just a little lost.  LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline dixierose

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 05:39:33 PM »

So THAT is the story behind the meme that's popped up on Twitter this week..
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 08:05:29 PM »
It's an allusion to a recent incident in a park in Oakland (possibly Lake Merritt). A bunch of black people (family? friends? both?) had gathered for a picnic and brought a BBQ kettle. Some busybody white woman started berating them, claiming BBQs were not permitted in that area of the park and called the police. She was challenged by a woman in the group who as part of her tirade included playing the race card on the busybody. I saw a video of this incident, though I didn't watch/listen to the whole thing.
*big snip*

Link to video.
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Oakland-barbecue-Lake-Merritt-Sunday-confrontation-12902520.php
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”