Author Topic: Mueller burned us  (Read 1224 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Mueller burned us
« on: May 19, 2019, 12:31:09 PM »
Star Member boston bean (32,292 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212109488

Mueller burned us
I am more and more starting to believe that he isn’t some principled man unfettered by political bias.

His still working for Barr and in doing so, makes it obvious that he is not willing to stand up and speak truth to the American public. That is cause for concern.

I was willing to give him great benefits of the doubt. His report and his actions are starting to make me feel quite differently about him.

I guess we shall see.

:loser:

Star Member Siwsan (12,340 posts)

1. He needs to decide where his loyalty belongs - with a corrupt DOJ or the nation, as a whole

I hold out hope that he's waiting for the optimum moment, which might not come until he is, again, a private citizen. Hopefully that will be very soon. Otherwise, it might be too late.

Irony?  :???:

Joe941 (1,396 posts)

4. He might be waiting for 2020 election...

The truth is the election is a long way off in political time. Anything said now will be long forgotten in 2020. He might me able to stick it to trump by waiting until 2020 election is much closer.

Nuggets (241 posts)

46. Or he might be waiting to stick it to Dems

by finally testifying or getting an un-redacted the report which ends up have nothing in it .

The fact that Dems placed all their hopes on this Republican and swore there was collusion written in those pages will be hung around our necks like an albatross.

Star Member EffieBlack (13,500 posts)

3. I see we've moved from last week's Pelosi bashing to several OPs going after Mueller today

Methinks this is not a coincidence.

5. What does that mean? I am some Russian trump bot?

Nice personal attack you got going on there.

:fuelfire:

8. It means what I said in plain English

Last edited Sun May 19, 2019, 11:32 AM - Edit history (1)

What you choose to infer is on you.

:fuelfire: :fuelfire:

10. "Methinks" is plain English?

11. It was plain enough for you to understand it.

Perhaps you don’t know what “plain” means.

:fuelfire: :fuelfire: :fuelfire:

Star Member USALiberal (3,134 posts)

19. Lol, paranoid much? Nt

:lmao:

Star Member watoos (5,652 posts)

6. I have faith in Mueller,

We only got to see what Barr allowed us to see about his report.

We never got to see his summaries.

Congress never got to see the grand jury testimony where all of the dirt is.

If anyone is burning us it is Democrats who are allowing Republicans to hide the real Mueller report and allowing Republicans to ignore subpoenas.

Democrats need to step up to the plate, Mueller already batted. Waiting isn't an option, debates start this fall and elections in February.

Who changed the law after Clinton to exclude GJT?

:naughty:

36. Mueller's executive summaries were never released,

This is the best I can do, (computer illiterate) here is an excerpt from the NY Times, written by Mark Mazzetti, and Michael Schmidt,

During the call, according to Mr. Barr, the special counsel pressed again for Mr. Barr to immediately make public the executive summaries to provide a more accurate picture of the conclusions of the Mueller report. Mr. Barr said he was disinclined to put out the report in “piecemeal” fashion.

In the weeks that followed, Mr. Barr repeatedly and publicly made veiled criticisms of Mr. Mueller and his team. Asked during congressional testimony in early April whether the Mueller investigation had been a “witch hunt,” he demurred. On April 18, hours before the report’s release, he gave a news conference during which he said he disagreed with Mr. Mueller’s legal reasoning on the obstruction of justice issue. He also went out of his way to explain how Mr. Trump’s behavior — when put in context — was understandable.

At this point, weeks after Mr. Mueller delivered his report, all the public had seen of his work was what Mr. Barr had summarized in his four-page letter.

On Wednesday, Mr. Barr was clearly peeved, even defiant, at the criticism that his actions had played a distorting role in molding the narrative of the Mueller report in a way that benefited his boss.

He called the controversy “mind-bendingly bizarre” because he always intended to release a fuller version of the report.

I repeat, Barr never released Mueller's executive summary.

Star Member Honeycombe8 (36,025 posts)

9. I don't think his actions were unprincipled, but I agree that he burned us.

It was a huge disappointment.

Bill Maher asked former U S Atty Preet Bharara if another prosecutor/counsel could have looked at that same evidence and come to a different judgment on what it means? Preet quickly responded, "Yes."

In the end, it was his judgment call that did the country a disservice. He could have reasonably come to a different conclusion, but failed to do so. On both aiding & abetting Russian interference in our democracy and obstruction of justice.

37. Contradicting the redacted report,

we don't have a copy of Mueller's report, we don't have a copy of Mueller's executive summaries of his report, we don't have copies of the grand jury testimony. That's the fault of House Democrats that we don't have Mueller's full report.

Star Member StarfishSaver (768 posts)

42. "the fault of House Democrats that we don't have Mueller's full report."

No, it's not.

The Democrats have subpoenaed the support and doing what they need to do to enforce the subpoena, I taking the steps required to issue a legal and enforceable contempt citation.

What exactly to do think they should be doing to obtain and release the report that they're not doing?

Please be specific.

Thanks.

S
tar Member watoos (5,652 posts)

54. Open an impeachment hearing

Immediately tell Barr to release to Congress the grand jury testimony. Barr even stated he would release grand jury documents.
File contempt charges with the courts requesting they be expedited because of the election.

Beringia (1,608 posts)

17. He strikes me as a bookworm

Got all the information, but that is as far as he goes. He doesn't have a horse in the race. I have been waiting for Daniel Ellsberg to speak up on his twitter but nothing. We need a new hero in this drama.

38. Yeah, a decorated Vietnam war veteran book worm.

I am guessing you don't know Mueller's Vietnam war history? I'm guessing that punks like Barr and Trump don't scare him one bit.

:whatever:

Nuggets (241 posts)

51. You have no idea if he's non partisan.

Same was said of Comey, McCabe and Rosenstein obviously not true.

His job is law enforcement, he failed miserably

:mental:

Quackers (1,721 posts)

26. I still believe Mueller is doing his duty for the country.

He’s avoiding giving either side the idea of siding with the other and sticking with what he can/is allowed to do by law. For that, he gets thrown under the bus by both sides. I believe he is an honorable person.

Star Member StarfishSaver (768 posts)

35. I doubt that most of the people who are criticizing in - on the right and left - have even read it

madville (4,481 posts)

49. I'm beginning to think that House Democrats don't really want him to testify

but they can't publicly say that. Something is odd here, reports are now saying it may not be until June or later. There are also reports that Republicans want him to testify. You have to remember that he was never on "our side" and that this is the man that helped sell WMDs in Irag as a terrorism threat to US soil back in 2003 as FBI Director.

:wink:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Mueller burned us
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 01:01:01 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212109488

Mueller burned us
I am more and more starting to believe that he isn’t some principled man unfettered by political bias.

You're right, he is a democrat hack that drug out the witch hunt for 2 years, ruined several good people and drug the thing out for an extra year to screw up the mis term elections.

All this will come out shortly and hopefully all the dimocrats that tried to unseat an elected president because they didn't like him will pay for their treasonous acts. :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 04:18:04 PM »
If finding zero evidence of Trump-Russia Collusion at any level of the Trump Campaign and acknowledging it is "burning" Progs, Progs have been seared to a crisp. :fuelfire:  :tongue:  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 04:55:17 PM »
The best tasting tears are delusional leftist.  Sure they're salty and sweet but mostly they reek of desperation and future suicides.

Merry Fitzmas DUmbasses.

ESAD.  Remember to go down the lane and not across the street.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 09:02:46 AM »

1. He needs to decide where his loyalty belongs

Early on and during much of the investigation you DUmmies were convinced that Mueller would "get" President Trump because he was on the side of the TRUTH, but now that you bedwetters have been served up your nothing burger, you suddenly want Mueller to decide which side he is really playing for.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 09:34:51 AM »

1. He needs to decide where his loyalty belongs

That's quite an incautious admission. I disliked Obama thoroughly - because of his policies, not his skin color, DU-Onlurker - but had he been investigated for a crime and no evidence had been found to support the accusation, that would have been the end of ot for me. Because, ultimately, my loyalty is not to the man in the WH or his opponents. I suspect Mueller dislikes or detests Trump, but in the end admitted that no evidence means no indictment or prosecution.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 10:21:18 AM »
That's quite an incautious admission. I disliked Obama thoroughly - because of his policies, not his skin color, DU-Onlurker - but had he been investigated for a crime and no evidence had been found to support the accusation, that would have been the end of ot for me. Because, ultimately, my loyalty is not to the man in the WH or his opponents. I suspect Mueller dislikes or detests Trump, but in the end admitted that no evidence means no indictment or prosecution.

Hell, ALL of his hired guns were Democrats/Hillary Donors and a few were even at her "victory" party on election night.  If that hat full of partisan assholes can't find anything, there is nothing to find.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 10:29:49 AM »
:loser:

Irony?  :???:

:fuelfire:

:fuelfire: :fuelfire:

:fuelfire: :fuelfire: :fuelfire:

:lmao:

Who changed the law after Clinton to exclude GJT?

:naughty:

S
 :whatever:

:mental:

:wink:

Thanks for reminding me why I don't read DU. The level of dialogue is less than inspiring, to say the least. Too bad.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 10:50:14 AM »
Hell, ALL of his hired guns were Democrats/Hillary Donors and a few were even at her "victory" party on election night.  If that hat full of partisan assholes can't find anything, there is nothing to find.

Well stated! :hi5: earned and issued.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 11:36:55 AM »

this is their strategy...

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020