Author Topic: Cool story about God's providence regarding the Creation Museum  (Read 3494 times)

Offline jinxmchue

Cool story about God's providence regarding the Creation Museum
« on: November 24, 2009, 03:54:24 PM »
http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/aroundtheworld/2009/11/22/does-a-group-called-%E2%80%9Cfree-inquiry%E2%80%9D-really-want-%E2%80%9Cfree-inquiry%E2%80%9D/

This  Free Inquiry Group is the same organization that initiated the opposition to the Creation Museum many years ago.  At first they began opposing our land rezoning with accusations regarding “separation of church and state” (which was absolutely ridiculous!; we wanted to build on private property using private funds, and in America, what’s wrong with that?), and  other anti-Christian propaganda.  Eventually they realized this was not the way to fight this issue so they began stirring up people against AiG using supposed land zoning issues.  As a result, even though the Planning Commission at the time approved the rezoning, the Fiscal Court (i.e., the county commissioners), in what was outside the norm of what usually occurred, overruled, and we had to forgo that piece of property.  However, what men meant for evil, God meant for good (as Joseph learned, as we read in Genesis).  In looking for another piece of property, we found almost 50 acres (the current location of the Creation Museum), right on Interstate 275, at an interchange, just 10 minutes west of the Cincinnati International airport—a FAR superior piece of property.  The original piece was several minutes off the Interstate.  So the Lord allowed the Free Inquiry Group to oppose us so we could end up in an exponentially better situation.

How great is our God!!!   :bow:

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Re: Cool story about God's providence regarding the Creation Museum
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 08:00:48 PM »
How great is our God!!!   :bow:

Real estate miracles are about as impressive as a burning bush... which is to say not at all impressive.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 06:05:58 AM »
Real estate miracles are about as impressive as a burning bush... which is to say not at all impressive.

From the rules for this board:
Bashing a religion will not be tolerated.  If you must, do it elsewhere.

"Flame bait" belongs in the Fight Club

Just a warning to step very carefully in here.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 07:22:48 AM »

:whatever:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 07:26:19 AM »

This is NOT the appropriate forum for your 2000th rendition of the Idiot Song.

Consider this a formal warning.  If you violate the rule that Flame has posted here again you will be looking at a time out at the very least.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 07:43:28 AM »
This is NOT the appropriate forum for your 2000th rendition of the Idiot Song.

Consider this a formal warning.  If you violate the rule that Flame has posted here again you will be looking at a time out at the very least.

Revealing my lack of amazement in regard to Jinx's claim is bashing? So, what do I have to do to stay within the rules here? Do I have to pretend be amazed? I'm not.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 07:53:40 AM »
Revealing my lack of amazement in regard to Jinx's claim is bashing? So, what do I have to do to stay within the rules here? Do I have to pretend be amazed? I'm not.

Denigrating another person faith is attacking religion.  Maybe not posting in the religion forum would be a better idea for you.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 08:30:57 AM »
Maybe not posting in the religion forum would be a better idea for you.

Heh. Finally... something we can agree on.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 02:56:43 PM »
I do not understand the purpose of an atheist posting in a religion forum unless they are a troll or just a tool.