Author Topic: Please pray for our former pastor, his family and his church  (Read 2557 times)

Offline jinxmchue

Last night at a youth event, the church's youth pastor and another youth leader drowned at a lake. Two of our former pastor's kids were there at the time and saw everything that happened. Authorities are still searching for the youth pastor's body. The youth pastor left behind 4 extremely young children (all under 6). Our former pastor has been pastor of his current church for about a year. This will be a very trying time for all involved.

Offline jinxmchue

Re: Please pray for our former pastor, his family and his church
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 03:25:04 PM »
News reports says they were rescuing a young boy who was struggling while swimming.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »
Will do. What a terrible tragedy for all concerned.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 05:56:05 PM »
Prayers said.   :(

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 06:36:54 PM »
Sending my prayers. How horrible!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 03:26:50 AM »
Last night at a youth event, the church's youth pastor and another youth leader drowned at a lake. Two of our former pastor's kids were there at the time and saw everything that happened. Authorities are still searching for the youth pastor's body. The youth pastor left behind 4 extremely young children (all under 6). Our former pastor has been pastor of his current church for about a year. This will be a very trying time for all involved.

How sad.

As a past youth leader, my heart goes out to the families involved. All will be included in my prayers.

What a thing for children to have to witness. Sounds like the youth pastor & leader were doing God's work right up to the end.