Author Topic: Catholic Bishops standing against the dems  (Read 1507 times)

Offline ChuckJ

Catholic Bishops standing against the dems
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:13:01 PM »
I few days back I asked a question concerning Catholic leaders and Democrats supporting anti-Catholic position being allowed to remain in union with the church. I found this article yesterday. link to article

It doesn't really address my concern specifically, but it is along similar lines.

Below is a clip, but I urge you to read the actual article.

--------------------

"Today, Catholic politicians, bureaucrats, and their electoral supporters who callously enable the destruction of innocent human life in the womb also thereby reject Jesus as their Lord," Jenky added. "They are objectively guilty of grave sin."

Earlier this year, Jenky delivered a controversial homily criticizing the contraception mandate. The bishop included Obama's policies in a list of historic challenges the Catholic Church has overcome in previous centuries, including Hitler and Stalin's campaigns.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/10/31/173269/bishop-orders-priests-to-read.html#storylink=cpy
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Catholic Bishops standing against the dems
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 08:14:30 PM »
Here are more interesting developments;

Democratic candidate in North Dakota for U.S. Senate, Tim Mathern, who just released an open letter (PDF here) to his Bishop, Apostolic Administrator David Kagan of Fargo, urging him to cease and disist from issuing a pastoral letter to Catholics in the diocese about forming faithful consciences and threatening the Catholic Church’s tax-exempt status if he proceeded to issue the statement as planned. And I haven’t seen anyone in the Democratic party condemn his action.  
http://www.catholicvote.org/discuss/index.php?p=38089

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/24/exclusive-group-accuses-democrats-of-being-anti-catholic/

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:16:51 PM by J P Sousa »
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 09:19:31 PM »
I've seen the following signs in front of several Catholic churches and in several yards here in Omaha.

I've also seen many signs in front of Catholic Churches that read "Protect the Unborn, Defend Marriage, Safeguard Liberty.”

Omaha is a very Catholic city, and I think that even the more liberal minded people are very upset about Obama's stance towards the Catholic church.  Many Catholics vote Democrat, we'll see if recent events have done anything to change that.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »
Our Deacon mentioned this at Mass today in his Homily.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »
That ad is awesome:

[youtube=425,350]qPJDw6a5TZk[/youtube]
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »
I'm not catholic.  However, I hope the have an inside line to the "Big Guy" as they are going to be hearing from Holder & the IRS if Obozoe wins.

Offline cattlebaron

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 02:36:32 AM »
Jut the government trying to silence people of faith...

This is not a theocracy, unless its the church of atheism that we have in the administration, and we should be allowed to hear our shepherds uncensored. Our faith has an important place in our lives and if we act on those beliefs then that becomes a threat to those cynics that have don't understand our beliefs. The government is trying to takeover the church bit by bit so why shouldn't the church have a voice?