Author Topic: Voting machine swaps Obama for Romney  (Read 1507 times)

Offline formerlurker

Voting machine swaps Obama for Romney
« on: October 31, 2012, 05:13:16 PM »
Voting machine swaps Obama for Romney
Incorrect inputs irritate voter
6:51 AM, Oct 31, 2012   | 

MARION — Joan Stevens was one of several early voters at the polls on Monday. But when Stevens tried to cast her ballot for president, she noticed a problem.

Upon selecting “Mitt Romney” on the electronic touch screen, Barack Obama’s name lit up.

It took Stevens three tries before her selection was accurately recorded.

“You want to vote for who you want to vote for, and when you can’t it’s irritating,” Stevens said.

Stevens said she alerted Jackie Smith, a board of elections member who was present. Smith declined to comment, but Stevens says she mentioned that the machine had been having problems all day.

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20121031/NEWS03/310310009/Problem-found-board-elections?nclick_check=1

Offline Dori

Re: Voting machine swaps Obama for Romney
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 05:53:25 PM »
http://www.marionstar.com/article/20121031/NEWS03/310310009/Problem-found-board-elections?nclick_check=1

I don't know what state Marion is in, but I've read that this is happening in OH and I think NC. 

So if she tried three times to vote for Romney before it got it right, did the machine post the errors for Obama too?  Sounds like a racket.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »
I don't know what state Marion is in, but I've read that this is happening in OH and I think NC. 

So if she tried three times to vote for Romney before it got it right, did the machine post the errors for Obama too?  Sounds like a racket.

The most noteworthy Marion I'm aware of is the one in ILLINOIS...  :whatever:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 06:24:11 PM »
NC had similar problems denoted in an article last week.

Interesting how I haven't heard anything about the reverse happening. I guess the Romney Suppress-the-Vote group must've suspended operations in states with larger minority populations to avoid Romney being tagged a liar, cheater, AND a racist.
</sarcasm_for_the_moment>