Author Topic: When you've lost Ezra Klein...  (Read 1883 times)

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
When you've lost Ezra Klein...
« on: October 30, 2012, 06:35:57 PM »
Headline:  "Mitch McConnell and John Boehner’s strategy worked"

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/10/30/mitch-mcconnell-and-john-boehners-strategy-worked/

Q.E.D.
...you've lost the race.

Be well, everyone.
--
Mick
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:37:12 PM by Chris »

Offline Undies

Re: When you've lost Ezra Klein...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »
Headline:  "Mitch McConnell and John Boehner’s strategy worked"

[http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/10/30/mitch-mcconnell-and-john-boehners-strategy-worked/]Mitch McConnell and John Boehner’s strategy worked[/url]

Q.E.D.
...you've lost the race.

Be well, everyone.
--
Mick

It's not taking me were I want to go, even after modification.  Help.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 06:45:43 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 06:51:19 PM »
By my reading, the point is that Romney is receiving endorsements due to O not being able to work with the dastardly obstructionist Republicans in Congress. Has nothing to do with O telling the R's "Elections have consequences. I won." or saying "they'll have to ride in the back." or otherwise failing to win friends and influence people.

O never learned the lesson that if you kick someone when they're down, you better hope they never get the chance to return the favor.

Offline Jets_Fan

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Long Time Coming......
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 07:15:46 PM »
Obama spent his term in office relying on Democrats in Congress to pass his plans without giving much effort in the selling of these plans.  When Republicans, rightfully objected, he shoved them to the back of the bus.

FDR implemented workfare, established social security, got the economy moving again and prepared the US for war in the 1930s and got the support of many lawmakers in the GOP.  Eisenhower and congressional Democrats got the interstate highway network going.  The Civil Rights act was passed with bipartisan support (with the exception of Dixiecrats).  Even the tax reforms of Reagan in the 1980s relied on Democratic support.  But why couldn't the greatest orator of our timetm manage to get a consensus to work?

The "One" failed.  Time for him to retire.  Wish I felt more confident in Romney/Ryan.............
Hey America!  How's That Hopey-Changey Stuff Working Out For Ya?

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »
At kindest, this is one of Klein's hail-marys to try and rally the base.

"
See, everybody, how those dastardly Congressional Republicans have obstructed Obama's agenda from the beginning, in the hope, and now success, at blocking his reforms. And, BONUS! They get to defeat Obama at the polls by blaming him for their obstructions. This cannot stand!
STONE THEM!!  EVERYONE, STONE THEM!!!"

Well, you get the idea.

Desperation has reached a new low.

BTW, that last part. That, that was mine. Yeah, I added that. Just for effect. Yeah, I'm a smartass, well, from time to time.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 08:41:50 AM »
At kindest, this is one of Klein's hail-marys to try and rally the base.

Well, you get the idea.

Desperation has reached a new low.

BTW, that last part. That, that was mine. Yeah, I added that. Just for effect. Yeah, I'm a smartass, well, from time to time.

This is the only way they'll "stone" anybody:

:stoner: :stoner: :stoner:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 04:41:26 PM »
Well, dang it all to hell. There go all my plans.