Author Topic: LIBYA: CRUSHING OBAMA’S HOPES OF A COMEBACK?  (Read 5032 times)

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
LIBYA: CRUSHING OBAMA’S HOPES OF A COMEBACK?
« on: October 28, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »
LIBYA: CRUSHING OBAMA’S HOPES OF A COMEBACK?
Mitt Romney has opened up a clear lead over Barack Obama in their presidential race. That owes a great deal to the candidates’ debate performances, of course. But something else is going on, too. In recent days, Obama’s approval rating has taken a perceptible hit. Via the Weekly Standard, we see that in the Rasmussen survey, only 47% approve of Obama’s job performance, while 52% disapprove. That is down from the exact opposite–52/47–on September 11. Gallup shows much the same thing, as CNS notes. In the Gallup Poll, the president’s approval rating has declined from 53% as recently as October 23 to only 46% today.

There are two plausible explanations for Obama’s current slide: voters may be disgusted by the mean, petty campaigning he is running, or they may disapprove of his handling of the Benghazi crisis. Or both. While the details of what happened in Benghazi are murky–probably impenetrably so to the average voter–the impression that the Obama administration 1) failed to protect adequately our personnel in Libya, and 2) tried to deceive Americans about what happened, is both strong and correct.

To the extent that either or both of these factors are driving Obama’s falling approval ratings, it is hard to see what he can do in the next week to turn the situation around.

John. JOHN!  YA THINK!!??

You think that "failed to protect adequately our personnel in Libya..." has a strong impression with people? It is an incontrovertible fact, unless you think that getting killed while on the job constitutes "adequate protection"!! I'd sure wanna talk to someone about that clause in the contract.

Yeah, John, stick a fork in him. He's done!

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
Re: LIBYA: CRUSHING OBAMA’S HOPES OF A COMEBACK?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 11:24:43 AM »
[DU mode on]awww...it is just another "work place violence" event , just like in Fort Hood...nothing to see here just move along.[/DU mode off]

At least that is what they would like for us to believe.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 11:53:52 AM »
obama's job approval went down 7 points in three days. Libya has a lot to do with it.

Donald Trump was saying that his offer to obama has something to do with it also. I don't think that is correct, though.

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 01:29:43 PM »
obama's job approval went down 7 points in three days. Libya has a lot to do with it.

Donald Trump was saying that his offer to obama has something to do with it also. I don't think that is correct, though.

Poor Donny. What a pitiful, contemptible figure he's become, desperately trying to remain relevant.

Just sad.

Offline Flufferlie

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 01:51:19 PM »
Poor Donny. What a pitiful, contemptible figure he's become, desperately trying to remain relevant.

Just sad.

Pathetic but knee-slapping funny.
Libya has pretty much ruined his chances, and a big part of me wonders if the election is as close as the media says it is.
This whole election season I have yet to meet someone voting for him.
  "It has been said that politics is the
second oldest profession. I have learned that it
bears a striking resemblance to the first."

------------------------------------------

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not
that they are ignorant, but that they know
so much that isn't so."

- Ronald Reagan

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »
Pathetic but knee-slapping funny.
Libya has pretty much ruined his chances, and a big part of me wonders if the election is as close as the media says it is.
This whole election season I have yet to meet someone voting for him.

Love Ramirez' cartoon.

And you need wonder no further. Romney became the leader in this campaign before the first Presidential Debate had concluded. The tsunami wave about to engulf Obama et al has been building for years now; it's not going to dissipate despite the valient efforts of our statist media to "hide the decline." And the Libya abomination is the last straw.

In just 90 minutes of direct contact with the public, he undid endless months of Obama slander and $100+ million in negative ads. The last two debates were just the convincers for those last 4-5% undecideds who needed to be sure.

I can't believe I'm even writing this but I've been recently watching some of Romney's stump speeches, in Iowa and Michigan. He's good. He's very good and he's honed in on something deep and resonant with the suffering public.

Obama's done. It's just a matter of cleaning up whatever additional mess he intends to bring before we're rid of him. So cheer up and tell your friends. Go watch some of Romney's campaign stop videos, like this one in Iowa . The crowds, the speeches, the sway and flow; he's got his finger on the pulse of the body politic now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:09:21 PM by mickBelker »

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 02:33:39 PM »
What pisses me off is how the left has managed to spin this. They are actually claiming that not only did 0bama say this was a terrorist attack from day one, they are also claiming that he never said it was the video that caused this. I know they rewrite history but, now they are rewriting history from last week.  :banghead:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
My brother was in a car accident and has a problem with his short term memory. He can remember details from when he was little but can't remember stuff from last week.

I had no idea it was a contagious disease.... :rofl:
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 07:07:03 PM »
What pisses me off is how the left has managed to spin this. They are actually claiming that not only did 0bama say this was a terrorist attack from day one, they are also claiming that he never said it was the video that caused this. I know they rewrite history but, now they are rewriting history from last week.  :banghead:

LOL. Yeah, I get it but don't let it rattle you too much. That's what they want. If your frustration is from the fact that they won't tell the truth, or that most transgressors (liars; cheats; thieves; Democrats; journalists; leftists in general; take your pick) are unlikely to be held to full account, then you're destined to be eternally frustrated. It doesn't matter to them what the objective truth is; only their "higher truth" - and being in power to implement the details that only they, of course, know so well - is what matters. Our task right now is to begin taking back what is ours by defeating these enemies of liberty at the ballot box on November 6th. There will be time enough later for retribution.

Besides, all of the spin in the world ("you gonna believe us or your own lying eyes?!") can't work without having sufficient time for implementation and Obama's outta that... and he knows it. Moreover, the NYT, ABC, (MS)NBC, CBS, BBC et al? They're beginning to smell it, too. It's in the air now and you just watch.

The smartest of the leftist pundits have already begun to backpeddle. They're ranks are beginning to grow and the trickle of articles from about a month (plus) ago - various articles, sprinkled hither and yon, questioning the orthodoxy; wondering about the old Obama mojo and why he wasn't miles ahead; some even questioning the infallability of the One - is turning into a steady stream and, soon, maybe, a torrent of finger-pointing and recriminations. The Obamites are frightened and frantic and increasingly friendless (c.f., Chris Matthews post-debate meltdown for a more outlandish, puerile example). Other are beginning to wonder if Obama is as invincible as advertised.

After the first debate, this trickle of worry resolved into a serious breach in the Obama firewall as the Emperor sans vêtements was marked by the general public. The 2nd and 3rd debates only served to confirm what the first had demonstrated:  that Obama's extraordinarily weak record - the polar opposite of his claims on the campaign trail but a direct result of his own policies - might just NOT be the answer; that he was/is, in fact, no leader at all but merely a well-educated, well-trained, well-groomed, presentable and - BONUS! - mixed race speaker but no match for a real opponent, let alone Willard Mitt Romney.

There will still be myriad networks, blogs, periodicals and political hacks galore, more than enough to pound our eyes and ears 'til Election Day and beyond about our "stupid choices." That'll be as a whisper compared to the head-pounding that the people have been giving themselves increasingly these last 4 years; the ones that were mesmerized into voting for this talented charlatan. The ones that have been lied to and cheated on constantly. The ones that will spell the margin of victory on Election Day.

So cheer up. Things on the horizon are looking a bit brighter. And have some faith. And remember, as Sinbad once observed:  trust in Allah... but tie up your camel!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 07:59:22 PM »

Trump has nothing to do with Obama's falling approval numbers. Trump needs to stay away from politics.

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 10:03:47 PM »
Trump has nothing to do with Obama's falling approval numbers. Trump needs to stay away from politics.
LOL. I couldn't agree more... Well, that is, unless there is buffoon-deficit. Then who ya gonna call? <snort>

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 10:29:24 PM »
Crush, I don't know, but it sure ain't helping him...which is good, it could just be better.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 10:31:44 PM »
Crush, I don't know, but it sure ain't helping him...which is good, it could just be better.

Which is why the only Sunday talk show that would even touch Libya was Fox News Sunday.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 12:54:14 AM »
Which is why the only Sunday talk show that would even touch Libya was Fox News Sunday.

THANK YOU, SIR. MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »

McLame had a few things to say on Face the Nation:

See BS
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
obama job approval is back up to 51%. How the hell is that possible? I am done with these stupid polls. They are so fixed that it isn't funny ..

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »
obama job approval is back up to 51%. How the hell is that possible? I am done with these stupid polls. They are so fixed that it isn't funny ..

It's the Post-Sandy bump. Which is not to be confused with a Barney Frank blow-up doll.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »
It's the Post-Sandy bump. Which is not to be confused with a Barney Frank blow-up doll.

Romney better hit obama hard these last couple of days. I am hoping that people don't get stupid and vote for obama just because of his job with Sandy. Although I know that people will.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 09:58:01 PM »

And you believe it?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Kyle Ricky

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 09:08:11 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I'll ask again:  And you believe it?

Honestly? No ...

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »
Honestly? No ...

If you don't believe it, why are you frustrated with it?

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 09:12:50 AM »
If you don't believe it, why are you frustrated with it?

No so much frustrated - More astonished, over how stupid they are.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 09:20:10 AM »
No so much frustrated - More astonished, over how stupid they are.

Hmmm. Really not so surprising, given the weight that a lot of people give to these polls. Those with an agenda will present the data in a way that makes their POV optimal.

The concept of being "unbiased" is ludicrous. No entity, person, or organization is without bias.