Author Topic: The Latest Polls  (Read 33350 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: The Latest Polls
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2012, 12:25:29 PM »
So when the unemployment number gets revised upward next week, as it has every report for the last 4 years, can Romney hit O again with it? How about next month when it's back over 8% because people start thinking "we're in a recovery, there must be some jobs out there that I can get" and the labor force gets larger.

People might be getting jobs, but are the jobs at the same pay level as their original job?

My 2nd job is nowhere near the same income level as my first job used to be. There are many people where I work that are there as 2nd jobs or because they lost their other job.

Found out last night that they are looking to hire 100 for the call center. ADT and CVS/CAremark are also hiring for their call centers here. But you are looking at jobs that are $10/hour or less.

How many of the jobs that are now being offered or taken, are seasonal only? I saw in our local paper this week, Amazon in Chattanooga area is hiring several hundred for the upcoming holiday season. Those jobs will be over with by mid-Feb, if that long.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »
I find it hard to believe that the employment numbers went up and the unemployment percentage also went up.

But not really, considering the "unbiased" source of this info.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2012, 01:28:04 PM »
I find it hard to believe that the employment numbers went up and the unemployment percentage also went up.

But not really, considering the "unbiased" source of this info.

Exactly!

Meet the Obama Donors at the BLS

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
October 5, 2012 1:28 pm

At least two economists at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) have contributed to President Barack Obama’s campaign. Harley Frazis of Bethesda, MD, has contributed at least $2,000 to Obama and $9,000 to the Democratic National Convention over the last three election cycles. During his time at BLS, Harley has published a number of papers including his most recent, “How to Think About Time-Use Data: What Inferences Can We Make About Long- and Short-Run Time Use from Time Diaries?”

I only used one paragraph because the whole piece is two paragraphs long.

http://freebeacon.com/meet-the-obama-donors-at-the-bls/
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »
Washington has free bacon? :drool:

Oh, wait...that's BEACON....my faux pas....
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline Zeus

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »
Have TV networks, AP already called 19 states?
By Scott Bomboy | National Constitution Center

Television networks and the Associated Press will skip exit polling in 19 states in the upcoming presidential election, apparently deciding those states have already gone to President Barack Obama or Mitt Romney.

The Post said an official at the National Election Pool confirmed it will only focus on 31 states on November 6, when the nation elects a president. People in the 19 excluded states will be included in some national exit polling.

The Pool is a cooperative agreement between the television networks and the AP to combine resources to do exit polls, which the news outlets have done for several decades.

The 19 states include Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

Almost all of those 19 states are in the Republican camp, and it would give Mitt Romney a 138 to 19 lead in the electoral vote right at the start of election night.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2012, 01:48:03 PM »
Have TV networks, AP already called 19 states?
By Scott Bomboy | National Constitution Center

I kind of agree with their reasoning.  Certain are a lock for one candidate or the other so why waste the resources.  Eventually they might just start covering the swing states with exit polls.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2012, 02:02:37 PM »
Im surprised its only 19
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Zeus

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2012, 02:19:37 PM »
Im surprised its only 19

There more than likely are more but then the OMG (Obama media Group) couldn't perpetuate the meme of 'It's a close race". I'm of the Opinion mitt has it in the bag and by a comfortable margin. That is if he doesn't say something totally stupid and off the wall , which is a possibility but very unlikely. More probable is the left coming out with a meme lie that takes hold and affects the eventual outcome of a Romney decisive victory.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
I kind of agree with their reasoning.  Certain are a lock for one candidate or the other so why waste the resources.  Eventually they might just start covering the swing states with exit polls.

Then why the deuce isn't New York on that list (of the 19 states that exit polls are being pulled from)? :???: :???: :???:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2012, 04:44:52 PM »
Then why the deuce isn't New York on that list (of the 19 states that exit polls are being pulled from)? :???: :???: :???:

New York has a huge number of electoral votes.  They know those will go to Obama early and slant the lead in his favor.  That might help to discourage Romney voters.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2012, 04:53:41 PM »
New York has a huge number of electoral votes.  They know those will go to Obama early and slant the lead in his favor.  That might help to discourage Romney voters.

If the goal was to slant the lead and discourage Romney voters, then they would call it for CA, NY, WA, OR, IL, HI, and other blue states. That would give O something like 200+ EV, which would have more potential to discourage R voters.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2012, 05:45:23 PM »

How so if Romney starts the evening already halfway to the 270 EV's needed. New York is a large EV State but not that Large  :-)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2012, 05:46:49 PM »
How so if Romney starts the evening already halfway to the 270 EV's needed. New York is a large EV State but not that Large  :-)

Aren't most of the eastern states leaning or going to Obama?  Which states have polls closing the earliest?

Offline Zeus

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2012, 05:53:12 PM »
Aren't most of the eastern states leaning or going to Obama?  Which states have polls closing the earliest?

Well of course Eastern states polls close the earliest but do you think Obama will carry the entire eastern coast and acquire enough EC votes to overcome and surpass an 138 EC vote deficit to point of discouraging Romney voters.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
In all reality going into election night it should be about 221 Obama, 191 Romney
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline thundley4

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
Well of course Eastern states polls close the earliest but do you think Obama will carry the entire eastern coast and acquire enough EC votes to overcome and surpass an 138 EC vote deficit to point of discouraging Romney voters.

Will it discourage Romney voters?  No.  Do I think the left might hope for it to do that?  Yes.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2012, 09:49:46 PM »
After Romney kicks Obama's ass in PA, VA and FL, the race will be over. We will be crowning Romney the new Prez before midnight EST

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »
Romney is now in the lead in both Florida and Virginia. He is one poin below obama in Ohio.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2012, 02:19:36 PM »
Post debate numbers ....

Rasmussen Tracking   10/4 - 10/6   1500 LV   3.0   47   49   Romney +2
Gallup Tracking   9/30 - 10/6   3050 RV   2.0   49   46   Obama +3

More info: http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Gallop must be really over sampling Dems to have obama still in the lead. Looking at the numbers stating that almost 70% say that Romney won the debate; and then to get people shown who obama really is. You know they are cooking the numbers
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:22:29 PM by Kyle Ricky »

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2012, 02:42:02 PM »
Post debate numbers ....

Rasmussen Tracking   10/4 - 10/6   1500 LV   3.0   47   49   Romney +2
Gallup Tracking   9/30 - 10/6   3050 RV   2.0   49   46   Obama +3

More info: http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Gallop must be really over sampling Dems to have obama still in the lead. Looking at the numbers stating that almost 70% say that Romney won the debate; and then to get people shown who obama really is. You know they are cooking the numbers

Guaranteed: as the weeks go by, the MSM pollsters will show the race "tightening"as "too close to call" and then will blame "late-deciding independents" for any anomalies in their numbers after the election.
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline BigTex

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2012, 01:20:42 PM »
PPP - Virginia
D +6 Poll: Obama 50, Romney 47

2008 turnout: Obama 50, Romney 47

2004 turnout: Romney 51, Obama 46

PPP - Wisconsin
D +1 Poll: Obama 47, Romney 45

2008 turnout: Obama 52, Romney 40

2004 turnout: Romney 49, Obama 43

University of Denver - Colorado
R +1 Poll: Obama 47, Romney 43
no cross sections

Gravis - Colorado
R +3.6 Poll: Romney 49, Obama 46
no cross sections

GWU/Politico - National
D +3 Poll: Obama 49, Romney 48

2008 turnout: Obama 49, Romney 48

2004 turnout: Romney 49, Obama 48

Offline Zeus

« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2012, 03:15:23 PM »
Again with a built in Advantage to the Incumbent and the Usual 4 pt.+/- margin of error , it ain't looking good for Obama.   :yahoo:

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2012, 03:25:06 PM »

http://www.people-press.org/2012/10/08/romneys-strong-debate-performance-erases-obamas-lead/

PEW POLL PUTS ROMNEY UP FOUR OVER OBAMA
Battleground Poll: Romney Up Sixteen Points With Independents;
Among Those Most Likely to Vote, Leads 52-46 In Swing States

http://minx.cc/?post=333616

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2012, 04:10:43 PM »
Pew Research   10/4 - 10/7   1112 LV   3.4   45   49   Romney +4
Rasmussen Tracking   10/5 - 10/7   1500 LV   3.0   48   48   Tie

More: http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Rasmussen has them as a tie .... It is not a good sign for obama. Pew has Romney 4 points ahead.