Author Topic: Protest by Catholic activists may hamper Obama reelection bid  (Read 666 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Seeing that many of these activists probably supported the Obamessiah in '08, it's about time, and it's never too late for redemption.

Protest by Catholic activists may hamper Obama reelection bid

By Alexander Bolton - 04/24/12 05:00 AM ET

President Obama has seen his standing among Catholic voters, a crucial segment of the electorate, slip in recent weeks, and a looming confrontation with Catholic activists could make it worse.

Democrats want voters this year to focus on what they have branded a war on women, but the flip side of the debate — the so-called war on religion — is not going away anytime soon.

Earlier this month, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops called for two weeks of public protest in June and July against what it sees as growing government encroachment on religious freedom.

The protests are expected to include priests and nuns and thousands of Catholic parishioners. Some activists expect civil disobedience, which could lead to powerful images of priests and nuns being led away in hand restraints.

“This is the most dynamic situation I’ve ever seen since I’ve been involved in Catholics and politics,” said Deal Hudson, president of Catholic Advocate, who also headed Catholic outreach for the Bush-Cheney presidential campaign in 2000 and 2004. “I think civil disobedience is almost inevitable. I think that kind of protest is on the way.”

And away goes a fair amount of the Catholic vote--and it disappears into the Republican column.  The rest is here:

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/politics-elections/223227-two-week-protest-by-catholic-activists-may-hamper-presidents-reelection-bid
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Protest by Catholic activists may hamper Obama reelection bid
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »
Not surprising. Kathleen Sebelius, former Governor of Kansas, current HHS, and alleged Catholic was the author of this most recent assault on the church. I am a little surprised that this round of leading from behind hasn't found owebuma backing off this most obvious blunder.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.