Author Topic: Despite Thin Evidence, DOJ Demanded 'Voter Fraud' Prosecutions (Jason Leopold!)  (Read 694 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

I'm sorry, when this thing googled up with my afternoon treasure trove of lunatic ravings, I had to
post this for the sake of the author's name, alone.  I'm not sure what sort of standards the pubicrecord.com
( :-)) has, but I assume they are lenient with their deadlines.  at least by 24 hours.

this looks like a book report, more than anything else.

Despite Thin Evidence, DOJ Demanded 'Voter Fraud' Prosecutions

By Jason Leopold
The Public Record
Monday, October 20, 2008

The Justice Department issued a directive to every US attorney in the country to find and prosecute cases of voter fraud during the height of hotly contested elections in 2002, 2004, and 2006, even though evidence of such abuses was extremely thin or non-existent, according to a former federal prosecutor.

David Iglesias, the former US attorney for New Mexico, recalled receiving an email in late summer 2002 from the Department of Justice suggesting "in no uncertain terms" that US attorneys should immediately begin working with local and state election officials "to offer whatever assistance we could in investigating and prosecuting voter fraud cases," Iglesias wrote in his recently published memoir, In Justice: Inside the Scandal that Rocked the Bush Administration.

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), a grassroots group that has registered hundreds of thousands of new voters, was one of the Justice Department’s targets. In recent weeks, ACORN has become the target of Republican attacks over claims the organization is involved in a nationwide voter registration fraud scheme.

Trying to salvage his campaign, John McCain last week declared ACORN “is now on the verge of maybe perpetrating one of the greatest frauds in voter history in this country, maybe destroying the fabric of democracy."

Iglesias was fired in 2006 after he refused to prosecute what turned out to be unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud leveled against ACORN.

More

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Good. They're doing their jobs for once.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Jason Leopold - HA!

And let the judicial persecutions begin in
22...business hours...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄