Author Topic: Democratic Underground failed you  (Read 3552 times)

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
Re: Democratic Underground failed you
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 11:39:10 PM »
Nope -- massive Urban Legend.  http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/computer.asp

DAMN! The one time I dont check Snopes....

My co-workers who I refer to Snopes all the time would be LOL'ing about this, lol.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 11:40:11 PM »

they aren't all buying it, by the way.  of course, his solution is to raise taxes (donations) and solve the "problem" before he even knows what it is. :-) 

FatDave  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) 
82. How does high traffic affect power consumption?

I don't get it. Makes no sense.

If you've got an underpowered power supply in a server, and you've got it spinning a bunch of drives (though large drive arrays typically have their own dedicated power supply), you might overload the server's power supply. But there's no ****ing way that power supply is going to start drawing additional power off of the grid. And even if power did go out, your hosting company doesn't have its servers on UPS's? What kind of rinky-dink outfit is this? They don't seem to know shit. Have a fundraising drive and move to a reputable hosting company.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 11:40:46 PM »
DAMN! The one time I dont check Snopes....

My co-workers who I refer to Snopes all the time would be LOL'ing about this, lol.

It will be our secret I promise you.

But to be sure, your nearest associate at work and his/her phone number was, again????
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 11:26:45 AM »
It will be our secret I promise you.

But to be sure, your nearest associate at work and his/her phone number was, again????

Just ask for Joe The Plumber at 1-800-328-7448

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »
Nope -- massive Urban Legend.  http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/computer.asp

The paper going into the middle top of the keyboard and coming out the left bottom kind of made it pretty obvious.