Author Topic: Union NOW,Union NOW, No wait  (Read 1202 times)

Offline claret1995

Union NOW,Union NOW, No wait
« on: April 23, 2009, 02:39:24 PM »
 Gotta support them unions,well until we need to purchase a union made product .....
Then well you KNOW what is about to come

Is it just me or are new cars WAYYYYYYYY overpriced?
 :hammer:

JANdad  (1000+ posts)      Thu Apr-23-09 02:56 PM
Original message
Is it just me or are new cars WAYYYYYYYY overpriced?
I was considering buying a new car (Chevy Malibu) but after doing some shopping and seeing the prices I am thinking...WTF?!

I would like to do my part to help American companies but dayum! I can not afford this!

I would think that if the prices were a little more reasonable...

Oh and BTW...a similar style Japanese car is in the same price range...go figure (no legacy or union costs...wtf is up with that?)

BUT BUT BUT IT IS UNION BUILT.CAN YOU HELP A UNION BRUDDER

ShortnFiery  (1000+ posts)        Thu Apr-23-09 02:58 PM
Response to Original message
1. Yes, I'm very disappointed with the high prices of both the new Prius and Insights.
 They're cost prohibitive for average working Americans.

Can't they make a hybrid and/or E car that is small and around $15,000 instead of $22,000?

It is that evil Cheney of Boosh or the Jews,

JANdad  (1000+ posts)      Thu Apr-23-09 03:04 PM
Response to Reply #3
6. I know...
 It's not like I am shopping for a Caddy...it's a friggin Malibu!

My first house 10 years ago cost me 49000...a new car today is half that!

I would thing that if the govt really wanted to help the auto industry, they could subsidize the purchase of a new car...

Now you are getting in line,Taxpayer money from the union members,to you ,to the dealership,to the evil corporation

This is kinda a small fire but has some promise....because they are liars and idiots

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5519772

Offline thundley4

Re: Union NOW,Union NOW, No wait
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 02:54:41 PM »
Once again they want to take money from the wealthy to subsidize themselves and the union workers that build cars.  If imported cars are about the same cost as American cars then why are more people buying foreign cars?  Oh yeah, quality.

Offline claret1995

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 03:22:32 PM »

So buying a foreign import is the way to go. Screw the unions.

BUT

Don't they hate NAFTA,Wal Mart etc etc.

Isn't the union the be all and end all.
 :banghead:

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 04:27:53 PM »
An interesting project idea.

Build your own electric car.

Buy an old non-working light vehicle.... a Miata maybe, strip out the motor, drive system and all. Put small electric motors in for each wheel, connected them to a limited battery system but connected that to a small gasoline generator. I'd love to see the MPG on that vs a gas engine running the car.

Hmm

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 05:06:32 PM »
An interesting project idea.

Build your own electric car.

Buy an old non-working light vehicle.... a Miata maybe, strip out the motor, drive system and all. Put small electric motors in for each wheel, connected them to a limited battery system but connected that to a small gasoline generator. I'd love to see the MPG on that vs a gas engine running the car.

Hmm

Plenty of info on that idea already on the web, with sources for motors, deep-cycle batteries (though there are lots of plain lead-acid projects too) and charging circuitry.  Doesn't make sense for me given the commuting distance I have, which also involves a lot of vertical change between start and end, but I'd certainly consider it if I had only 10 miles or so of fairly flat terrain to cover each way every day.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 05:10:27 PM »
true

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 06:16:36 PM »
Bitchslapped for slipping through the cracks.

Welcome.

(possibly bitchslapped for having a labador as a avatar. That's more of a friendly slap on the back than a bitchslap, but it's not a hi-5 since it's a golden and not a black...er...I mean coloured lab).
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »
Bitchslapped for slipping through the cracks.

Welcome.

(possibly bitchslapped for having a labador as a avatar. That's more of a friendly slap on the back than a bitchslap, but it's not a hi-5 since it's a golden and not a black...er...I mean coloured lab).

Bitchslapped for not spelling Labrador properly.  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 07:18:52 PM »
Bitchslapped for not spelling Labrador properly.  :tongue:

Awwwww SNAP!   :popcorn: :lmao:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 08:04:07 PM »
Here's an idea for the Dummie... BUY USED!  It's a much better option. I purchased a 1 year old vehicle from a car dealer... my car was only owned by the dealer itself, having been used as a loaner vehicle.  About 10,600 miles, looked brand new, and only set me back $13,000 or so.  This is for a red Mazda 6 (the "i" model).  Oh noes, I bought a Japanese car... oh wait, what does that sticker on the side window say?  oops, built by the UAW in Flat Rock, Michigan!  :thatsright:  :lmao: 

I'm sure if the DUmmy did some actual research on Edmunds and AutoTrader, they could find a Malibu in their price range.  Funny thing is, I was looking at the new Malibu too, but it was out of my price range... instead of bitching about it on a message board, I just kept my options open, looked elsewhere, and struck gold with my cute lil "rice burner."  :p  (my boyfriend's nickname for my car... jerkoff!  :bird: )

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 09:18:42 PM »
Quote from:
JANdad

My first house 10 years ago cost me 49000

$49K?!?  Is that a house or a somewhat reinforced cardboard box?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 09:58:14 PM »
JANdad  (1000+ posts)      Thu Apr-23-09 03:04 PM
Response to Reply #3

I would thing that if the govt really wanted to help the auto industry, they could subsidize the purchase of a new car...
Dammit! If it weren't for the words "welfare", "help", "assistance", "benefits", or "subsidy", they wouldn't even HAVE a message board over there.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 10:14:48 PM »
$49K?!?  Is that a house or a somewhat reinforced cardboard box?

Remember DUmmies are out of sync with time so perhaps "10 years ago" in DUmmie time means something like 40 years ago to the rest of us?  Skin's Island was formed from the collapsed mass of the hive intellect of ivory tower leftists which, I theorize, creates a time dilation effect whereby stuff that has appeared to have happened years ago to the rest of humanity is "news" to DUmmies.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 10:20:59 PM »
Remember DUmmies are out of sync with time so perhaps "10 years ago" in DUmmie time means something like 40 years ago to the rest of us?  Skin's Island was formed from the collapsed mass of the hive intellect of ivory tower leftists which, I theorize, creates a time dilation effect whereby stuff that has appeared to have happened years ago to the rest of humanity is "news" to DUmmies.

Reasonable - it certainly explains how current events are somehow the last administrations fault.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 10:21:11 PM »
Remember DUmmies are out of sync with time so perhaps "10 years ago" in DUmmie time means something like 40 years ago to the rest of us? 

Smoking dope all your adult life will do that to a person.  The last time I saw a "house" for sale at that price, it was a doublewide wooden shack with a slab foundation ten miles outside of Murfreesboro, TN.  If you work anywhere in Nashville, you would be looking at an hour commute on a good day.  You could probably get a condominium ten years ago, but you would have been lucky to get a third bedroom.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.