Author Topic: MrSlayer tries to explain to the misfits they are hypocrites. Poor dear.  (Read 549 times)

Offline formerlurker

CatWoman (66,729 posts)

OK -- I need to know. Exactly how are the FLOTUS travel and wardrobe paid for?

Michelle Obama sparks fury after splashing out on $6,800 designer jacket for Buckingham Palace reception

Political commentators have expressed their fury over the fact that Michelle Obama wore a jacket worth $6,800 to the pre-Olympics Opening Ceremony reception at Buckingham Palace on Friday.

Though the dazzling J Mendel jacket and skirt won critical acclaim from the style set, some pundits are furious that she elected to spend so much money on a garment while so many in the U.S. are suffering financially.

A post on the Gateway Pundit blog read that the design 'cost more than the average American family makes in a month ($4,284)'.

'She does this as Americans continue to suffer through a deep recession and record unemployment,' writer Jim Hoft said. 'Michelle feels your pain.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2180702/Michelle-Obama-sparks-fury-splashing-6-800-designer-jacket-Buckingham-Palace-reception.html#ixzz229Ww769V

btw - I thought she looked absolutely FANTASTIC.

Much, MUCH better than her predecessor 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021048359

MrSlayer (19,020 posts)
1. This matters. Did she actually buy it?

Last edited Mon Jul 30, 2012, 08:18 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Or is it one of those things where the designer hooks you up to wear his stuff and you give it back?

It matters because it's hard to complain about Ann Romney's thousand dollar t-shirt when the First Lady is wearing a seven thousand dollar jacket.

The richie rich, out of touch meme only works when "our" side doesn't top them.

Did she buy it or was it a gift?

MrSlayer (19,020 posts)
20. Well then no one should care how the Romneys spend their money.

Last edited Mon Jul 30, 2012, 08:29 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

So tax returns, off the table. Who cares?
Foreign accounts, off the table. No one should care.
Dancing horse? Ten mansions? Who cares?

You see where this sort of thing gets us? Takes a major attack line off the table.

MrSlayer (19,020 posts)
64. No.

I just think it makes us look like hypocrites. But only if she actually bought the jacket.

:panic:  Freeper alert.... freeper alert....

MrSlayer (19,020 posts)
26. No but we made an issue out of Ann Romney's.

That's why FLOTUS is taking a beating from them right now. A thousand dollar t-shirt looks puny next to the seven thousand dollar jacket. This takes a big time talking point off the table for us.

When the first family spends a ludicrous amount of money on clothing and we don't care then we forfeit the right to call the Romneys out on their out of touch, elitist ways too.

The money quote:

pnwmom (39,283 posts)
16. Of course she bought it. Gifts have to be reported.

And no one should care how this wealthy couple spends their money.

Word sistah!  :afro: 

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
pnwmom (39,283 posts)
16. Of course she bought it. Gifts have to be reported.

And no one should care how this wealthy couple spends their money.

Classic!1!

DUmmie logic, (whatever) for me but not for thee.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Here's the deal DUmmies, we conservatives wouldn't give a damn how much Michelle's jacket cost except for the fact that her and her husband are big on class warfare. Plus you goons threw a shit fit over a $900 shirt. Even if the jacket was on loan or a gift how many poor people get gifts like that? Yeah the 0bama's aren't out of touch.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Mr Mannn

The lowdown is the first lady DIDN'T buy the clothing. The Taxpayers bought it all.

These are democrats after all. They are above the law. Law is to control us, not them.