Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Their Deadbeat Existence  (Read 735 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Their Deadbeat Existence
« on: September 03, 2009, 12:39:13 PM »
Deja Q  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-03-09 12:22 PM
Original message
Cut my pay... please!
http://money.cnn.com/2009/08/28/news/economy/paycuts/in...

As the number of layoffs mount, more workers are ready and willing to take significant pay cuts
to find employment.

With unemployment as high as 9.4% and job prospects scarce, job seekers are willing to accept
as little as half of what they were making before, if it means finding a job.

In a recent survey, 65% of out-of-work respondents reported willingness to accept wages
up to 30% lower than their previous compensation. And, 3% and 4%, respectively, said
they would accept up to 40% and 50% of prior wages, according
to the 2009 Annual Career Fair Survey released by Next Steps Career Solutions.

"My hope is that as companies start to feel more confident about the economy, then I will be
able to find something better."

Hope does not pay the bills.
Keep pimping yourselves as cheap hos, folks... then wonder why nobody has any money to
spend, which in turn fixes the economy...

Here's a fun tangent: Will CEOs, such as AT&T's, take a pay cut? Hell, will AT&T ever fix their
service? (barely a profit? When AT&T charges $10/mo more for their data plan than T-Mobile
and doesn't provide the bandwidth they promise, combined with the number of iphones sold,
and there's no profit? Really? What ever happened to CEOs who put money back into their
business? Credit cards are not good, but companies making promises and delivering later on,
if not defaulting on their promises is worse.)
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6454327
Clearly, DUmmy Deja Q has an overdue cell phone bill.

liberal N proud  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-03-09 12:26 PM
1. The employees that do the work take the hit financially while the CEO
who sits at his desk and reads the Wall Street Journal and meets with a few local officials
and has coffee with them makes huge gains in their personal incomes.

Society is all ****ed up.
DUmmy liberal N proud spent his teens and twenties smoking dope instead of getting
a marketable education. He's now in his forties, sliding Chinese junk across a barcode
reader at a Dollar General store, and blaming his plight on the people who run the
company.   

laughingliberal  (204 posts)      Thu Sep-03-09 12:35 PM
2. Yes. Some years back there was a revolution around workers' rights
We've seen the gains by labor eroded over the past 30 years and are rapidly heading back
to the conditions as they were before this happened.

liberal N proud  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-03-09 12:37 PM
4. That turning point was call the Reagan Administration

Yes, it was a turning point. That was when DUmmy liberal N proud should have been
studying for a useful education, instead of screwing skanky hippie chicks. 

Hello_Kitty  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-03-09 12:37 PM
3. I'm in a job right now that pays 60% of what I used to make.
I'm having to short sell my house, I owe the IRS a shitload of money, my credit is in the toilet,
and the chances that I'll be buying anything major like a car in the next few years are nil. My
new employers are pretty decent but they know they have us over a barrel and the pressures
and the petty little indignities they subject us to are mounting.

Is it time for the guillotines yet?

I would say that yes, it is time, but I was recently designated asshole of the day. Most of the
bleeding hearts here would give deadbeats like Hello_Kitty another chance.

Offline thundley4

Re: DUmmies Discuss Their Deadbeat Existence
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »
Hello_Kitty   (1000+ posts)             Thu Sep-03-09 12:37 PM
Response to Original message

I'm having to short sell my house, I owe the IRS a shitload of money, my credit is in the toilet, and the chances that I'll be buying anything major like a car in the next few years are nil. My new employers are pretty decent but they know they have us over a barrel and the pressures and the petty little indignities they subject us to are mounting.

IIRC, the reason for owing the IRS a lot of money happens when you don't pay taxes. I thought DUmmies were happy to pay their share of taxes. What gives?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
Quote from:
Deja Q

Hope does not pay the bills.

Where was that admission from the primitives during the 2008 campaign?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:10:54 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »
IIRC, the reason for owing the IRS a lot of money happens when you don't pay taxes. I thought DUmmies were happy to pay their share of taxes. What gives?

Wrong.  They are happy to SPEND our share of taxes.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 11:10:02 PM »
These people think jobs come from somewhere besides companies and business? Non-profits are supported by donations from business and their officials, government collects taxes from business and their customers and employees.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 05:54:16 AM »
Where was that admission from the primitives during the 2008 campaign?

The dangers of not asking the right any questions, and blindly following along.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 07:01:41 AM »
What a bunch of reactionary morons. For some people a 30-40 % cut in pay would mean cutting out a lot of perks and temporarily delaying savings. The people in the story were not bitching because they knew this was only temporary! There was hope in the quotes. These people always bitch and moan about middle and upper middle class excess, yet now those same folks willing to take a pay cut for a job are workers who need a revolution from the shackles of their wages.  :whatever: Do they ever, I mean ever, think about anything deeply? Have they ever really just listened to themselves and went...oh shit, I make no sense from one day to the next. Don't answer; I already know. LOL

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 07:04:46 AM »
Hello_Kitty  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-03-09 12:37 PM
I'm having to short sell my house, I owe the IRS a shitload of money, my credit is in the toilet,
and the chances that I'll be buying anything major like a car in the next few years are nil. My
new employers are pretty decent but they know they have us over a barrel and the pressures
and the petty little indignities they subject us to are mounting.

How about you move over and let someone who has been looking for a job for months get a crack at it? Ever think your employers are under the same financial pressures you are? You can thank yourself for this Hello Kitty. You helped get a guy elected who has businesses and individuals on edge.

Maybe you should start with your own head?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 09:11:57 AM »
Maybe you should start with your own head?

One can dream . . .  :drool:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.