Author Topic: Something I've never seen before....probably due to the government shut down.  (Read 541 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member kimbutgar (9,680 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211667307

Something I've never seen before....probably due to the government shut down.

I was in a mall with my family and there was this line of people fenced off to sell gold and silver. I’ve been to this mall for years and have seen the gold buyer but have ever seen a line.

And of course there was a big sign in plain view while the sellers were doing the transaction.

All sales are final.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sun Jan 13, 2019, 09:37 PM
Star Member madaboutharry (29,217 posts)

1. This makes me so angry.

People are selling meaningful things, jewelry their grandmothers left to them and family heirlooms, so the can pay for their housing and buy food. This is so disgraceful. Trump should be impeached for this shutdown. It’s an abuse of power.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Star Member CaliforniaPeggy (127,113 posts)

2. This doesn't surprise me one little bit.

When you aren't getting paid, you will do whatever you can to bring some money in.

This works.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
How laughably fake.  More attempted sob stories.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
The Tucson Tart has some advice on how to make extra money during the furlough.

$5 at a time!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline DLR Pyro

nah, they're tweakers just trying to scrape up a few dollars selling the stuff they stole to get their next fix
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:20:39 PM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

Even in SF, where IIRC Kim lives, Federal employees are not that numerous, nor places to sell gold & silver that rare. If this :bouncy: happened at all the appraiser probably came in late due to SF Bay Area traffic, or was out on lunch break. If it was this weekend, there were 10 or 20 thousand extra people who used BART or freeways for the Saturday expo and Sunday race for the Hot Chocolate 15K and 10K. So commutes and getting around SF were complicated by a major event.

Not that I'm convinced that what Kim described actually happened. Especially since Federal employees missed their first paycheck last Friday.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.