Author Topic: Got candidate?  (Read 3838 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Got candidate?
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:36:27 AM »
Just getting a feel for the people of CC.

+1 Fred Head here.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 10:41:18 AM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Flame

Re: Got candidate?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 10:45:29 AM »
Fred here, too.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 10:55:58 AM »
Fred baby!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:04:25 AM »
HA HA we should change the name of this place to Thompson's Cave  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 11:06:05 AM »
Now I know we got the cream of the crop. :cheersmate:
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:06:59 AM »
Wow.  :o Good start. Now if only Fred will hang around a bit longer in the real world, he might get a few second looks from the Huck and McCain crowd. Lots and lots of time left fwiw.

On edit:
HA! LOL at "Thompson's Cave".
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 11:08:39 AM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »

At least us Fred heads don't go around beating people over the head.

I jumped on the Fred wagon early on I just hope he can gain some momentum and win this thing. If not I will support whoever the Repukes put up against Shillary or Obama.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 11:35:36 AM »

At least us Fred heads don't go around beating people over the head.

I jumped on the Fred wagon early on I just hope he can gain some momentum and win this thing. If not I will support whoever the Repukes put up against Shillary or Obama.

Every time me and the wife watched Law & Order, I told her I wished he'd run.  That was at least a year ago.  My wish came true.  Thanks, Fred.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 12:31:08 PM »
Unanimous so far for Fred!

Was g*tor right?  Are we a HIVE???  :old:

:cheersmate:

Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 12:32:29 PM »

Works for the bees.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 01:37:57 PM »

Scary thought there. (the Hive question not the Gator one, lol) Could it be that Fred is the only consistent conservative?

If the R candidates were as uniform as the D candidates (ideologically) and it were a simple personality contest I think we would be as divided as DU.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »

Scary thought there. (the Hive question not the Gator one, lol) Could it be that Fred is the only consistent conservative?

If the R candidates were as uniform as the D candidates (ideologically) and it were a simple personality contest I think we would be as divided as DU.

No we aren't a hive we dont go ballistic if folks support other candidates. I know some of the regular CUers support Mitt and a lot of us wouldn't mind Duncan Hunter either. I have yet to see a Fred Head question the "moral clarity" of those who support others.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 01:57:22 PM »

No we aren't a hive we dont go ballistic if folks support other candidates. I know some of the regular CUers support Mitt and a lot of us wouldn't mind Duncan Hunter either. I have yet to see a Fred Head question the "moral clarity" of those who support others.

Good point. I could vote for Mitt w/o having to "hold my nose" so to speak and I'd vote for a monkey with a banana flavored veto stamp over any of the Dem candidates. Actually, I might prefer the monkey over any of the above.  :p

- Ayn Rand

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 02:49:18 PM »
Duncan Hunter is my first choice with Fred as a close second.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 02:54:18 PM »
OK, who's the f*cking neocon who voted for Mitt?!!  There is but one choice for the nomination, that is Fred.  Anyone who don't like can kiss my ass and find another forum to post in.  This one is mine, and you can all go straight to hell.  CC will be here long after you all leave.  You don't make CC what it is, it is CC that makes you relevant. :old: :old: :old:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 03:11:11 PM »
OK, who's the f*cking neocon who voted for Mitt?!!  There is but one choice for the nomination, that is Fred.  Anyone who don't like can kiss my ass and find another forum to post in.  This one is mine, and you can all go straight to hell.  CC will be here long after you all leave.  You don't make CC what it is, it is CC that makes you relevant. :old: :old: :old:

That's some good channeling there Lou!  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 07:21:15 PM »
For the record I voted fro Romney.

He has the hair of a Gleaming Man God.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 07:25:41 PM »
Well since Duncan Hunter dropped out of the race, that leaves Fred.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 08:42:43 PM »

I think Fred is still my candidate for now. I simply cannot find a decent fit with any of the rest of them.

But after S.C., I'm worried Fred wont get any traction now... the media is sure pushing McCain and I just dont want him.