Author Topic: Up next- Occupy the Hood  (Read 505 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Up next- Occupy the Hood
« on: October 08, 2011, 05:26:59 AM »
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/occupy_the_hood.php

non AP

Occupy the Hood Aims to Bring More Minorities Into the Occupy Wall Street Fold

Occupy Wall Street wants to represent the "99 percent." But if you've been down to observe the goings-on at Zuccotti Park, you'll have noticed that the majority of participants are white, which -- at the risk of sounding obvious! -- does not represent 99 percent of the U.S. population. Now, labor unions are in on the act repping more working-class minorities, but that isn't reflected in the makeup of the Zuccotti campers.

In response to OWS's crunchy white image, two activist friends based in Detroit and New York have started a sub-movement called Occupy the Hood, which is focused on bringing minorities into the protest. On Facebook, the group's page reads:

It had to happen. Blacks don't want to share the spotlight with white elitist. They want their own movement. Maybe obama will join em. Me Shell my bell can cook.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Up next- Occupy the Hood
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 06:05:55 AM »
It had to happen. Blacks don't want to share the spotlight with white elitist. They want their own movement. Maybe obama will join em. Me Shell my bell can cook graze.

FIFY.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 06:23:38 AM »
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/occupy_the_hood.php

non AP

It had to happen. Blacks don't want to share the spotlight with white elitist. They want their own movement. Maybe obama will join em. Me Shell my bell can cook.

As long as the protesters are American, who cares if they are any ethnic group. ??

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »
As long as the protesters are American, who cares if they are any ethnic group. ??

There were some illegal aliens who couldn't speak English, holding a sign in English, that were paid to protest.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.