Author Topic: Anyone who thinks trump is really completely stupid is wrong.  (Read 2821 times)

Offline CC27

Laura PourMeADrink (27,977 posts)

Anyone who thinks trump is really completely stupid is wrong.

Last edited Tue Aug 6, 2019, 11:50 PM - Edit history (1)

He is systematically dismantling our government as we know it He is the chess player.

He has:

* blocked the press (no press conferences),

* blocked the enforcement of law (Barr),

* blocked the courts (dragging issues out)

* Influenced the investigation of himself by appointing Whitaker and Barr.

* installed his crony in the SC,

* thumbed his nose at the House (ignoring subpoenas),

* did an end-around funding using fake emergency,

* changed the method for justifying regulation (disallowing benefit $$ in equation)

* Refused to fill positions with qualified people, increasing his control and reducing needed regulation.

* Overturned regulations that protect the public (cancer causing sludge produced by coal companies ok in water now, for example)

* Cozied up with our enemies, putting money over values.

*Stoked hate and division among the population,

* Manipulated the stock market, by trashing US companies creating volatility,

* Lined his own pockets via his hotels, golf courses, and Mara Lago fees.

* Appointed 140 judges that GOP will breeze through.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212353254

Major eye roll.

Offline SVPete

Re: Anyone who thinks trump is really completely stupid is wrong.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 09:19:16 AM »
Laura PourMeADrink (27,977 posts)

Anyone who thinks trump is really completely stupid is wrong.

Last edited Tue Aug 6, 2019, 11:50 PM - Edit history (1)

He is systematically dismantling our government as we know it He is the chess player.

He has:

* blocked the press (no press conferences), No law or constitutional provision requires "press conferences". But Laura (or the source she copied) is playing a dishonest word game. While Trump hasn't done "press conferences" he has interacted with the MSM frequently, through interviews and in less formal contexts (some of which DU-folk have demanded the MSM not participate in). So "the press" has in no way been "blocked".

* blocked the enforcement of law (Barr) What law has Barr not enforced? At present, Barr is being attacked for enforcing laws and regs in regard to Grand Jury testimony and classified information in the Mueller report.

* blocked the courts (dragging issues out) Protecting one's rights and insisting on due process is not "blocking" the courts.

* Influenced the investigation of himself by appointing Whitaker and Barr Mueller testified to Congress that his investigation had not been hindered or obstructed.

* installed his crony in the SC Every President chooses USSC and Federal court judges. This is not "dismantling our government".

* thumbed his nose at the House (ignoring subpoenas) As many Presidents, including Obama, showed, Congressional subpoenas can violate the law or Constitution.

* did an end-around funding using fake emergency The courts have found that Trump was within his rights in declaring an emergency.

* changed the method for justifying regulation (disallowing benefit $$ in equation) The regulation in question did not specify the method to be used to determine eligibility. Trump's Administration is acting in compliance with law and regulation.

* Refused to fill positions with qualified people, increasing his control and reducing needed regulation The Dems in the Senate have been systematically obstructing Trump's appointments, and DU-folk have howled at McConnell's moves to sidestep their obstruction. Own it, "Laura"!
* Cozied up with our enemies, putting money over values If that refers to Russia, was dropping out of the INF Treaty "cozying up to" Russia? Is trying to negotiate the elimination of NoKo's nuclear weapons "cozying up to" NoKo? And how does Hillary's "Reset Button" and Obama's telling a Russian representative that he would have "more flexibility" after the 2012 election fit into "Laura"'s cozying-up-to equation?[/i]

* Manipulated the stock market, by trashing US companies creating volatility So, "trashing US companies" created a major surge of stocks? I believe the word for such a statement is "Oxymoron".
* Appointed 140 judges that GOP will breeze through So what? Presidents appoint judges, though Obama was less than diligent about that. Obama's indolence set up Trump to appoint more than the average number of judges.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 09:23:41 AM »
These people of the left are just plain batshit insane. Their reality is just not connected to anything resembling the real world.

Now they are openly calling for our extermination. It's getting sporty here.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 09:56:51 AM »
These people of the left are just plain batshit insane. Their reality is just not connected to anything resembling the real world.

Now they are openly calling for our extermination. It's getting sporty here.

Yeah, I've been visiting ammoseek often lately.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 10:34:06 AM »
Poor widdle DUmmies, stuck in the same conundrum they had with President Bush.  Their bizzare theories always alternate between completely ****ing stupid or brilliant genius in describing Bush & Trump.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 08:43:31 PM »
Response to Laura PourMeADrink (Original post)Tue Aug 6, 2019, 09:40 AM
Kilgore (1,564 posts)
16. And for some reason there are more who love him in my workplace & town

Dont get it, but its happening here.

There is no question that there are more jobs, reopened facilities, and rising wages, but somehow your list is overlooked.

The old saying that people vote with their wallets is true here.

This is why I dont discount a Trump 2020 reelection.

If everybody would just look at the primitive's stupid list, they would forget all about how great things are going in America.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 03:14:41 PM »
Poor widdle DUmmies, stuck in the same conundrum they had with President Bush.  Their bizzare theories always alternate between completely ****ing stupid or brilliant genius in describing Bush & Trump.

Of course, given that liberalism long ago stopped believing the law of non-contradiction, they managed to believe that Pres. Trump is both stupid and a genius (ditto Pres. Bush).