Author Topic: What's the Pretender going to be able to do?  (Read 644 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
What's the Pretender going to be able to do?
« on: December 12, 2020, 03:20:37 PM »
https://trendingpolitics.com/biden-policy-director-pledges-big-bold-executive-orders-on-guns-healthcare-more/?utm_source=economics

The article starts out in a pessimistic mood:

Biden Policy Director Pledges 'Big, Bold' Executive Orders on Guns, Healthcare, More

We’re already getting conflicting messages about the policies a potential Joe Biden administration plans to pursue, but that said, none of the news is good for supporters of the rightful president, Donald Trump.

Though the Democratic nominee himself has reportedly said he doesn’t believe he has the executive authority to, say, ban ‘assault weapons,’ Stef Feldman, who will serve as Biden’s national policy director, indicates otherwise. ‘.....

Then suddenly there's an abrupt change in the mood, bringing the reader into reality:

.....And while such a scenario isn’t something Trump supporters want to contemplate, there is something we’d like to remind readers about: A little concept called ‘nullification.’

For the past four years, blue states and cities have pushed back against the president’s orders and policies despite the fact that many of them were based on sound legal principles or otherwise rooted in existing statutes.

Many of these same states have passed laws that directly violate federal law or otherwise render it moot – like allowing the use of recreational marijuana or laws that thwart federal immigration statutes.

The point is, it’s going to be one the for a President Biden to write an executive order; it’s going to be quite something else, however, to try and implement and enforce said orders and policies, especially any that would deprive Americans of the free exercise of any constitutional right to keep and bear arms......

Right.  And given that there's a substantial number of Americans who doubt the Pretender's legitimacy, it's going to be a big problem getting them--us--to respect and acquiesce to his authority.

Like, for example, if firearm confiscation is ordered, how's that going to happen?

Who's going to pay attention to it?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 03:22:38 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
Re: What's the Pretender going to be able to do?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 03:52:20 PM »
And then there is this, in The People's Republik Of Neo York~ At first glance seemingly innocuous enough yet just doesn't quite pass the smell test. May be setting a precedent for some nefarious intent down the road... thetruthaboutguns.com/new-york-voluntarily-waive-your-gun-rights-legally/

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 04:47:00 PM »
https://trendingpolitics.com/biden-policy-director-pledges-big-bold-executive-orders-on-guns-healthcare-more/?utm_source=economics

Like, for example, if firearm confiscation is ordered, how's that going to happen?

I'm guessing very hazardously for the people trying to confiscate the weapons
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 05:40:23 PM »
Thinking a little bit outside the box, but I see free speech (especially conservative speech) being Verboten and reinstating the ridiculous "Fairness Doctrine".
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender