Author Topic: 'Can I change my vote' trends on Google: What you need to know  (Read 573 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
'Can I change my vote' trends on Google: What you need to know
« on: October 27, 2020, 09:38:03 PM »
'Can I change my vote' trends on Google: What you need to know
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/can-i-change-my-vote-trends-google-what-you-need-to-know

More than 59 million Americans have already cast their ballots ahead of Election Day – but some might be wondering if they can change that vote, according to Google Trends.

Google searches of the phrase "can I change my vote" peaked Tuesday morning in the U.S. around 6 a.m. ET.

One of the subregions where the phrase began trending at one point was in Delaware, the state Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden represented in the Senate for 36 years.

Other subregions included battleground states such as Maine, Pennsylvania, Florida, Ohio, Michigan, North Carolina, Iowa, Wisconsin and Arizona, according to Trend data at various points throughout Tuesday morning.

Some could be having buyer's remorse.

As of Sunday, the nearly 60 million Americans who have voted early in the 2020 presidential election suggest a record turnout this year. In 2016, 47.2 million early votes were cast in the presidential election, according to data from the U.S. Elections Project.

President Trump tweeted about the Google trend Tuesday morning and encouraged voters to "go do it," claiming without evidence that the trend "refers to changing it to me."

While Trump suggested the Google trend started "immediately" after his debate with Biden on Thursday, data showed the search did not spike until Tuesday morning, five days later.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: 'Can I change my vote' trends on Google: What you need to know
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 02:17:17 AM »
This is why early in person and widespread, unsolicited mail voting are a bad thing.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: 'Can I change my vote' trends on Google: What you need to know
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 09:46:33 AM »
This is why early in person and widespread, unsolicited mail voting are a bad thing.

Absolutely.  I wonder if after one casts a vote and then dies, is that vote still legally able to be counted?  All this stuff of letting people vote months ahead of an election is simply wrong.  They had what, 5 million or 8 million votes cast before the first debate!  That's just crazy.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen