Author Topic: primitives discuss Kentucky Fried Chicken  (Read 964 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives discuss Kentucky Fried Chicken
« on: April 08, 2013, 06:43:06 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/115724495

Oh my.

First up, the diet cola primitive:

Tab (9,152 posts)    Fri Apr 5, 2013, 09:22 PM

KFC says new boneless chicken is a 'game changer'

This is more than just "chicken tenders" - boneless drumstick, thighs, and breasts? At least the breasts I can imagine (no pun intended) but what the hell did they do to the drumsticks and thighs? And is it so hard to eat meat off a bone anyway?

Trying to tear meat off a chicken skeleton is an annoyance for many Americans, especially younger ones. So KFC, in what it’s calling a “game changer” of a move, is ditching the bones.

The Kentucky-based chicken chain is rolling out its Original Recipe Boneless options on April 14 as it attempts to draw back patrons seeking more portable, convenient foods.

In the U.S., 80% of fried chicken is served off the bone in the form of strips, bites and filets, according to the company. Competitors such as McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A and Burger King are invading the chicken market with hassle-free chicken offerings such as wraps, nuggets and sandwiches.

That leaves a slim market for the drumstick, thigh and breast pieces KFC is known for serving up. Hence the new boneless launch, which KFC says in a statement is “more than just a promotional product; it’s a new way of doing business.”

The solid pieces of chicken will become a “flagship” offering, according to the chain, which is offering a two-piece combo with a side order, biscuit and drink for $4.99. A 10-piece mixed bucket -- four boneless pieces and six pieces on-the-bone -- costs $14.99.

More: http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-kfc-boneless-chicken-20130405,0,3541323.story

skepticscott (7,098 posts)    Sat Apr 6, 2013, 08:30 AM

1. A boneless chicken is no more welcome in a KFC bucket than it is in Congress.

bif (15,282 posts)    Sat Apr 6, 2013, 10:10 AM

2. "Trying to tear meat off a chicken skeleton is an annoyance for many Americans"

I'm sure a lot of folks stay up late fretting over this.

cbayer (119,699 posts)   Sat Apr 6, 2013, 02:50 PM

5. I can't tell what some of their pieces are even with the bones left in.

KFC is, imo, the worst fried chicken on the market. Taking the bones out won't make it any better.

jambo101 (292 posts)    Mon Apr 8, 2013, 04:27 AM

7. This wont last long

As bones make up half the bulk of any KFC chicken people are going to feel getting their meals with what seems like only half the product is going to have people going elsewhere for their fry fix.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: primitives discuss Kentucky Fried Chicken
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:29:25 PM »
I think Kentucky Fried Chicken original recipe is the best prepared commercial food in the world.

Apparently several billion people agree with me.

I've had it in Europe, Japan, China, Thailand, all over Central and South America as well as here. The restaurants are always packed, and the food is always great.

So I would expect the DUmpmonkeys to say it's crap.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 07:31:02 PM »
KFC is, imo, the worst fried chicken on the market.

You never ate at a Church's in the middle of the 'hood, have you?

*shudders*
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »

*shudders*

Well, remember, the cbayer primitive is pretentious; she doesn't put up with what common people do.

But I'll bet if Kentucky Fried Chicken came wrapped up in kale, she'd be dining on it every day.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 07:43:45 PM »
Well, remember, the cbayer primitive is pretentious; she doesn't put up with what common people do.

But I'll bet if Kentucky Fried Chicken came wrapped up in kale, she'd be dining on it every day.
If the menu was in French and there weren't black people working there, you'd be correct.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 07:47:37 PM »
If the menu was in French and there weren't black people working there, you'd be correct.

See, this is the difference between the cbayer primitive and myself.

I don't do Kentucky Fried Chicken; I've probably had it, maybe, three times in my life.

Nothing against it; it's just not anything that rows my boat, rocks my chair, pushes my button.

But just because franksolich doesn't dine on Kentucky Fried Chicken, doesn't mean it's bad.

In fact, I suspect Kentucky Fried Chicken's rather good, given its overwhelming popularity.

The cbayer primitive on the other hand seems to think that just because she doesn't like it, it's no good.

Talk about being elitist.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 07:49:12 PM »
I love the original Kentucky Fried Chicken.  That stuff is great.  Who else would think of frying chicken in a pressure cooker?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 08:03:52 PM »
Did someone say boneless chicken?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjPSKYmHCUs[/youtube]

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
I think Kentucky Fried Chicken original recipe is the best prepared commercial food in the world.

I don't do much fast food, but that stuff is good.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Undies

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »
We did KFC last night.  8-pc. original with cole slaw and mashed taters (potatoes for you culturally deprived).  Then we went to Williams Chicken to get some fried okra and corn fritters.

It was a feast, I tell you!  A feast!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 08:39:25 PM »
Y'all are making me hungry. :p

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 08:41:38 PM »
I was onboard until the fried okra. Blech.

You're talking DUmp spaghetti sauce there.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 08:45:26 PM »

*shudders*
Ghetto chicken is delicious. You just regret it the next day.

When my mom worked at KFC, I would walk an hour and a half just to get lunch. Those were the best days.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 12:09:46 AM »
I am one of the Americans who dislikes bones in her chicken.  Accidentally biting on cartilage creeps me out.  If a boneless option is available, I'll order that, if not, I'll usually cut the meat off the bone before eating it.  KFC makes some tasty chicken for sure, not a healthy choice, but a tasty treat.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 12:15:54 AM »
Cbayer - now that's just crazy talk.

I love KFC extra crispy.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 01:52:11 AM »
I love the original Kentucky Fried Chicken.  That stuff is great.  Who else would think of frying chicken in a pressure cooker?

Henny Penny.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 08:13:33 AM »
Henny Penny.
They don't have those around here.

:old:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 09:08:44 AM »
Tab, you cannot out-do the Gnads!
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 09:11:28 AM »

*shudders*

OMG I had one of their bisquits with honey while out at a job and I was freaking it was so damn good!  :rant:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 09:31:24 AM »
I'm not sure this boneless-only idea is such a genius marketing plan.  Everybody has chicken tenders, it's just no big whoop.  I think their problems lie elsewhere. 

The menu is confusing.  The combos are too restrictive.  You must have a combo or nothing at all.  I tried to get 2 pieces of chicken and some mashed potatoes.  The counterperson was absolutely flummoxed.  I had to get one more side and a drink, which I did not want.  And the sides are just not good.  Limp potato wedges, watery gravy, tasteless mac & cheese, gummy biscuits. 

The last time I was in there, it was just taking too damn long to move the line.  People were getting restless, the employees were getting panicky. 

I went through the drive-thru just to pick up some wings to go with a pizza.  "We only have 4 left" is what I was told.  All in all, not a good experience.  The breading falls off too easily, too. 

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 09:35:13 AM »
I'm I went through the drive-thru just to pick up some wings to go with a pizza.  "We only have 4 left" is what I was told.  All in all, not a good experience.  The breading falls off too easily, too.  

that must be a common problem because it seems the times I have gone there they always tell me that they are out of certain selections of chicken and I have to just go with whatever and of course they don't tell you that when you are placing your order it's always after you get up to the window after paying to pick up your purchase

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »
that must be a common problem because it seems the times I have gone there they always tell me that they are out of certain selections of chicken and I have to just go with whatever and of course they don't tell you that when you are placing your order it's always after you get up to the window after paying to pick up your purchase
Everything gets pitched out at closing time. Sometimes they miscalculate on how to finish the day.

I got a sixteen-piece bucket one evening at closing, and got two buckets with at least thirty pieces for the same price.

The only thing better than original recipe KFC is cold leftover KFC for the next few days.

Their menu allows you to buy chicken only, and you can buy the sides ala carte. The combos are just cheaper.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »

They are the king of "mystery pieces".
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.