Author Topic: A suicide run in all but name only  (Read 835 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
A suicide run in all but name only
« on: December 11, 2012, 12:39:19 PM »
Pacafishmate (203 posts)

Illinois concealed carry ban ruled unconstitutional
In a big victory for gun rights advocates, a federal appeals court on Tuesday struck down a ban on carrying concealed weapons in Illinois — the only remaining state where carrying concealed weapons is entirely illegal.
The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals said state lawmakers have 180 days to write a new law that legalizes concealed carry.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Court-strikes-down-Illinois-concealed-carry-law-4108504.php

In 180 days, concealed carry will be legal in all 50 states. I think that we can safely say that gun control is a decided issue. The only thing that remains now is for progressives to realize that the archaic ideas behind unreasonable gun control must be dropped from the agenda.

uh oh!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021961381

No replies yet.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

• Global Moderator
Re: A suicide run in all but name only
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 01:00:42 PM »
Lasher (19,696 posts)
1. First in line for the flamefest!

slackmaster (57,385 posts)
2. This is Big News. Illinois was the last state that had no provision for lawful concealed carry.

I'm sure the legislature will come up with a Byzantine system that gives local law enforcement people the power to decide who is worthy of exercising the right to bear arms and who is not.

Alas...

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Stinky The Clown (a host of the General Discussion forum).

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 01:27:54 PM »
StinkDUde won't stand for that.
He has yet to discover how to conceal an handgun in a tutu.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 02:17:47 PM »

He did figure out where to put the cigar, though, you have to give him that.

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
It was apparently unlocked.  I couldn't believe Stinks tried to lock it.  The word "gun" can only be uttered in the gungeon? 

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »
He did figure out where to put the cigar, though, you have to give him that. :popcorn:

:lol:
Wait, what, that was a "cigar"?  My bad, the picture was small and I thought it was a....., oh well, never mind.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »

These guys (sic) could offer some advice.

http://pinkpistols.org/
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 08:32:27 AM »
I'am betting Crock would have loved this one:

A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE...ENJOY !

THIS MAY MAKE YOUR DAY!

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack has read the Second Amendment to the  U.S. Constitution, as well as Vermont's own Constitution very carefully, and his strict interpretation of these documents is popping  some eyeballs in New England and elsewhere.

Maslack recently proposed a bill to register "non-gun-owners" and require them to pay a $500 fee to the state. 

Vermont would become  the first state to require a permit for the luxury of going about  unarmed and charge $500 for the privilege of not owning a  gun.

Maslack read the "militia" phrase of the Second Amendment as not only the right of the individual citizen to bear arms, but as 'a clear  mandate to do so'.

He believes that universal gun ownership was  advocated by the Framers of the Constitution as an antidote to a  "monopoly of force" by the government as well as criminals. Vermont’s  constitution states explicitly that "the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State" and those persons  who are "conscientiously scrupulous of bearing arms" shall be required  to "pay such equivalent.."Clearly, says Maslack, Vermonters have a constitutional obligation to  arm themselves, so that they are capable of responding to "any  situation that may arise."

Under the bill, adults who choose not to own a firearm would be  required to register their name, address, Social Security Number, and  driver's license number with the state. "There is a legitimate government interest in knowing who is not prepared to defend the state should they be asked to do so," Maslack says.
Vermont already boasts a high rate of gun ownership along with the  least restrictive laws of any state .... it's currently the only state that allows a citizen to carry a concealed firearm without a permit.  This combination of plenty of guns and few laws regulating them has resulted in a crime rate that is the third lowest in the nation. "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards."

This makes sense! There is no reason why gun owners should have to pay  taxes to support police protection for people not wanting to own guns.

Let them contribute their fair share and pay their own way. Sounds reasonable to me! Non-gun owners require more police to protect them and this fee should go to paying for their defense!

I LIKE IT!

Received via email.   Imagine the bitter old Vermont Primitive being forced to buy a gun or pay a tax. :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 09:03:38 AM »
Received via email.   Imagine the bitter old Vermont Primitive being forced to buy a gun or pay a tax. :rotf:

Make the DUmbasses rue the day they embraced mandates.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 09:39:14 AM »
:lol:
Wait, what, that was a "cigar"?  My bad, the picture was small and I thought it was a....., oh well, never mind.
Well, sir, he has been known to rummage around in a cat box.
So your initial impression isn't that far off.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 12:31:36 PM »
Make the DUmbasses rue the day they embraced mandates.

They'll never stop embracing man dates.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »
Well, sir, he has been known to rummage around in a cat box.
So your initial impression isn't that far off.

I thought he more "lived" in it than "rummaged" through it, but it was an honest mistake. :whistling:
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 07:50:50 PM »
I'am betting Crock would have loved this one:

Beautiful!!! It's not a mandate it's a tax, just ask Judge Roberts.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.