Author Topic: primitives once more deny what their own policies created  (Read 606 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
primitives once more deny what their own policies created
« on: September 06, 2011, 05:12:06 PM »
Quote from:
WI_DEM

DeMint: Unemployed would rather not work but receive all that unemployment $ and food stamps!

Republican politicians have conflicting explanations for high unemployment, as Political Correction points out using recent comments by Sen. Jim DeMint. On the one hand, businesses are afraid to hire people because Obama will somehow penalize them for this through regulations. On the other hand:

DEMINT: I have talked to a lot of businesses in South Carolina who can't get employees to come back to work because they are getting unemployment and they're getting food stamps and they say call me when unemployment runs out. <...>

There are a lot of people who desperately need it and we need to make sure that we have that safety net in place, but we also have to realize there are a lot of people gaming the system right now. And we need to do better than we have done with just extending benefits, there have to be incentives for people to get back to work. These have to phase out in a way that we haven't done it before.

www.dailykos.com

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1887298

This is well documented.  Businesses are uncertain what Dear Leader will do next to help destroy business, so they're hanging on to what little they have at this point and hoping for better day.  Former employees have found that unemployment benefits coupled with food stamps, etc... have permitted them to have it virtually as good as they did when they worked, so why even try?  It's the prefect scenerio for the Dems; a whole society dependent upon the gov't for their existance.  Of course, the primitives have to pretend they want jobs for people, but jobs will take people away from the need for gov't oversight and services, and they know it.  But to save face, they have to say what sounds good.

Quote from:
TwilightGardener

2. "Call me when unemployment runs out"--"gaming the system"--Oh for ****'s sake.

It's exactly what way too many are saying and doing.  How stupid and blind do you have to be to try and claim it's not?

Quote from:
shraby

4. I would guess the ones who said call me when it runs out, are getting offered less pay and fewer benefits for the work they did before, if there is any truth at all to his statement..which I seriously doubt.

Aaaahh, so close.  But in the end, FAIL!!

Quote from:
aint_no_life_nowhere

9. At least he's trying to be creative

When the arguments about the so-called job creators and trickle down economics fall apart, Republicans have to find some other reason why companies are not hiring. Hey, they're not hiring because no one wants to work, right?

The unexperienced primitives tries, but again falls short.  You libs set up a system where sitting around doing nothing pays virtually as well as trying, and now you want to lay it off on Republicans because you created a dependant class?  Won't work.

Quote from:
FirstLight

10. it's not because they are gaming the system...

it's because the system is set up ion such a way that you have no sliding scale for benefits, and you can end up in worse shape working than waiting till benefits run out. With TANF -If you make more one month, they take it away from you another month, in either cash or food stamps. Unemployment is either all or nothing, even if you get a job working fewer hours or making less money, they cut off ALL assistance. so if you are making more on unemployment than a PT job would give, it is better to wait it out and hope for a better position.
The system IS a game, and we are the ones screwed...

****ers like this that oversimplify the realities make me want to kick them in the teeth. :anger:

It's not because they're gaming the system, but then goes on to explain they're doing it because the system is rigged to be gamed.  Decide, will ya.

Quote from:
Proud Liberal Dem

11. Businesses begging people to come back to work?

Really?

The same businesses that are sitting on tons of cash and (some of whom) are now refusing to solicit applications from people whom are currently unemployed?

Most people, contrary to the opinion of DeMint and other Republicans, WANT to work and have a job and to be productive law-abiding citizens. Some people are even so proud that they would actually rather starve than go down to the county office and apply for TANF, Food Stamps, etc. What the hell is DeMint smoking?

Oh I agree, most people want to work.  Democrats, especially liberals, don't.  The primitives on Skin's island, as well as other sites like DailyKooks and PuffingtonHost, have made it clear they would prefer to tax the rich and let that money tickle down to them so they don't have to lift a finger.  Your past posts have caught up with you... again.

Quote from:
kentuck

15. I would admit that there is a disincentive in many low-paying jobs...

When a person can do as well on the survival wages of unemployment and food stamps as he can working, then maybe we should ask about the wages paid for work in this country. Barely survival wages versus food stamps and unemployment? Shouldn't one pay a little more than the other? Wages have declined for several decades and it doesn't pay to work for some folks. Whose fault is that?

Yeah, whose fault is it that businesses have been taxed and regulated to the point where they had to leave the country in order to survive?  Businesses would be more than happy to pay employees a good wage, they just can't afford to pay them more than the job is worth.  You fools want pay above what is financially feasible, and when a company can't pay it, you say they shouldn't be in business anyway.  Well guess what?  They aren't in business anymore in the USA, they went where they could survive,  How'd that work out for you, dimwits?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:15:33 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: primitives once more deny what their own policies created
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 05:39:03 PM »
I was talking to someone a couple of weeks ago who said a relative just got a job because their unemployment benefits ran out, and it's not the 1st time I've heard that.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 09:39:49 PM »
I was talking to someone a couple of weeks ago who said a relative just got a job because their unemployment benefits ran out, and it's not the 1st time I've heard that.

Watching the primitives continually have to misrepresent what everyone else clearly sees with their own eyes and hear with their own ears is predictable.  I'm more than happy to throw it back in their faces.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 11:49:45 PM »

My dad interviewed a prospective employee who ended up turning down a job offer because he decided that the wages weren't high enough to convince him to give up his unemployment.

Mind you, lurking DUmmies, my dad is Democrat who voted for both Obama and Jerry Brown, so I'm not hearing this from another Republican.  However, despite our differences in political opinions, my dad is one of the hardest working men I've ever met.  He worked himself up from working on the assembly line to a high up managerial position.  He has no tolerance for people who are able to work but choose not too, regardless of what "free money" they may be able to get when not working.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »
Subsidize an activity and you will get more of that activity.

Tax and regulate an activity and you will get less of that activity.

That's tough for a sub 80 IQ DUmbass (BIRM) but the rest of the country certainly understands it.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.